There are 357 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
I'm thinking the same way as you on this team. It's probably mostly injuries, but it also seems like Kyle might be losing this team after so many years being here. Andy Reid had run his course in Phily so is it possible that Kyle is on the verge of doing the same here in SF? Maybe. I think the injuries could be a blessing in disguise because it allows these rookies everyone's been talking up to get a shot and it could rejuvenate the team. Missing all of these starters also reveals if Kyle has any answers and if Brock can overcome in the way Mahomes does. This team feels like the past their prime window Buffalo Bills at this point. I would not pick them to beat any of the top teams in the NFC. Detroit would destroy us at this point. It's possible the Commanders would as well.

i hate the 'injuries' narrative. LA beat us, they didn't have Kupp or Puka. We played KC they didn't have their RB1, their WR1, or WR2. everyone has injuries.

We just can't overcome injuries...that's a HC issue
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
The only accurate statement concerning Kyle and Reid is Kyle is Reid's b***h lol

yeah, Spags has ownage on kyle. three peat is real it will take a great effort to beat that D and Mahomes.

Boils my blood, but the NFL also wants it. $$$$$$. The chiefs are a great team and you have to know the refs favor them too.

oh bs, we just flat sucked. they beat us. it's not the refs. let's cut the excuses.
i think shanny's window is closing fast in SF, this is very similar to andy reid's ending with the eagles
The only accurate statement concerning Kyle and Reid is Kyle is Reid's b***h lol

yeah, Spags has ownage on kyle. three peat is real it will take a great effort to beat that D and Mahomes.

Boils my blood, but the NFL also wants it. $$$$$$. The chiefs are a great team and you have to know the refs favor them too.

oh bs, we just flat sucked. they beat us. it's not the refs. let's cut the excuses.

Sorry I wasn't making excuses. They 100% beat us. I meant that is a factor as well and the NFL will help them along the way. Not an excuse as much a reality. Like Brady said, in every game we play them. The opportunity is there for us to win the 4th. We don't take advantage of it, they do.
Originally posted by jcs:
I'm thinking the same way as you on this team. It's probably mostly injuries, but it also seems like Kyle might be losing this team after so many years being here. Andy Reid had run his course in Phily so is it possible that Kyle is on the verge of doing the same here in SF? Maybe. I think the injuries could be a blessing in disguise because it allows these rookies everyone's been talking up to get a shot and it could rejuvenate the team. Missing all of these starters also reveals if Kyle has any answers and if Brock can overcome in the way Mahomes does. This team feels like the past their prime window Buffalo Bills at this point. I would not pick them to beat any of the top teams in the NFC. Detroit would destroy us at this point. It's possible the Commanders would as well.

i hate the 'injuries' narrative. LA beat us, they didn't have Kupp or Puka. We played KC they didn't have their RB1, their WR1, or WR2. everyone has injuries.

Here's a question:

What is it about this offense that gets everyone hurt every year?

I think this is true, but I feel its true because the o-line sucks. Defenses have adjusted to his offense with great success (more man and ignoring the traditional zones etc) they are all doing it against us. I think the combination of all this shows why we need a talented o line. Scheme can only get you so far. He cannot adjust because the talent along the line cannot handle it.
that was kyle's gameplan with 10 DAYS TO PLAN. And I actually heard someone on 95.7 stick up for kyle's vanilla gameplan by saying he showed that he may not trust his QB as much as people think. We aren't really gonna go back to "the coach doesn't trust his QB so he can't run what he wants" are we?

As the season goes on, it'll be interesting to see who gets thrown under the bus, the 8th year coach who has failed in every big game he's been in or the young QB who up to now has been the golden boy and is moving toward a huge payday. Whose gonna win that PR war?

Whose team is it? Brocks or Kyles. Up to now its been Kyles. It should be the franchise QB's team.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Oct 21, 2024 at 8:32 AM ]

I think this is true, but I feel its true because the o-line sucks. Defenses have adjusted to his offense with great success (more man and ignoring the traditional zones etc) they are all doing it against us. I think the combination of all this shows why we need a talented o line. Scheme can only get you so far. He cannot adjust because the talent along the line cannot handle it.

The O line actually held up pretty well yesterday. Purdy was only sacked once and wasn't running for his life all day. The Niners couldn't run against them but no team does. They did a good job keeping Jones out of the backfield.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
that was kyle's gameplan with 10 DAYS TO PLAN. And I actually heard someone on 95.7 stick up for kyle's vanilla gameplan by saying he showed that he may not trust his QB as much as people think. We aren't really gonna go back to "the coach doesn't trust his QB so he can't run what he wants" are we?

As the season goes on, it'll be interesting to see who gets thrown under the bus, the 8th year coach who has failed in every big game he's been in or the young QB who up to now has been the golden boy and is moving toward a huge payday. Whose gonna win that PR war?

amen, that's a tired narrative. he hand picks the QBs and has for a long time.
KC took our soul In the super bowl 😭. You got to think, losing a super bowl In OT Is taking It's toll on the players and coaches.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

The O line actually held up pretty well yesterday. Purdy was only sacked once and wasn't running for his life all day. The Niners couldn't run against them but no team does. They did a good job keeping Jones out of the backfield.

While I would say they did OK considering the opponent they were still pretty bad and did not come up big when necessary. As Brady mentioned. Purdy had a clean pocket on one play, but underthrew because he sped up his delivery expecting pressure sooner..... they are ruining him.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
This. They canned Harbs after going 8-8. He never had a losing season here. Harbs would have eventually got a ring for us I have no doubt in my mind.

Hahaha no he wouldn't have. He was losing all his vets and developed next to no one.

3 yrs of bad drafting, he left this team in a wasteland of s**t.

Kyle has also been awful at drafting and, in Harbs defense, he never made a deal like the Trey Lance trade-up (which is biting us in the ass now).
Originally posted by Sickaa:
KC took our soul In the super bowl 😭. You got to think, losing a super bowl In OT Is taking It's toll on the players and coaches.

my idea in the offseason is you kick tires on Belichick. that would have dramatically changed a pretty stale culture. we have a good culture, but it's been the same prax, the same road trips, the same voice, for a long time now. Bill would have shaken things up, not just business as usual. he also would have the D playing much better imo. but that ship has sailed it seems. maybe they can beg him to come in as a DC / asst HC. he can actually match wits with Spags and Reid.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Here's a question:

What is it about this offense that gets everyone hurt every year?

Question, are other teams running this offense experiencing injuries comparable to us? I always joked its the field, but who knows.

I have been saying this for years and still no change NC got sick of explaining it and left the zone. We have folks that think we can win like this. It has been successful in getting us close but to win it all need to have a better oline.
Share 49ersWebzone