There are 473 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
he's good he's just not on the KC level

No one is.

This offense didn't just suddenly fall off the cliff. There has been a gradual change from "taking advantage of what the defense gives" to forcing plays and schemes that opponents have scouted and come up with ways to shut them down. Kyle saw Purdy's willingness to push the ball down the field and went all-in on that approach, giving up the PA and trick plays that had been a hallmark of what made the offense so good last year.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by floridaMan:
I wonder if they could get Belichick in the building.. Not so much as a HC replacement, but maybe in like a consultant role or assistant coach, or something similar. Belichick has a lot of experience getting to that winning culture.

edit - not saying the team doesn't have a culture of winning or a solid core in place in the locker room, they just need some help getting past the KC teams in the league.

He tried and he doesn't want to work with Kyle.

What a creative reimagining of what happened. Clearly this is true. Fire SHANAHAN

This is true. I've been advocating this for a long time. A golden opportunity to hire the GOAT. A legend.
I'm hearing people constantly say: "Who would you replace him with"?! You give them the answer. They're not listening.
Oh, well. Jed has ZERO imagination. No moxie. At all.
Originally posted by dj43:

No one is.

This offense didn't just suddenly fall off the cliff. There has been a gradual change from "taking advantage of what the defense gives" to forcing plays and schemes that opponents have scouted and come up with ways to shut them down. Kyle saw Purdy's willingness to push the ball down the field and went all-in on that approach, giving up the PA and trick plays that had been a hallmark of what made the offense so good last year.

I think this off season will be a real test for Kyle. As we've seen defenses have found ways to slow the offense down by taking away the middle of the field. It's a cat and mouse game. Offenses do something innovative and defenses find ways to counter it. That makes offenses find another way to move the ball. If Kyle is the offensive mind people say he is he'll come up with some new wrinkles.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by floridaMan:
I wonder if they could get Belichick in the building.. Not so much as a HC replacement, but maybe in like a consultant role or assistant coach, or something similar. Belichick has a lot of experience getting to that winning culture.

edit - not saying the team doesn't have a culture of winning or a solid core in place in the locker room, they just need some help getting past the KC teams in the league.

He tried and he doesn't want to work with Kyle.

What a creative reimagining of what happened. Clearly this is true. Fire SHANAHAN

This is true. I've been advocating this for a long time. A golden opportunity to hire the GOAT. A legend.
I'm hearing people constantly say: "Who would you replace him with"?! You give them the answer. They're not listening.
Oh, well. Jed has ZERO imagination. No moxie. At all.

Do you think Bill would take this job? lol 😂
  • NFL live talking about how Kyle can't beat man to man defense and they are right. Kyle is overrated
Wait, what?? I still believe in Kyle but gawddamn

No one is.

So youre saying Kyle sucks?
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
BB would never lower himself to work for such a perennial loser.

No one is.

You can definetely see the change. We're pushing the ball downfield more but we can't because this O-line stinks. They're the absolute worst and picking up the blitz. Otherwise Purdy hits Kittle or Cowing for six instead of being underthrown. Same problem with the red zone INT. Held the ball a little too long and McKivits got beat.
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
  • NFL live talking about how Kyle can't beat man to man defense and they are right. Kyle is overrated

When even NFL Live can point out what's wrong with your offense then you know you have a problem. The 49ers just aren't coached well on offense this year, period. KS can't play the blame game and point to his players (like he always does).

KS needs to use the bye week to come up with a set of plays to beat teams who are primarily running man to man (picks, screens, rub routes, etc). We have NONE of these in the playbook. There's tons of other changes. It seems we never use a no huddle offense. It also seems we don't ever run the ball out of shotgun which is a problem because we always try to do play action from shotgun. I don't know what the fixes are but whatever we are trying is not working. The offense hasn't really been in rhythm since before the Ravens game. Even the game after against Washington we didn't play that well.

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Make Kyle pass without the threat of his run game and you've won
Originally posted by Leathaface:
When even NFL Live can point out what's wrong with your offense then you know you have a problem. The 49ers just aren't coached well on offense this year, period. KS can't play the blame game and point to his players (like he always does).

KS needs to use the bye week to come up with a set of plays to beat teams who are primarily running man to man (picks, screens, rub routes, etc). We have NONE of these in the playbook. There's tons of other changes. It seems we never use a no huddle offense. It also seems we don't ever run the ball out of shotgun which is a problem because we always try to do play action from shotgun. I don't know what the fixes are but whatever we are trying is not working. The offense hasn't really been in rhythm since before the Ravens game. Even the game after against Washington we didn't play that well.

This one I definitely agree with. I think Kyle really struggles in general with clock management and adjusting pace to our advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5CCTnD-bAa8
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Make Kyle pass without the threat of his run game and you've won

Yikes! That's a major problem.
I mostly like Kyle as the HC. Hes a bright play designer and overall a pretty good coach. His biggest weakness seems to be adjusting at halftime or during the game. He has his game plan and when it stops working the Niners offense stops scoring. I don't know if that''s something he can improve or if he just is what he is.
Share 49ersWebzone