There are 459 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shanahan has his Coach of the Year opportunity now if he can turn this around.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
KC took our soul In the super bowl 😭. You got to think, losing a super bowl In OT Is taking It's toll on the players and coaches.

my idea in the offseason is you kick tires on Belichick. that would have dramatically changed a pretty stale culture. we have a good culture, but it's been the same prax, the same road trips, the same voice, for a long time now. Bill would have shaken things up, not just business as usual. he also would have the D playing much better imo. but that ship has sailed it seems. maybe they can beg him to come in as a DC / asst HC. he can actually match wits with Spags and Reid.

I cannot see Belicheck having a conversation with Jed, but maybe I am wrong.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
While I would say they did OK considering the opponent they were still pretty bad and did not come up big when necessary. As Brady mentioned. Purdy had a clean pocket on one play, but underthrew because he sped up his delivery expecting pressure sooner..... they are ruining him.

I really think there is something to this. If people remember when Jimmy G first got here he didn't know any plays and he was playing off the cuff football. He looked completly different the next season and got progressively worse. Kyle does not coach to his players strengths. He forces his players to conform to his scheme.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Here's a question:

What is it about this offense that gets everyone hurt every year?

every team is hurt. KC had no RB1, no WR1, and no WR2.
KC took our soul In the super bowl 😭. You got to think, losing a super bowl In OT Is taking It's toll on the players and coaches.

my idea in the offseason is you kick tires on Belichick. that would have dramatically changed a pretty stale culture. we have a good culture, but it's been the same prax, the same road trips, the same voice, for a long time now. Bill would have shaken things up, not just business as usual. he also would have the D playing much better imo. but that ship has sailed it seems. maybe they can beg him to come in as a DC / asst HC. he can actually match wits with Spags and Reid.

I think the year for belichick would have been last season. That ship has sailed. Our window has closed.

Bill is not coming in as some asst. lol.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

I think the year for belichick would have been last season. That ship has sailed. Our window has closed.

Belichick, Kyle, or whomever....I think truthfully we are facing a large roster change this offseason, albeit around a solid core (nothing like 17). Kyle did it once so maybe he can do it again?
Someone mentioned this on KNBR this morning. We rarely see screen passes in Kyles offense. Part of it is not having CMC but the Niners haven't been good at them for several years. It also seems they could throw short passes over the middle to Juice when the other team is playing man coverage. Just a couple of small things that might help keep the offense moving.
Originally posted by hummbabybear_1:

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

coach of the year for sucking so hard? then getting out of the hole you created? what on earth?

Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Originally posted by BP13:
I'm with you. Funny thing is I remember this time last year exactly was our 3rd straight loss at home to Cincy. It's a bit more bleak cause of losing Aiyuk today, but with the division up for grabs, lots of football left, and players coming back, still hope left. Plus we've seen show before (3-5 in 2021)

lol this team is worse than the one in 2021

I think what's different is coming off a 2nd SB loss and then follow it up with a regular season loss to KC...how are you not completely demoralized? Plus guys like Deebo and BA were playing for big contracts. Bosa too. This 3-4 maybe 3-5 record feels different. Very bleak and moody. Plus we don't even have Moody. Kyle seems gassed. How long until he or John says F it in taking a year off and will coach elsewhere

My main issue with Shanny is that he doesn't lean on his rookies nearly enough. The fact that Cowing hasn't been involved at all until yesterday is frustrating. You picked all of these dudes in the draft for a reason. Use them.

This team needs to get younger and hungrier. He's got to slowly move on from that 2019-2023 core.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 21, 2024 at 9:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
My main issue with Shanny is that he doesn't lean on his rookies nearly enough. The fact that Cowing hasn't been involved at all until yesterday is frustrating. You picked all of these dudes in the draft for a reason. Use them.

What we don't know is how well they look in practice or how well they know the playbook. Both Cowing and Pearsall were picked with an eye to next year when Deebo or Aiyuk will be gone. Now they're being forced to play. The Chiefs play Worthy because they have no WRs and he's really fast. Even with that speed he wasn't getting wide open all day. The Niners did a decent job covering him.
He needs to be fired. Completely over matched and out coached in all the big games. 3 - 4 record with a super team. 0 - 5 vs Andy Reid. 0 - 3 in the Super Bowl with leads. For sure he needs a strong GM to take power away from him at a minimum. Messes up all the drafts, FA, over paying certain players. You just can't get it done with this. Time to go and for us to move on.

Share 49ersWebzone