Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 387 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Jcool:
One of the best coaches in football and you laugh at him winning a Super Bowl? That is certainly a choice...

Let me know when he wins a SB before calling him one of the best coaches in football. Whole hell of a lot of assuming
Originally posted by derrickt:
Lecturing Brock in the locker room after the loss in front of teammates and reporter was pretty shameful on Kyle's party. Man knows people are watching.

lol yeah okay Grant. Not talking to Brock and pretending everything was magical yesterday would have been a bigger problem.
The Eagles were in a similar situation with Andy Reid. He kept them good for years, but they could never get over the hump, so they fired him and signed Chip Kelly. And are now on their 3rd coach after Kelly.

Now they are looking back like WTF did we do that?
[ Edited by IrishCrnjo on Oct 21, 2024 at 7:55 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
lol yeah okay Grant. Not talking to Brock and pretending everything was magical yesterday would have been a bigger problem.

I listened to 4 different people that were there in the locker room and more than 2 of them thought it was weird that it was done in front of the team and reporters. They said it felt staged by Kyle. It's not weird that it happened, of course he's gonna dress down his QB. It's that he did it in front of everyone and the press.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

I listened to 4 different people that were there in the locker room and more than 2 of them thought it was weird that it was done in front of the team and reporters. They said it felt staged by Kyle. It's not weird that it happened, of course he's gonna dress down his QB. It's that he did it in front of everyone and the press.

Shanahan can't acknowledge that the league has found out his offense, and he will continue to throw the team under the bus until they fire him.
I have no problems with the play calling yesterday. They were playing without 4 of their top play makers so they did what they could. Aiyuk dropped one of the few good passes Brock made in the 1st half. Then Brock under threw Cowing on what would have been a TD but he had to slow up to wait for the ball. The Niners just played poorly overall.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
The Eagles were in a similar situation with Andy Reid. He kept them good for years, but they could never get over the hump, so they fired him and signed Chip Kelly. And are now on their 3rd coach after Kelly.

If you want to complete the story they've won a Super Bowl since getting rid of Andy Reid

One of those 3 coaches won a SB though
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
This. They canned Harbs after going 8-8. He never had a losing season here. Harbs would have eventually got a ring for us I have no doubt in my mind.

Hahaha no he wouldn't have. He was losing all his vets and developed next to no one.

3 yrs of bad drafting, he left this team in a wasteland of s**t.

Baalke did the drafting in spite of what Harbs was wanting. It was one of the main reasons he burned his way out of town. He's since won a national championship as people didn't expect him to do much going back to college and has re landed on a team already set at QB, I bet he goes further than Kyle this season.

They also won their first super bowl since firing Reid, so I guess It wasn't all bad for them.

The only accurate statement concerning Kyle and Reid is Kyle is Reid's b***h lol
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
The only accurate statement concerning Kyle and Reid is Kyle is Reid's b***h lol

yeah, Spags has ownage on kyle. three peat is real it will take a great effort to beat that D and Mahomes.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I never really expected us to beat the Chiefs anyway Tbh, but to play as sloppy as we did yesterday was quite comical.

From seeing two OL trying to block one guy and completely whiffing, Mahomes trucking Mustapha, Mahomes embarrassing Warner and the rest of the defense on that long run was Infuriating to watch. Then you had Brock doing his best Impression of Jimmy G.

It honestly feels like Kyle Is struggling to get this team fired up for game day right now.

With how weak our division Is, I'd still be surprised if we're not winners come end of the season.

I'm thinking the same way as you on this team. It's probably mostly injuries, but it also seems like Kyle might be losing this team after so many years being here. Andy Reid had run his course in Phily so is it possible that Kyle is on the verge of doing the same here in SF? Maybe. I think the injuries could be a blessing in disguise because it allows these rookies everyone's been talking up to get a shot and it could rejuvenate the team. Missing all of these starters also reveals if Kyle has any answers and if Brock can overcome in the way Mahomes does. This team feels like the past their prime window Buffalo Bills at this point. I would not pick them to beat any of the top teams in the NFC. Detroit would destroy us at this point. It's possible the Commanders would as well.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
I'm thinking the same way as you on this team. It's probably mostly injuries, but it also seems like Kyle might be losing this team after so many years being here. Andy Reid had run his course in Phily so is it possible that Kyle is on the verge of doing the same here in SF? Maybe. I think the injuries could be a blessing in disguise because it allows these rookies everyone's been talking up to get a shot and it could rejuvenate the team. Missing all of these starters also reveals if Kyle has any answers and if Brock can overcome in the way Mahomes does. This team feels like the past their prime window Buffalo Bills at this point. I would not pick them to beat any of the top teams in the NFC. Detroit would destroy us at this point. It's possible the Commanders would as well.

i hate the 'injuries' narrative. LA beat us, they didn't have Kupp or Puka. We played KC they didn't have their RB1, their WR1, or WR2. everyone has injuries.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

yeah, Spags has ownage on kyle. three peat is real it will take a great effort to beat that D and Mahomes.

Boils my blood, but the NFL also wants it. $$$$$$. The chiefs are a great team and you have to know the refs favor them too.
Share 49ersWebzone