LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 231 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Disagree. We miss blocking assignments so much it can't be anyone fault but the coaches.

simplify. The. Playbook. Kyle.

I wish I could find the video from the guy that interviewed Feliciano after the Lions game. He asked him what changed in the second half and Feliciano said we simplified things and just knew exactly who we were blocking
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

spags is the DC goat.

That's on Brendel

Mckivitz not even looking at his right side duties....
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

spags is the DC goat.

That's on Brendel

Mckivitz not even looking at his right side duties....

Poorly coached
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

spags is the DC goat.

That's on Brendel

Disagree. We miss blocking assignments so much it can't be anyone fault but the coaches.

simplify. The. Playbook. Kyle.

The playbook isn't any more complicated than it was when they were winning. The players need to step up and make those blocks. Missed assignments are on them. Sometimes it's not even on them. Sometimes the opponent just beats us.

Yeah…. I understand your opinion for sure and wouldn't take a hard stance against it. It's just my opinion that consistent execution, or lack there of, is a coaches responsibility. We aren't suffering from a pandemic of forgetfulness and laziness… we are an under-coached team with a complicated scheme. If we applied the same ideas you're insinuating to any other industry, there wouldn't be need for supervisors.

coaches are more than scheming masterminds. Perhaps this doesn't fall on Kyle specifically, but there appears to be major coaching deficiencies within the offense and special teams. Messed up blocking assignments, running through the wrong gaps, not keeping lane integrity on special teams etc etc are all things taught through repetition and emphasis.

i go back to my analogy of being able to tell my dudes to shoot a target, but if I haven't taught them to shoot I couldn't realistically expect them to be successful on the mission.

also, the saying as a leader goes: I can delegate authority, I can't delegate responsibility. I can empower the guys to execute the scheme as I've taught it, I simply can't delegate my responsibility if we fail. It's on me, the leader. If Kyle is the head coach, anything we accomplish or fail to, ultimately falls on him.

and I'm sure he agrees.
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 22, 2024 at 3:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone