Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Ben Johnson, baby

that guy is so bad

I dunno the people celebrating they were right about Kyle want the guy who *checks notes* choked vs Kyle.

Didn't know he was promoted to Lions HC for the NFCCG.

lol That's rich
pretty funny how exuberant you are after these losses
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
The post game press conference is the first time I have seen Kyle Shanahan totally shattered.

He looked like he was a ghost.

He looked this way in 2020. The injuries are taking their toll on him again. Must be incredibly frustrating to see your talent not on the field, compounded with plays not being executed as practiced.

We were lucky last year having all our weapons in the playoffs/Super Bowl... so if he didn't learn his lesson last time, not taking advantage of his opportunity of WINNING a Super Bowl when he was up 10pts... and he did it again, when he's had all his weapons this past Super Bowl. Then boohoo. No sympathy here.

Greenlaw and Feliciano going down made a big difference in the SB. That's not having all your weapons.

Even with that it was a 3 point game in the end. A 10 point first half lead is nothing in today's NFL. Happens every weekend. Both teams did it in Detroit/Minnesota game today. One of them twice.
We were actually lucky to only lose by 10 points.
Thankfully, nobody on the roster died today #AnyGivenSunday
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
I agree. It's time to move on from both lynch and shanahan

no it isn't that's just the disappointment talking

I admire your staunch support and loyalty but I must disagree. It's time for the Kyle show to come to an end. We need a new approach and new leadership. This team is rudderless.

tbh i was questioning kyle after SB58, which i thought was terrible from HC. but you make that move in offseason. so we ride with Kyle here. the team isn't rudderless or quitting. those are clown takes.
I agree, it needs to be done post season. I would even be ok with offering him another year if he agrees with a change in coaching structure. Hire an offensive coordinator and limit his power when it comes to the draft. Kyle needs help but doesn't want to admit it. I don't think he will go for it but it's worth a shot. This season has been a s**t show with injuries but that's offered him another year opportunity to display his genius. Getting the most of what he has and all I have seen is more of the same. His teams have an amazing ability to find ways to lose. He has not shown he can find a way to win. Can't do it with a loaded roster and can't do it when limited. He continues to make the same mistakes and it's just not working. Lets be honest last year we barely made it out of the playoffs. We got lucky and beat teams that have improved. We have declined. This team that he built is just not on the same level as the packers, Vikings or lions. I don't think we are even better than the Bears or Bucks. Dallas is even. They are in bad shape but have some good players so we will see who is a bigger disappointment next week. Folks who think we are legitimate contenders are just not being honest with themselves.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
The post game press conference is the first time I have seen Kyle Shanahan totally shattered.

He looked this way in 2020. The injuries are taking their toll on him again. Must be incredibly frustrating to see your talent not on the field, compounded with plays not being executed as practiced.

We were lucky last year having all our weapons in the playoffs/Super Bowl... so if he didn't learn his lesson last time, not taking advantage of his opportunity of WINNING a Super Bowl when he was up 10pts... and he did it again, when he's had all his weapons this past Super Bowl. Then boohoo. No sympathy here.

captveg is a Shanahan apologist. Go read all his posts. He will blame everything and the weather before he takes a jab at Kyle.

The reason why Kyle looks like a ghost is because he's out of ideas. It is incredibly frustrating when you can't see the obvious. In his mind he probably thinks he is doing everything right, then how come it's not translating on the field. Whereas any layman can see the mistakes. Don't take the fans word on it. Go listen to sports radio tomorrow. Turn in to NFLN or ESPN or Fox Sports. The pundits will do all the explaining. And I promise, unlike what captveg is trying to sell, it goes beyond "others circumstances fault" such as players not knowing the playbook or missing plays. There's an aura of dejection in Santa Clara. The team has zoned out. They've given up on their coach and his stale leadership.

the most likely scenario is this team will either not make the playoffs or make an early exit. The next most likely scenario is Kyle will do little in the offseason to bring dramatic change to his staff roster. The last most likely scenario is that the team will end up in the same situation this time next year, and that will pretty much be the nail in the coffin for the Kyle Shanahan era in San Francisco.

good riddance. hope he enjoys ruining some other team's next few years…

Greenlaw and Feliciano going down made a big difference in the SB. That's not having all your weapons.

Even with that it was a 3 point game in the end. A 10 point first half lead is nothing in today's NFL. Happens every weekend. Both teams did it in Detroit/Minnesota game today. One of them twice.

I'm talking offense. In the past 3 games against the Chiefs (Two Super Bowls).. we have scored 10 or fewer points in the second half. That's only ONE F'n TD in the second half in each of those games. With all our weapons on offense.

This Kyle has no offensive issues..no Head Coaching issues stance is crazy.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 20, 2024 at 8:46 PM ]

I'm talking offense. In the past 3 games against the Chiefs (Two Super Bowls).. we have scored 10 or fewer points in the second half. That's only ONE F'n TD in the second half in each of those games. With all our weapons on offense.

This Kyle has no offensive issues..no Head Coaching issues stance is crazy.

Reid/Spags are simply better than him until proven otherwise. Parcells/Belichick were simply better than Walsh head-to-head. It happens.
I don't think kyle is going anywhere, for at least 2-3 years. He's buds with jed.
Yes, Jed and Kyle are besties.

They holiday together.

Jed and Kyle are like Blake and Taylor.

They are that close.

Pinky Pals 4 Life.

The so called genius should've put up more points on offense with the real deal at QB. There's no excuses. The defense did their job in the SB.

Reid/Spags are simply better than him until proven otherwise. Parcells/Belichick were simply better than Walsh head-to-head. It happens.

At least Walsh won the SB when he was there
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
The so called genius should've put up more points on offense with the real deal at QB. There's no excuses. The defense did their job in the SB.

He's not good against Reid/Spags. Problem is you don't build to defeat a team from the other conference when you only play them once every four years outside of the SB.

Everyone is wishing for a different looking team next year. Even if they pull out a SB run this year I expect a ton of changes. I'd expect everyone but Brock to be trade eligible, including Warner and Bosa. Not both of course, but I could see moving one of them.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

At least Walsh won the SB when he was there

Yes. At least he did that. Not sure if he would have if Belichick was coaching the defense for the Bengals or the Dolphins, though.
Share 49ersWebzone