There are 263 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

I've said this last year, and I'll repeat it again... Last year was our best chance to win it all. We had home field throughout and were the most healthy we could've been for a Super Bowl. If we didn't win it then it would be even harder to avoid all the stuff usually happens to us such as injuries for us to be back there again and its already happening when we're just half way into the season.

With that being said, I don't think Kyle is going anywhere as long as the team isn't horrible throughout the season and has multiple losing seasons or a 3-14 type season. If the 49ers are doing well and competitive, fans will buy merchandise and tickets to the game and the revenue will keep Jed happy. Kyle has proven to me that he can't beat the HOF coaching Combo of Reid/Spags, but hes better than most coaches out there.
Haven't heard anyone else bring this up...but is Kyle Shanahan losing control of the team?
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

Reid/Spags are simply better than him until proven otherwise. Parcells/Belichick were simply better than Walsh head-to-head. It happens.

At least Walsh won the SB when he was there

Yes. At least he did that. Not sure if he would have if Belichick was coaching the defense for the Bengals or the Dolphins, though.

Even Brady emphasized, a number of times during the telecast how Spags was the bane of his career. Now Spags has the best QB of the past decade on his side and the results are, well, it's obvious
If this season spirals out of control (which it very well might), next season he is going to be on the hot seat.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Even Brady emphasized, a number of times during the telecast how Spags was the bane of his career. Now Spags has the best QB of the past decade on his side and the results are, well, it's obvious

Brady was being generous. he went to 10 SBs and won 7. he won a SB vs Spags also. dominated him. he just notably lost during the 18-1 season. that's what he's referring to by and large.
  • jed_X
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Haven't heard anyone else bring this up...but is Kyle Shanahan losing control of the team?

I feel like he's too much buddy buddy with his players and don't hold them accountable
Yes, Kyle is definitely too buddy buddy with the players

He even holidayed with them in Florida
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

Reid/Spags are simply better than him until proven otherwise. Parcells/Belichick were simply better than Walsh head-to-head. It happens.

At least Walsh won the SB when he was there

Yes. At least he did that. Not sure if he would have if Belichick was coaching the defense for the Bengals or the Dolphins, though.

Kyle Shanahan is 1-9 as an HC against Steve Spagnuolo, Brian Flores, and Jim Schwartz when they have been a DC or HC.. it's not just one team/ coach. These coaches have him figured out and more will follow. He doesn't make adjustments.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
The post game press conference is the first time I have seen Kyle Shanahan totally shattered.

He looked like he was a ghost.

He looked this way in 2020. The injuries are taking their toll on him again. Must be incredibly frustrating to see your talent not on the field, compounded with plays not being executed as practiced.

We were lucky last year having all our weapons in the playoffs/Super Bowl... so if he didn't learn his lesson last time, not taking advantage of his opportunity of WINNING a Super Bowl when he was up 10pts... and he did it again, when he's had all his weapons this past Super Bowl. Then boohoo. No sympathy here.

captveg is a Shanahan apologist. Go read all his posts. He will blame everything and the weather before he takes a jab at Kyle.

The reason why Kyle looks like a ghost is because he's out of ideas. It is incredibly frustrating when you can't see the obvious. In his mind he probably thinks he is doing everything right, then how come it's not translating on the field. Whereas any layman can see the mistakes. Don't take the fans word on it. Go listen to sports radio tomorrow. Turn in to NFLN or ESPN or Fox Sports. The pundits will do all the explaining. And I promise, unlike what captveg is trying to sell, it goes beyond "others circumstances fault" such as players not knowing the playbook or missing plays. There's an aura of dejection in Santa Clara. The team has zoned out. They've given up on their coach and his stale leadership.

the most likely scenario is this team will either not make the playoffs or make an early exit. The next most likely scenario is Kyle will do little in the offseason to bring dramatic change to his staff roster. The last most likely scenario is that the team will end up in the same situation this time next year, and that will pretty much be the nail in the coffin for the Kyle Shanahan era in San Francisco.

good riddance. hope he enjoys ruining some other team's next few years…

Yeah it's a lot of great points in there.

Shanny looks an extra 3 years older after the game. Literally!!

He needs to use the bye week to scheme up some concepts to beat man coverage. Not relying simply on the WR "winning" the route but figuring out some method of getting guys open.
I've never seen a team this bad at beating man to man coverage. My goodness. We got to be the worst in the league. Everyone covered like a blanket. It has to be the formula for every team going forward. What's your move offensive genius?

Kyle has more grey hairs after this game than his dad Mike
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Kyle has more grey hairs after this game than his dad Mike

I'm convinced Mike ran the offense like a shadow Head Coach last year and just couldn't do it this year do to poor health. Why else would play calling become so predictable?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I've never seen a team this bad at beating man to man coverage. My goodness. We got to be the worst in the league. Everyone covered like a blanket. It has to be the formula for every team going forward. What's your move offensive genius?

Yeah the lack of concepts to beat man coverage from our genius is mind boggling
Share 49ersWebzone