There are 381 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
When even NFL Live can point out what's wrong with your offense then you know you have a problem. The 49ers just aren't coached well on offense this year, period. KS can't play the blame game and point to his players (like he always does).

KS needs to use the bye week to come up with a set of plays to beat teams who are primarily running man to man (picks, screens, rub routes, etc). We have NONE of these in the playbook. There's tons of other changes. It seems we never use a no huddle offense. It also seems we don't ever run the ball out of shotgun which is a problem because we always try to do play action from shotgun. I don't know what the fixes are but whatever we are trying is not working. The offense hasn't really been in rhythm since before the Ravens game. Even the game after against Washington we didn't play that well.

This one I definitely agree with. I think Kyle really struggles in general with clock management and adjusting pace to our advantage.

Yes, to all this.

also, he doesn't seem to target vulnerable players like other teams do.

When we had Norman, for example, teams would go at him at crucial points in the game. Over and over again until removed from the field.

Yesterday, that unknown player that fell for Cowings double move should had been targeted until removed from the field.

I guess, that's part of in game adjustment. He needs to be aware of things like that and take advantage. I know it's difficult when he's always getting ready for the next play, but maybe have someone to help him see these things as they are happening. Idk.
Did Kyle outsmart or internally sabotage himself?
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Yes, to all this.

When we had Norman, for example, teams would go at him at crucial points in the game. Over and over again until removed from the field.

Yesterday, that unknown player that fell for Cowings double move should had been targeted until removed from the field.

I guess, that's part of in game adjustment. He needs to be aware of things like that and take advantage. I know it's difficult when he's always getting ready for the next play, but maybe have someone to help him see these things as they are happening. Idk.
Didn't they hire some ex hc dude for that?
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
  • NFL live talking about how Kyle can't beat man to man defense and they are right. Kyle is overrated

When even NFL Live can point out what's wrong with your offense then you know you have a problem. The 49ers just aren't coached well on offense this year, period. KS can't play the blame game and point to his players (like he always does).

KS needs to use the bye week to come up with a set of plays to beat teams who are primarily running man to man (picks, screens, rub routes, etc). We have NONE of these in the playbook. There's tons of other changes. It seems we never use a no huddle offense. It also seems we don't ever run the ball out of shotgun which is a problem because we always try to do play action from shotgun. I don't know what the fixes are but whatever we are trying is not working. The offense hasn't really been in rhythm since before the Ravens game. Even the game after against Washington we didn't play that well.

You know full well that Kyle isn't going to change. Spags has the blueprint on how to beat us. Kyle has played spags defense how many times now? Yet he still does the same thing over and over? Yeah time for Kyle and lynch to go!
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Yes, to all this.

Idk. Maybe they did. But Kyle needs help seeing the big picture during games. Which I understand can be hard when you are in charge of calling plays.
You know full well that Kyle isn't going to change. Spags has the blueprint on how to beat us. Kyle has played spags defense how many times now? Yet he still does the same thing over and over? Yeah time for Kyle and lynch to go!

Spags did the same thing to us that he's always done vs. us. My main thing is why doesn't KS scheme against him, Baltimore, Cleveland, and to a certain degree Minnesota.

Even before BA went down, they do the same thing...shut down the intermediate middle, wide zone, and inside run game. It felt like we didn't get a 1st down until the 2nd half.
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Yes, to all this.

Idk. Maybe they did. But Kyle needs help seeing the big picture during games. Which I understand can be hard when you are in charge of calling plays.

Kyle does not seem to be the one to take advice.
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:

Spags did the same thing to us that he's always done vs. us. My main thing is why doesn't KS scheme against him, Baltimore, Cleveland, and to a certain degree Minnesota.

Even before BA went down, they do the same thing...shut down the intermediate middle, wide zone, and inside run game. It felt like we didn't get a 1st down until the 2nd half.

For being so called genius he is being routinely beating by teams now
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
"Super Bowl or Bust" - Jed York

but that is how the Niners should be judged.

Losing and dysfunction is what the York norm is. It's wild to me that people clamor for a return to that.

People act like stability is a bad thing. They will praise Tomlin and John Harbs all day. Those guys having won a SB in 12-15 years….but they're competitive, win games and for John has always been in a spot where they at least have a chance to make it to the SB every yr (Tomlin not so much).

that's what we have here currently and people have a problem with that….and FYI those f**kers aren't beating KC either lol.

Stability is not a bad thing, but continuing to finish 2-5 is acting content on just being better than average. Not making adjustments to improve to get to number 1 is a bad thing.

You mention Tomlin and Harbaugh and they are not standing by watching and accepting. Both I think have fired coordinators for being bad. Tomlin has his team playing hard with crappy QBs and less talent.

What's the definition of insanity?
They were talking on around the horn how things are falling apart for the niners

Kyle was pantsed by Andy Reid and Spaggs.

Kansas City were stopped on their first two play drives and then Andy just ran a few sweeps and viola, Kyle had nothing. NOTHING!
Kyle is gonna Kyle. This game went pretty much exactly how I expected. We did nothing different to 'shake' things up. Give them a different look.. Nothing.. More of the same and it didn't work again.. Shocking
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Kyle is gonna Kyle. This game went pretty much exactly how I expected. We did nothing different to 'shake' things up. Give them a different look.. Nothing.. More of the same and it didn't work again.. Shocking

It's about what I expected too. But it was closer than I thought.

Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Wait, what?? I still believe in Kyle but gawddamn

Make Kyle pass without the threat of his run game and you've won

Yikes! That's a major problem.

That doesn't surprise me at all and I'm sure it's true.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by jays9ers:

It's about what I expected too. But it was closer than I thought.

Because the defense took it up a notch. But you can only hold Mahomes back for so long.

wait a minute, when have we said that before ? Oh yea, back in February when Kyle, like yesterday, just could not scheme a way to close it out. Oh, and done forget 2019, when we up by 10 with half a quarter left, and Kyle just could not find a way to close them out. What did Ward say about that game ? KC defense was so glad they stopped running and put the game on Jimmy's hands.

Kyle is a clown. He won't change. He won't adjust. He'll keep going back to his stale wrinkled playbook and just blame players for not executing. s**t, he openly blamed Brock for the 2nd INT thrown at Bell. He doesn't care. He's an egocentric prick.
Share 49ersWebzone