LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 267 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Longest current tenured head coach without a SB win...
Originally posted by mitpdub:
"Super Bowl or Bust" - Jed York

but that is how the Niners should be judged.

Losing and dysfunction is what the York norm is. It's wild to me that people clamor for a return to that.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 21, 2024 at 11:26 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Seriously.

The Yorks lucked into hiring Shanahan after the Broncos' decided not to hire him. The Yorks wanted Josh McDaniels, who lucky for them turned them down at the last minute. They were left scrambling and had to convince Shanahan to take the job. Did you guys forget about the Jed York and Paraag Marathe PowerPoint presentation to convince Kyle Shanahan to take the job? Did people forget the stigma this organization had after the Harbuagh debacle? The 49ers would probably be looking for their 2nd or 3rd HC right now after firing Josh McDaniels.

All of you troglodytes need to put your heads out of your asses and remember what this organization was like before Shanahan got here.

let's not mischaracterize it as a 'decade' when it was two years, right? harbs, two lost years, then kyle. and in those lost years you lay a bit of foundation. we got buck and AA.

What owner doesn't say the goal is to win the SB? I don't think I've ever heard an owner just say, meh dgaf.

Losing and dysfunction is what the York norm. It's wild to me that people clamor for a return to that.

Well....Jed is the one constant, but to his credit he took a backseat the last 7 years and seems to have an honest relationship with Kyle and John. Hopefully he squeezes them a bit so they change for the better otherwise why should we expect different results? right?
Seriously.

The Yorks lucked into hiring Shanahan after the Broncos' decided not to hire him. The Yorks wanted Josh McDaniels, who lucky for them turned them down at the last minute. They were left scrambling and had to convince Shanahan to take the job. Did you guys forget about the Jed York and Paraag Marathe PowerPoint presentation to convince Kyle Shanahan to take the job? Did people forget the stigma and stench lingering around this organization after the Harbaugh debacle? Nobody serious wanted to work here. The 49ers would probably be looking for their 2nd or 3rd HC right now after firing Josh McDaniels. That's exactly the type of hire this fanbase will get if they fire Shanahan and deservedly so.

Some of you need to put your heads out of your asses and remember what this organization was like before Shanahan got here. Losing and dysfunction are the York norm. This isn't your uncle Eddie's team from 40 f**king years ago.

I'm old enough to remember when everyone in here wanted Adam Gase or Hue Jackson lol.

People want to be KC, but there's only one Mahomes to be had. Only one Reid to go with him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Without Kyle we're doomed.

We are doomed with him. We can win without him.
That's not what I heard.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Seriously.

The Yorks lucked into hiring Shanahan after the Broncos' decided not to hire him. The Yorks wanted Josh McDaniels, who lucky for them turned them down at the last minute. They were left scrambling and had to convince Shanahan to take the job. Did you guys forget about the Jed York and Paraag Marathe PowerPoint presentation to convince Kyle Shanahan to take the job? Did people forget the stigma and stench lingering around this organization after the Harbaugh debacle? Nobody serious wanted to work here. The 49ers would probably be looking for their 2nd or 3rd HC right now after firing Josh McDaniels. That's exactly the type of hire this fanbase will get if they fire Shanahan and deservedly so.

Some of you need to put your heads out of your asses and remember what this organization was like before Shanahan got here. Losing and dysfunction are the York norm. This isn't your uncle Eddie's team from 40 f**king years ago.

I'm old enough to remember when everyone in here wanted Adam Gase or Hue Jackson lol.

People want to be KC, but there's only one Mahomes to be had. Only one Reid to go with him.

I understand and you know my position, but there are 31 other franchises in the NFL and many of them are doing fairly well and none of them are being run by Kyle.
This fanbase deserves another decade of Tomsula/Chip Kelly, and fortunately, that's exactly what you guys are going to get if Shanny gets fired.

They act like great HCs grow on trees lol.

Seriously.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
i like Kyle, but this is a soft argument imo. Cuz we moved off of Harbs and we got Kyle in time. probably no Kyle if we ride Harbs a long time. we quickly moved off Tomsula and Kelly. that was not a 'decade' lol. get real.

All of you braindead troglodytes need to put your heads out of your asses and remember what this organization was like before Shanahan got here. This isn't your uncle Eddie's team from 40 f**king years ago.

Fear based garbage grounded in the theory that 1. Kyle is the only coach capable of winning for San Francisco and 2. Moving on from him will result in the hire of horrible coaches. This is a losing mentality that will enable more nfc teams to surpass us. Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota Tampa Bay are already ahead of us. Seattle is knocking on the door. The Cards are not far behind. Dallas is a running game away. We lost to the rams. I think we lose again if they are fully healthy.. stop acting like Kyle built a dynasty. This team is getting older, slower and less disciplined. Kyle had his opportunity and it's not working. This year will end very badly. Losing record and slim hope of 1 playoff game. Next Year will likely be the same. Come sell me your b******t then. I doubt you will be peddling this crap argument then…. We shall see.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Fear based garbage grounded in the theory that 1. Kyle is the only coach capable of winning for San Francisco and 2. Moving on from him will result in the hire of horrible coaches. This is a losing mentality that will enable more nfc teams to surpass us. Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota Tampa Bay are already ahead of us. Seattle is knocking on the door. The Cards are not far behind. Dallas is a running game away. We lost to the rams. I think we lose again if they are fully healthy.. stop acting like Kyle built a dynasty. This team is getting older, slower and less disciplined. Kyle had his opportunity and it's not working. This year will end very badly. Losing record and slim hope of 1 playoff game. Next Year will likely be the same. Come sell me your b******t then. I doubt you will be peddling this crap argument then…. We shall see.

you lost me at Seattle is knocking on the door. not sold. now we do seem to be getting worse, not better. and the impending QB payday may spell the end of a certain window.
Seriously.

Yet we have every shot in the world to beat them in 2 Super Bowls and flat out choked....
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Oct 21, 2024 at 11:34 AM ]

Seriously.

Shanahan has made Reid and Mahomes what they are today by failing in two Super Bowls.

Marv Levy lost four straight Super Bowls and turned Jimmy Johnson into an unjustified legend. Same s**t is happening here except the wheels are falling off now and not after the fourth Super Bowl loss.
[ Edited by redrathman on Oct 21, 2024 at 11:36 AM ]
I do agree that Kyle has run his course. He has lost 3x in the Super Bowl, he seems to be regressing in his play calling. He has a track recording of losing leads. He had his chances.
Originally posted by 8080849ers:
I do agree that Kyle has run his course. He has lost 3x in the Super Bowl, he seems to be regressing in his play calling. He has a track recording of losing leads. He had his chances.

Yup fire him

Losing and dysfunction is what the York norm is. It's wild to me that people clamor for a return to that.

People act like stability is a bad thing. They will praise Tomlin and John Harbs all day. Those guys having won a SB in 12-15 years….but they're competitive, win games and for John has always been in a spot where they at least have a chance to make it to the SB every yr (Tomlin not so much).

that's what we have here currently and people have a problem with that….and FYI those f**kers aren't beating KC either lol.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 8080849ers:

Yup fire him

you gotta say your line after the l's. anyone can love the coach after a w.
Share 49ersWebzone