There are 293 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Also keep in mind that he had great assistants that called him out on his b******t during that first Super Bowl, and now he is left with yes-men that serve his ego. No one wants to admit that the king wears no clothing, and instead want to blame injuries or out of shape players.

His assistants were hired away and promoted. That was a product of success, not failure. It's not news that you aren't guaranteed to replace quality assets. If anything, the evidence shows he will move on pretty quickly if something isn't working (see Wilks, and a host of player examples).

Move on, or excuse ? In hindsight, Wilks called a great game in the Super Bowl. We lost because our offense was inept. Just like today, we squandered opportunity after opportunity to put the game away. Now, we can nitpick and blame every single player for every single mishap like we tend to do. Or we can put it all together and ask ourselves, why is it that our head coach always has the team unprepared against the same opponent that pretty much schemes the same way every time we face it ? Why do we put players on the field that are nothing more than a liability? Why do we continue to support coaches that have proven 7 weeks in a row that they can't coach their particular unit ? We can't we adjust our scheme during the game to take advantage of a team that is missing just as many starters as we are ?

Maybe it's not just A coach or A player. Maybe it's a culmination of everything. Maybe we have a head coach that is ignorant, thick headed who just wants to find every reason for losing except himself.

we all know Kyle will not fire Schneider. We all know he will not bench Ronnie Bell or Campbell. We all know his game plan will stay the same. Kyle will not budge. It's his weakness. It's why he loses.
[ Edited by DrEll on Oct 20, 2024 at 6:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Anyone else just not finding this season enjoyable? Like I have such high expectations for this team based off last year but this team just isn't that good. I think Dallas game is really gonna guide us on how we proceed with this season moving forward.

Personally Ive watched every snap of 49er football even under Erickson, Tomsula and Chip Kelly and found some enjoyment even in those dark times where there was little to get excited about.

I still will find something to enjoy this season. When you're a fan for a long time you know the team isnt going to be good all the time. It is what it is. Feels like we're on the cusp of the 2014 season right now.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Just like Harbaugh in 2014, I'm over Kyle. He's taken us as far as he's going to

This season has a very similar feel to it.

Because the players are giving up/drained etc. SB losses tend to do that.

I expected a serious uptick in their intensity this game but didn't see it aside a few players. The chiefs own them.

That to me is the biggest red flag for Kyle. They are sloppy compared to past squads and not nearly as physical.

Thats why I'm thinking his best bet is a roster refresh. They need new blood all over the team and staff.
Kyle's tenure has run it's course. As successful as he's been, the mistakes and misfires have caught up to this team. Trading away all those picks for trey, FA misses, extending players who they shouldn't have.. Have all led to where we are today.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Kyle's tenure has run it's course. As successful as he's been, the mistakes and misfires have caught up to this team. Trading away all those picks for trey, FA misses, extending players who they shouldn't have.. Have all led to where we are today.

i think they still have a shot if you are into betting, bet current odds for SB. the div should be easy and CMC back by playoff time.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Move on, or excuse ? In hindsight, Wilks called a great game in the Super Bowl. We lost because our offense was inept. Just like today, we squandered opportunity after opportunity to put the game away. Now, we can nitpick and blame every single player for every single mishap like we tend to do. Or we can put it all together and ask ourselves, why is it that our head coach always has the team unprepared against the same opponent that pretty much schemes the same way every time we face it ? Why do we put players on the field that are nothing more than a liability? Why do we continue to support coaches that have proven 7 weeks in a row that they can't coach their particular unit ? We can't we adjust our scheme during the game to take advantage of a team that is missing just as many starters as we are ?

Maybe it's not just A coach or A player. Maybe it's a culmination of everything. Maybe we have a head coach that is ignorant, thick headed who just wants to find every reason for losing except himself.

we all know Kyle will not fire Schneider. We all know he will not bench Ronnie Bell or Campbell. We all know his game plan will stay the same. Kyle will not budge. It's his weakness. It's why he loses.

Yea, Wilks and company had a good gameplan against a season long average offense. The Chiefs offense was not special last year and isn't this year either. He was fired because the defense, which has better players at every level than it does this year, underperformed all season long. We now have 2 great players on defense and maybe 1-2 more that are capable of playing really well. Our offense has been great at times this season and a disjointed mess at others… and it's also ravaged by injuries.

Kyle wasn't good today. Lots of mistakes. But we don't have the best roster right now, on either side of the ball. Nobody is being held back by coaching here generally*. Today you could say the coaching not only didn't help elevate the team but hindered it at key moments. That's pretty rare here.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Oct 20, 2024 at 6:44 PM ]
NFC is kinda crap, unless you fear Darnold or Goff
Originally posted by jays9ers:

I agree. It's time to move on from both lynch and shanahan
Originally posted by GLT49ers:

no it isn't that's just the disappointment talking
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Also keep in mind that he had great assistants that called him out on his b******t during that first Super Bowl, and now he is left with yes-men that serve his ego. No one wants to admit that the king wears no clothing, and instead want to blame injuries or out of shape players.

His assistants were hired away and promoted. That was a product of success, not failure. It's not news that you aren't guaranteed to replace quality assets. If anything, the evidence shows he will move on pretty quickly if something isn't working (see Wilks, and a host of player examples).

Hubris.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by GLT49ers:

no it isn't that's just the disappointment talking

We need a real GM with authority
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Just like Harbaugh in 2014, I'm over Kyle. He's taken us as far as he's going to

This season has a very similar feel to it.

Because the players are giving up/drained etc. SB losses tend to do that.

I expected a serious uptick in their intensity this game but didn't see it aside a few players. The chiefs own them.

That to me is the biggest red flag for Kyle. They are sloppy compared to past squads and not nearly as physical.

Thats why I'm thinking his best bet is a roster refresh. They need new blood all over the team and staff.

I said it after the Rams loss - this is very much like 2020 except everyone was younger then and no big contracts. We are on the other end of both of those things now.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Why didn't we get one last hiring cycle?
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't think I'll ever be a "fire Shanahan" guy -- he turned the worst team in the league into a perennial Super Bowl contender -- but he absolutely has to be better too.

It was embarrassing that two guys missed a block on one player. It was embarrassing that we couldn't get a single yard in short yardage all game with our RB. It was laughable that Reid was the only one running screens to counter pressure all game while Kyle left Brock in to get lit up and continue to be inaccurate struggling against the blitz.

I'm not a Kyle hater but his absolute unwillingness to gameplan around pressure is maddening.

There's just zero excuse. I don't know if someone needs to talk to him or what. It's absolutely dumbfounding. It's not like he can see for himself Andy abusing us with screens. I mean WTF will it take?
Originally posted by jreff22:

Why didn't we get one last hiring cycle?

Because Jed won't put Kyle in his place.
Share 49ersWebzone