There are 283 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by captveg:
It's the question this fan base would ask, based on the clown behavior on this forum today.
I thought it was bad the last week, I expect this forum to be a toxic wasteland this next week.

just try to keep perspective, our comp is Arizona, Geno Smith, and an LA team with no receivers.

I'm with you. Funny thing is I remember this time last year exactly was our 3rd straight loss at home to Cincy. It's a bit more bleak cause of losing Aiyuk today, but with the division up for grabs, lots of football left, and players coming back, still hope left. Plus we've seen show before (3-5 in 2021)
Probably as simple as Bell knowing the entire playbook and all the route tree while Cowing only knows some of it.

you have some common sense takes, that's to be applauded after an L
Originally posted by Ark49er:
This is true

Weird take, considering the defense was fine until the 4th quarter when the turnovers gave the Chiefs short fields. 4th quarter was a demoralized defense that knew the offense was giving them nothing all game.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
This is true

Acho is a big Kyle Supporter too.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Probably as simple as Bell knowing the entire playbook and all the route tree while Cowing only knows some of it.

you have some common sense takes, that's to be applauded after an L

But joking aside, I'm here watching Mike Tomlin extend his one score lead...and now is slowly putting the game away up 15pts. All with f'n Russell Wilson in his first game ever with the Steelers coming back from injury.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 20, 2024 at 8:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
But seriously watching Mike Tomlin extend his one score lead...and now is slowly putting the game away up 15pts. All with f'n Russell Wilson in his first game ever with the Steelers coming back from injury. Russell Wilson throwing red zone TDs.

49ers also beat the Jets rather handily. Not the measuring stick that matters, IMO.
The post game press conference is the first time I have seen Kyle Shanahan totally shattered.

He looked like he was a ghost.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
But seriously watching Mike Tomlin extend his one score lead...and now is slowly putting the game away up 15pts. All with f'n Russell Wilson in his first game ever with the Steelers coming back from injury. Russell Wilson throwing red zone TDs.

Russ actually looks good, still dropping moonshots right into WR hands.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
The post game press conference is the first time I have seen Kyle Shanahan totally shattered.

He looked this way in 2020. The injuries are taking their toll on him again. Must be incredibly frustrating to see your talent not on the field, compounded with plays not being executed as practiced.
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 20, 2024 at 8:26 PM ]

I'm with you. Funny thing is I remember this time last year exactly was our 3rd straight loss at home to Cincy. It's a bit more bleak cause of losing Aiyuk today, but with the division up for grabs, lots of football left, and players coming back, still hope left. Plus we've seen show before (3-5 in 2021)

lol this team is worse than the one in 2021
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

lol this team is worse than the one in 2021
With injuries maybe, but Brock is better than Jimmy, and we'll get CMC in 2 weeks.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

He looked this way in 2020. The injuries are taking their toll on him again. Must be incredibly frustrating to see your talent not on the field, compounded with plays not being executed as practiced.

We were lucky last year having all our weapons in the playoffs/Super Bowl... so if he didn't learn his lesson last time, not taking advantage of his opportunity of WINNING a Super Bowl when he was up 10pts... and he did it again, when he's had all his weapons this past Super Bowl. Then boohoo. No sympathy here.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 20, 2024 at 8:31 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/10/20/kurtenbach-another-loss-to-mahomes-the-chiefs-leaves-the-49ers-with-questions-they-dont-look-capable-of-answering/

great article. pretty much sums it up in a nutshell…
I think Kyle will age and look older than his dad Mike by the end of this week.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Oct 20, 2024 at 8:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone