There are 305 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Shanahan has lost his mind and honestly he is too rich with power for his stupidity. It's over.

That's a good way of describing it.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
We rehash these things week in and week out, but it's obvious to me Kyle is drained, as well as the players. He needs to clean out his staff and bring in new blood. Our DC and ST coordinators suck. He needs more help to do his job so he needs to self check whatever processes they have in place and try new things.

I think he should fire the DC during the bye and let someone else take a crack. Accountability is a two way street.

Truth right here
Originally posted by PatandBow:
We rehash these things week in and week out, but it's obvious to me Kyle is drained, as well as the players. He needs to clean out his staff and bring in new blood. Our DC and ST coordinators suck. He needs more help to do his job so he needs to self check whatever processes they have in place and try new things.

I think he should fire the DC during the bye and let someone else take a crack. Accountability is a two way street.

Truth right here

you don't change this stuff midseason. you ride with what you got. a game out of first and we are cleaning out the staff? please.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Truth right here

you don't change this stuff midseason. you ride with what you got. a game out of first and we are cleaning out the staff? please.

I meant ST. But yeah imo the ST has been bad enough to fire that coordinator.

I agree, that very reactionary imo. This team is so banged up right now. They gonna make Staley the DC and change everything around after a couple weeks? Nah

Kyle does look drained and this was a poorly coached game top to bottom. If they can beat Dallas and go into the bye .500 that's not the end of the world.

this isn't a SB contender at all right now though. We don't have any elite play happening from really any player right now.
Ask yourself this, if Andy Reid had the 49ers personnel running his offense, would he have struggled yesterday?

Truth right here

I meant ST. But yeah imo the ST has been bad enough to fire that coordinator.
ST coordinator should have been gone weeks ago. But I also wonder how much of that is also on the players.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He needs to be fired. Completely over matched and out coached in all the big games. 3 - 4 record with a super team. 0 - 5 vs Andy Reid. 0 - 3 in the Super Bowl with leads. For sure he needs a strong GM to take power away from him at a minimum. Messes up all the drafts, FA, over paying certain players. You just can't get it done with this. Time to go and for us to move on.

Truth 100% agree
He needs to be fired. Completely over matched and out coached in all the big games. 3 - 4 record with a super team. 0 - 5 vs Andy Reid. 0 - 3 in the Super Bowl with leads. For sure he needs a strong GM to take power away from him at a minimum. Messes up all the drafts, FA, over paying certain players. You just can't get it done with this. Time to go and for us to move on.

Truth 100% agree

This fanbase deserves another decade of Tomsula/Chip Kelly, and fortunately, that's exactly what you guys are going to get if Shanny gets fired.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Ask yourself this, if Andy Reid had the 49ers personnel running his offense, would he have struggled yesterday?

Andy Reid isn't available to hire, so that's a pointless question.

There's not an available HC candidate out there that is some slam dunk guarantee of anything, IMO.

Truth 100% agree

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I agree, that very reactionary imo. This team is so banged up right now. They gonna make Staley the DC and change everything around after a couple weeks? Nah

Kyle does look drained and this was a poorly coached game top to bottom. If they can beat Dallas and go into the bye .500 that's not the end of the world.

this isn't a SB contender at all right now though. We don't have any elite play happening from really any player right now.

I agree that this probably isn't going to be a SB year. Maybe not even a playoff team. I'm okay with that. Maybe the team can get rejuvenated and the front office will make a couple of bold moves if they miss the playoffs.

It was just a couple months ago that we were looking forward to the season. Brock coming in with a full off season of preparation. A couple of new receivers with speed. A rebuilt D line. Then it started coming apart in training camp. Aiyuk and Williams holding out. CMC not being able to play. Pearsall getting shot. Then Hargrave gets injured and is lost for the year. Now Aiyuk is probably out for the year.

Just not our year. Even if they get things together I can't see them getting by Detroit or the Vikings to advance to the SB.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Truth 100% agree

This fanbase deserves another decade of Tomsula/Chip Kelly, and fortunately, that's exactly what you guys are going to get if Shanny gets fired.

The fire Shanahan crowd are walking right into the trap of 2015 and celebrating it.

5-12 seasons for a decade post-Shanahan is frankly what we deserve.

Truth right here

Are you watching the same Garbage that I watch?
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:

Vs Spags and his defense? Without Mahomes? Yes…yes he would have.
Share 49ersWebzone