LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 440 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Hopper:
It definitely hasn't stayed the same. We've been in shotgun this season probably more than any other season under Kyle.

Yeah and we've moved away from being a straight OZ running offensive to being more multiple there. This offense has absolutely changed throughout the years.

spags is the DC goat.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

spags is the DC goat.

That's on Brendel

spags is the DC goat.

why not replace the blitzers. so quick here to 85

spags is the DC goat.

KC defensive rankings under Spags: 17, 16, 27, 11, 2, 10. His record 2012-2018: 32, 32, 10, 31, 31.

spags is the DC goat.

Looks like Puni should've taken one, McKivitz then taking the outside, and then Purdy has to just evade the corner blitz.

It's definitely creative though... Would've been a great time for a screen
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

spags is the DC goat.

Looks like Puni should've taken one, McKivitz then taking the outside, and then Purdy has to just evade the corner blitz.

It's definitely creative though... Would've been a great time for a screen

Even so in most schemes you would see Kittle becoming hot, but here he is running a deeper route and Purdy is trying to read the other half of the field
Yeah and we've moved away from being a straight OZ running offensive to being more multiple there. This offense has absolutely changed throughout the years.

He has to get back to his primary inside/outside zone running game while complementing it with Playaction pass. Without Aiyuk they do not have the personnel to be a high volume passing offense.
[ Edited by SFrush on Oct 22, 2024 at 12:14 PM ]
My main anger with Kyle is his continued ignorance of special teams. It is very much a continued problem and Kyle needs to take these failings seriously. Its killing us more now as we poorer on both sides of the ball.
Originally posted by Jcool:

spags is the DC goat.

KC defensive rankings under Spags: 17, 16, 27, 11, 2, 10. His record 2012-2018: 32, 32, 10, 31, 31.

interesting

Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Yeah the offensive scheme has changed. His playcalling strategy has remained relatively in tact, and even the strategies that have changed have come with their own predictable nature.

the details have changed. The theme has not.

Explain how he's play calling "strategy" has stayed the same? I'd say it's almost the opposite from the standpoint of passing vs running. Currently top 10 in passing attempts vs past yrs of consistently being near the bottom there.

Yeah perhaps I didn't word it correctly. I was just pointing out that one could turn on any niners game and accurately predict 7 out of the next 10 playcalls. Obviously not to the exact detail, but the general idea of what he's trying to do.

for sure this years approach is different than last years, but the play designs are relatively similar.

it's almost making the games not enjoyable. We rely on scheme so heavily that we can easily see who we can't beat… doesn't matter how good our players are when Kyle's scheme is defeated.
Originally posted by mcwoot:

spags is the DC goat.

That's on Brendel

Disagree. We miss blocking assignments so much it can't be anyone fault but the coaches.

simplify. The. Playbook. Kyle.
Originally posted by mcwoot:

spags is the DC goat.

That's on Brendel

Disagree. We miss blocking assignments so much it can't be anyone fault but the coaches.

simplify. The. Playbook. Kyle.

The playbook isn't any more complicated than it was when they were winning. The players need to step up and make those blocks. Missed assignments are on them. Sometimes it's not even on them. Sometimes the opponent just beats us.
Do we see any hope? There were two other seasons where we were in this position and we responded with flying colors. I just don't see it this year. Everyone looks deflated and playing bad football everywhere
Originally posted by 9erson3:
They were just discussing this again on the radio and I fall into this camp. I am not all about fire Kyle but the guy takes zero accountability of any issues. Will never hear this in a presser. It's always someone something else.

I think he needs to take a long hard look at improvements he can do weather it be managing the team to play calling. I think the frustration with some fans here is just this and I am not sure they always mean fire Kyle but are looking for some accountability.

I am few out there and that's cool but I have said I wish Kyle were HC with an OC. I think it would go far to free up some of his time in areas where needed like ST and at times defense.

Kyle is as much on the list to discuss improvements required as anyone on this team. It just seems sometimes you wouldn't know it and that means long term lingering issues never resolved.

Kyle's response is typically: "it's obviously on me as the head coach, but Brock made a bad throw" 🤣🤣

This is the worst part about Kyle. Nothing is on him. His plays are perfect and beat any defense on his whiteboard. Can't be his fault lol

How can you ever get better when you think you're always right? Such arrogance
Share 49ersWebzone