LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 283 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

https://omny.fm/shows/tolbert-copes-podcast/10-21-brent-jones-tells-tolbert-copes-that-no-one
Originally posted by captveg:
There's a 20 person limit on the blocking. I've been maxed out for years now.

i put in a suggestion to get this fixed
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 8080849ers:
Anyway, this is a public forum - with blocking. So just block whoever you don't want to hear from (including me) instead of attacking each other

There's a 20 person limit on the blocking. I've been maxed out for years now.

Hahaha, I usually unblock some folks after a while only to see why I blocked them to begin with….need to start up again
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
let's do a check in

67-55 .549

3rd yds
8th pts
24th in giveaways

And currently 10th in offensive DVOA…also you can tell which folks have no clue what they're talking about when they say Kyle's offense hasn't changed or he hasn't made adjustments since he got here.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Funny, I never said everything is Kyle's fault. It must just seem like that because a lot of our struggles can in fact be traced back to him. Roster decisions, coaching personnel, play calling, game management etc. He gets better at those things and you will see a lot less criticism. It would also help if the Kyle or nobody crowd stopped shouting down any Kyle criticism.

Oh stop it with the passive aggressive s**t. Yes you have.

Trolls never admit that they are trolls

This coming from the Kyle or nobody crowd is rather funny. And sorry NY, that's just not true. Reverting to sweeping generalizations and name calling…? Come on you're better than that.
[ Edited by Bringbackedjr on Oct 22, 2024 at 10:50 AM ]
And currently 10th in offensive DVOA…also you can tell which folks have no clue what they're talking about when they say Kyle's offense hasn't changed or he hasn't made adjustments since he got here.

it's these giveaways NY we can't be turning the ball over like this
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
let's do a check in

67-55 .549

3rd yds
8th pts
24th in giveaways

Yeah the offensive scheme has changed. His playcalling strategy has remained relatively in tact, and even the strategies that have changed have come with their own predictable nature.

the details have changed. The theme has not.
They were just discussing this again on the radio and I fall into this camp. I am not all about fire Kyle but the guy takes zero accountability of any issues. Will never hear this in a presser. It's always someone something else.

I think he needs to take a long hard look at improvements he can do weather it be managing the team to play calling. I think the frustration with some fans here is just this and I am not sure they always mean fire Kyle but are looking for some accountability.

I am few out there and that's cool but I have said I wish Kyle were HC with an OC. I think it would go far to free up some of his time in areas where needed like ST and at times defense.

Kyle is as much on the list to discuss improvements required as anyone on this team. It just seems sometimes you wouldn't know it and that means long term lingering issues never resolved.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Oct 22, 2024 at 10:53 AM ]
The blown leads are something that have plagued Kyle this year and in the past. Nothing new and nothing fixed. Has a problem putting away teams we should.
I could solve a lot of the issues the fans have with Kyle with a few sweeping changes:

-Change strategies on the special teams… they are a tool that can be used to win games. Better said to fit with Kyle's vision: special teams can help the offense with field positioning and time of possession. Take more of an interest in special teams personnel, coaching, and strategy.

-On a pre-set number of red zone drives, force yourself to call what the league would consider to be the appropriate plays, for the entirety of the red zone drive. Essentially, create left and right guard rails to keep your tendency to overthink in check.

-stop overthinking clock management, take some of the emphasis off of TOP and place that emphasis on scoring. Not all, some.

-create methods to simplify the playbook on the fly. Deebo, CMC, juice and kittle are all unique players with unique skill sets. When they abruptly leave the game, there should be some ability to plug and play more cookie cutter type guys.

-hire a common sense dude that you have to be somewhat accountable to. A guy that can poke you on the shoulder and say "that may not make sense", and you'd be inclined to listen.

-wrap your mind around the idea that it can be just as beneficial to work to your strengths as it is to work to the defenses weaknesses. Good defensive coordinators hide their weaknesses anyhow, and end up baiting Kyle into playing to their strengths. Aka chiefs, Vikings.

Boom. Undefeated Super Bowl champs for the next five years.

Originally posted by 9erson3:
They were just discussing this again on the radio and I fall into this camp. I am not all about fire Kyle but the guy takes zero accountability of any issues. Will never hear this in a presser. It's always someone something else.

I think he needs to take a long hard look at improvements he can do weather it be managing the team to play calling. I think the frustration with some fans here is just this and I am not sure they always mean fire Kyle but are looking for some accountability.

I am few out there and that's cool but I have said I wish Kyle were HC with an OC. I think it would go far to free up some of his time in areas where needed like ST and at times defense.

Kyle is as much on the list to discuss improvements required as anyone on this team. It just seems sometimes you wouldn't know it and that means long term lingering issues never resolved.

Kyle's response is typically: "it's obviously on me as the head coach, but Brock made a bad throw" 🤣🤣
This coming from the Kyle or nobody crowd is rather funny. And sorry NY, that's just not true. Reverting to sweeping generalizations and name calling…? Come on you're better than that.

Not a single person has said Kyle or nobody…tossing that out there just makes the rest of your debate meaningless
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Yeah the offensive scheme has changed. His playcalling strategy has remained relatively in tact, and even the strategies that have changed have come with their own predictable nature.

Explain how he's play calling "strategy" has stayed the same? I'd say it's almost the opposite from the standpoint of passing vs running. Currently top 10 in passing attempts vs past yrs of consistently being near the bottom there.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Funny, I never said everything is Kyle's fault. It must just seem like that because a lot of our struggles can in fact be traced back to him. Roster decisions, coaching personnel, play calling, game management etc. He gets better at those things and you will see a lot less criticism. It would also help if the Kyle or nobody crowd stopped shouting down any Kyle criticism.

Oh stop it with the passive aggressive s**t. Yes you have.

Trolls never admit that they are trolls

Fancy some Cheetos, Gore?
[ Edited by Koldo on Oct 22, 2024 at 11:28 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

Explain how he's play calling "strategy" has stayed the same? I'd say it's almost the opposite from the standpoint of passing vs running. Currently top 10 in passing attempts vs past yrs of consistently being near the bottom there.

It definitely hasn't stayed the same. We've been in shotgun this season probably more than any other season under Kyle.
Share 49ersWebzone