There are 384 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• bud49
  • Veteran
He probably did talk with him about his performance maybe not lecture but talk and I would sure as hell hope he did. But then again I don't know really what he did I wasn't in the locker room.
[ Edited by bud49 on Oct 21, 2024 at 7:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

Interesting 🧐
Welp- the next few games aren't easy either. We are going to pull out of this or be in the dumpster. There doesn't seem to be an inbetween with schedule coming.

Kyle was probably cool with him. That maybe the problem. Someone needs to be the bulldog and the other a puppy.
I watched our highlights of every touchdown last year.

We had 61 touchdowns. Of those, I could attribute only 9 to creative design/scheme. Less than 15%.

That means we overmatched our opponents on raw ability 85%+ of the time. There were a ton of incredible plays by Brock, Deebo, Kittle and especially CMC.

There's two things that stand out the most from this:

1) We miss CMC badly, and it seems very much like we likely spent the off-season designing the entire offense to go around him this year, and weren't prepared for both him and Mitchell to get hurt

2) Kyle is in danger of getting left behind by more innovative play callers in the NFL. He relied so much on spectacular plays from a superstar stacked roster, he allowed himself to get away from what made him great to begin with. He needs to reinvent himself and keep evolving and learning like Andy Reid did. I no longer consider him top 3. Maybe not even top 5. Right now Kyle looks somewhere between 6-10.

He CAN improve, but the question is whether or not he will self evaluate and come to the same conclusion or not. He showed humility when he first got here. He's capable of that. He's a smart dude, I need to see him realize where he's at now and wake up and make a major effort going forward to show the NFL world why he was/is considered the top offensive mind by so many.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 21, 2024 at 8:14 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Cohn is such a clown.

Nepo douchebag.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Cohn is such a clown.

Nepo douchebag.

his daddy has to come defend him when people say mean things
Originally posted by GLT49ers:

Interesting 🧐

Who knows what was said. Grant says whatever gets him clicks.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Interesting 🧐

Who knows what was said. Grant says whatever gets him clicks.

Dude was getting impatient waiting for when Brock meat was out to ask him questions.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

We had 61 touchdowns. Of those, I could attribute only 9 to creative design/scheme. Less than 15%.

That means we overmatched our opponents on raw ability 85%+ of the time. There were a ton of incredible plays by Brock, Deebo, Kittle and especially CMC.

1) We miss CMC badly, and it seems very much like we likely spent the off-season designing the entire offense to go around him this year, and weren't prepared for both him and Mitchell to get hurt

2) Kyle is in danger of getting left behind by more innovative play callers in the NFL. He relied so much on spectacular plays from a superstar stacked roster, he allowed himself to get away from what made him great to begin with. He needs to reinvent himself and keep evolving and learning like Andy Reid did. I no longer consider him top 3. Maybe not even top 5. Right now Kyle looks somewhere between 6-10.

He CAN improve, but the question is whether or not he will self evaluate and come to the same conclusion or not. He showed humility when he first got here. He's capable of that. He's a smart dude, I need to see him realize where he's at now and wake up and make a major effort going forward to show the NFL world why he was/is considered the top offensive mind by so many.

interesting observation. thanks. sounds like your impression is that he's been spoiled

Well said.

I still believe in Kyle. But, he does need to adapt and evolve. Let's see how he does now with the weapons at his disposal. Can he scheme up plays to elevate the youngsters or not?

Interesting 🧐

Necessary. Probably a little of "Hey dude" and "da fuq was that!?!"
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Well said.

I still believe in Kyle. But, he does need to adapt and evolve. Let's see how he does now with the weapons at his disposal. Can he scheme up plays to elevate the youngsters or not?

Thanks. Agree. Just because he's fallen off a little doesn't mean he is stuck like that. When it comes to design, there's ALWAYS something new. It's the way of the league. Sometimes new even means old.. Like really old. Pulling plays from 80s and 90s playbooks.

We have tons of plays in our arsenal. No reason we can't have a couple dozen "gotcha" plays for moments when we HAVE to have it.
We are tied for the most points scored in our division. We have given up the second least amount of points in our division.

Yet we are in 3rd place right now.
For those of you saying Shanny hasn't had much of a choice at qb….. he could have had just about any qb in the league outside of 5 or so for the package they traded to get Lance.
Bottom line is it was an all time bad evaluation that was so so obvious from the get go.
Originally posted by Bullrush42:
For those of you saying Shanny hasn't had much of a choice at qb….. he could have had just about any qb in the league outside of 5 or so for the package they traded to get Lance.
Bottom line is it was an all time bad evaluation that was so so obvious from the get go.

Pick after BA was Love. They can't evaluate the QB position at all. Got lucky BB called John with Jimmy G, and got lucky picking Purdy.
[ Edited by Predator85 on Oct 21, 2024 at 9:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone