There are 519 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Silky:
This is crazy talk. Harbaugh never got a chance to strip the team and start over. He had great success with a core of players he inherited and almost won the SB. I thought that firing was stupid. Let him reload, draft his type of guys, move on from Kaepernick, and begin again. Same with Kyle and John. Let them start over and somehow purge some of these contracts. There's such a high chance of not hitting on the next coach it's crazy

I don't think Harbaugh's ego would've allowed him to move on from Kaepernick. Kap was his hand-picked guy and he finally got his perfect excuse to replace Alex Smith as the starter in 2012. Harbaugh moving on from Kaepernick would've been an admission that he really isn't the QB whisperer many consider him to be.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He needs to be fired. Completely over matched and out coached in all the big games. 3 - 4 record with a super team. 0 - 5 vs Andy Reid. 0 - 3 in the Super Bowl with leads. For sure he needs a strong GM to take power away from him at a minimum. Messes up all the drafts, FA, over paying certain players. You just can't get it done with this. Time to go and for us to move on.

i still see us hosting a playoff game.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by hummbabybear_1:
Shanahan has his Coach of the Year opportunity now if he can turn this around.

coach of the year for sucking so hard? then getting out of the hole you created? what on earth?

Only if we go to the SB against KC AND WIN.

Lets hear your reasoning.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by hummbabybear_1:
Shanahan has his Coach of the Year opportunity now if he can turn this around.

coach of the year for sucking so hard? then getting out of the hole you created? what on earth?

Only if we go to the SB against KC AND WIN.

that's not happening. we would need Deion, Ricky Jackson, Dent, Toi Cook, Ken Norton to all show up. we need someone to knock KC off. maybe Bills.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

Geno Smith is in first place
He needs to be fired. Completely over matched and out coached in all the big games. 3 - 4 record with a super team. 0 - 5 vs Andy Reid. 0 - 3 in the Super Bowl with leads. For sure he needs a strong GM to take power away from him at a minimum. Messes up all the drafts, FA, over paying certain players. You just can't get it done with this. Time to go and for us to move on.

I don't think we will. We are 14th right now in draft position. If we keep losing I think we can get into the top 10. I don't want these guys picking it either. Because they will pick another WR. While ignoring our real needs.
I don't think we will. We are 14th right now in draft position. If we keep losing I think we can get into the top 10. I don't want these guys picking it either. Because they will pick another WR. While ignoring our real needs.

draft position is stupid. just another Crabtree, or Kinlaw, or Lance. Solomon Thomas. if draft position was good, teams that lose every year would be better. KC doesn't get draft position, but they get Worthy, Bolton, Karlaftis, McDuffie, Mahomes, and so on.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

Geno Smith is in first place

Meh. You're pinning our hopes on other teams sucking rather than ours transforming into a viable contender. Sure we win the division and host a WC match. Against who ? Detroit ? Minnesota ? GB ? We'll be overmatched and likely curb stomped into oblivion. And no, I don't believe in any given Sunday. And no, I don't believe Kyle has a bag of tricks and a different scheme he's saving for the playoffs.

lets just call a spade a spade. This team blows. Their window closed in OT February 2024. Time for a mini rebuild. The argument here is whether Kyle continues to hold the keys or do we find another driver. I think it's time to move on because there's a good chance we're in the same spot this time next year and there really doesn't seem to be to many options available that far down the road.

draft position is stupid. just another Crabtree, or Kinlaw, or Lance. Solomon Thomas. if draft position was good, teams that lose every year would be better. KC doesn't get draft position, but they get Worthy, Bolton, Karlaftis, McDuffie, Mahomes, and so on.

If we can fix some of OT, DT, CB, S, LB, C that is worth it. This team isn't going anywhere. I would like to see our own Penei Sewell or Quinnen Williams.

Shanahan has lost his mind and honestly he is too rich with power for his stupidity. It's over.
Just can't win the big game.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Meh. You're pinning our hopes on other teams sucking rather than ours transforming into a viable contender. Sure we win the division and host a WC match. Against who ? Detroit ? Minnesota ? GB ? We'll be overmatched and likely curb stomped into oblivion. And no, I don't believe in any given Sunday. And no, I don't believe Kyle has a bag of tricks and a different scheme he's saving for the playoffs.

lets just call a spade a spade. This team blows. Their window closed in OT February 2024. Time for a mini rebuild. The argument here is whether Kyle continues to hold the keys or do we find another driver. I think it's time to move on because there's a good chance we're in the same spot this time next year and there really doesn't seem to be to many options available that far down the road.

Detroit has Goff a statue, we already beat those guys. We beat GB also. Minny has Darnold and he's pretty good, but not unbeatable. come off it. he was our QB2, we can't beat him? then you have Baker, these rookies, Stafford. NFC is weak.

Imagine it's January, we host a playoff game, and CMC is healthy with Warner and Bosa. no one would want to face us other than KC.

Detroit has Goff a statue, we already beat those guys. We beat GB also. Minny has Darnold and he's pretty good, but not unbeatable. come off it. he was our QB2, we can't beat him? then you have Baker, these rookies, Stafford. NFC is weak.

Imagine it's January, we host a playoff game, and CMC is healthy with Warner and Bosa. no one would want to face us other than KC.

We barely beat both of those teams in prime. Yes a win and advance is a win and advance. But this team is not last years team and it may improve but who knows.

I love the optimism but we only have today's record to look at and this team would not beat either of those teams in the playoffs.

Maybe things change in a month. I'm all in but to dismiss these other up and comers is a mistake and one of those up and comers maybe in our own division.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Oct 21, 2024 at 10:13 AM ]

No reason to even try to bring common sense to the discussion. Especially when you are replying to drell
Share 49ersWebzone