There are 271 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Dshearn:
some of these takes are beyond pathetic....

Shanny was in position to beat the chiefs and could not get it done with his a rookie WR playing in his first game, a rookie WR coming back from injury, and a 7th round WR....oh yeah.....and a rookie undrafted RB.....and if we really want to pile on, he is on his 3rd kicker of the season....

Shocker....the 4th, 5th and 6th WRs, 3rd string RB and I guess what we would call a 3rd string, can't get a job in the NFL kicker... were not enough to beat the undefeated defending superbowl champions....

They were down as many players
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Shanny was in position to beat the chiefs and could not get it done with his a rookie WR playing in his first game, a rookie WR coming back from injury, and a 7th round WR....oh yeah.....and a rookie undrafted RB.....and if we really want to pile on, he is on his 3rd kicker of the season....

Shocker....the 4th, 5th and 6th WRs, 3rd string RB and I guess what we would call a 3rd string, can't get a job in the NFL kicker... were not enough to beat the undefeated defending superbowl champions....

They are the best team in football

They have a better roster

They did not have the outcome of the game dependent on two rookie WRs, Ronnie Bell, a rookie RB, and rookies all over the defense...

They did not have the outcome of the game dependent on two rookie WRs, Ronnie Bell, a rookie RB, and rookies all over the defense...

yeah they did. Worthy is a rook WR. they ran Carson Steele another rook, Pacheco is out. I think 2 of the 3 picks were rooks.

after some light research yes, 2 of the 3 picks were rookies.
Originally posted by lamontb:
You can't blame that on the coach. Ward had the int right in his hands and simply didn't make the play. The coach put the player in position to make the play.

i hate to dreg up the old stuff, but you look at Reid, he just hires a great DC and gets out of the way. that's what Shanny should do also. Jed gets out of the way of Kyle and Kyle needs to let his DC go to work. he spent a full season last year meddling in the process, and now he hired his guy to run his stuff, well he's got to live with the results of his decisions here. we were 3rd in ppg last year, now 16th.

Super Bowl hangover including Greenlaw.

The hangover is real. After the LONG season and emotional tension that builds, only to have it fall flat with the loss, it is very difficult to dredge up all the energy again. You just have to hope that the bye will bring some kind of magic back.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by lamontb:
You can't blame that on the coach. Ward had the int right in his hands and simply didn't make the play. The coach put the player in position to make the play.

i hate to dreg up the old stuff, but you look at Reid, he just hires a great DC and gets out of the way. that's what Shanny should do also. Jed gets out of the way of Kyle and Kyle needs to let his DC go to work. he spent a full season last year meddling in the process, and now he hired his guy to run his stuff, well he's got to live with the results of his decisions here. we were 3rd in ppg last year, now 16th.

Super Bowl hangover including Greenlaw.

The hangover is real. After the LONG season and emotional tension that builds, only to have it fall flat with the loss, it is very difficult to dredge up all the energy again. You just have to hope that the bye will bring some kind of magic back.

yeah i had us falling back a bit this year in the predictions thread, mostly cuz that's what history showed after 2019. i still think we can get CMC back and a division title. this division is very weak DJ

The chiefs had massive injuries at wide receiver and running back. This is the kinda stuff Shanahanjobs will say and you just know they don't watch the full games sober.
Originally posted by redrathman:

The chiefs had massive injuries at wide receiver and running back. This is the kinda stuff Shanahanjobs will say and you just know they don't watch the full games sober.

They have a generational QB period. Pat could take Carolina to the playoffs, as much as I hate to say it.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Both teams have had injuries but the 49ers offense was hit harder. What made it even worse was Deebo was a game time scratch and Aiyuk was lost in the first half. Two huge parts of the offense that ere probably a big part of the game plan . Losing both on game day is harder to adjust to than knowing a week ahead that they won't be available.
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
They have a generational QB period. Pat could take Carolina to the playoffs, as much as I hate to say it.

i don't know about that. he was drafted into an org with Reid, Hill, Kelce, and it's a great ownership and fanbase. so good situation. hard to say what happens if Tepper drafts him. who knows? he's had a HOF coach his whole career.
Dshearn has gone from one of the most reactive posters on the Zone to the voice of reason. Now I've seen it all. Weren't you the one who wanted to sack Jon York back in early days?

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Both teams have had injuries but the 49ers offense was hit harder. What made it even worse was Deebo was a game time scratch and Aiyuk was lost in the first half. Two huge parts of the offense that ere probably a big part of the game plan . Losing both on game day is harder to adjust to than knowing a week ahead that they won't be available.

i saw Juju leave mid game also. this is all excuses i hate when we lose and it's an excusarama of oh this happened then this. ok well that's football. adapt or lose.
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
Dshearn has gone from one of the most reactive posters on the Zone to the voice of reason. Now I've seen it all. Weren't you the one who wanted to sack Jon York back in early days?

Maybe...I highly doubt it though....

The only thing I have ever been very negative about (that I remember) is is Nolan taking Alex Smith, and then drafting QBs to play fullback, Defensive linemen to play offensive linemen....or something like that....linebackers to be in the secondary....to me that stuff just does not work..... you just can't move people allover the place and reliably get results and I want to say he did it on 3 or 4 draft picks the first 2 or so years he was here.

outside of that...the year we took the brothers with the last 2 picks in the draft....I am not sure if that was here (maybe the old website before they switched to this one) or contra-costa messaging board.... but I thought it was a mistake to draft a feel good story vs the best prospects available. In hindsight...that really was an overreaction on me. We had 4th rounders not make the roster back then, so I was overly critical about a 6th and 7th rounder.

Just noticed you said Jon....not Jed....

Yeah...I probably was throwing a fit... I loved Eddie, and Bill Walsh .... I am still not cool with how Eddie, and Walsh were treated, I am sure I had some choice things to say about the York's early on. They tried to erase Bill Walsh....yeah... still ticked off by this...I am sure I was not happy.
[ Edited by Dshearn on Oct 23, 2024 at 2:06 PM ]
Shanahan can't beat kc. That's a fact and it's a repeat problem. It's like Seattle was for us the 2010s. We need a coach that can beat Reid and spags. Not get spanked every time we play .

yeah they did. Worthy is a rook WR. they ran Carson Steele another rook, Pacheco is out. I think 2 of the 3 picks were rooks.

after some light research yes, 2 of the 3 picks were rookies.

Worthy and his 18 receiving yards...was not a major factor in the game.... They did not need to depend on worthy like SF had to depend on 4 rookies on offense.

Again

KC is the better team, They have a better roster.

It is difficult to win a game, against a better team when the offense has its 4th, 5th, 6th string WRs, and 3rd string running back on the field.

Yes KC had issues too....or we would have not even been in that game....but their issues, vs our issues still has them as a CLEARLY better team.
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Shanahan can't beat kc. That's a fact and it's a repeat problem. It's like Seattle was for us the 2010s. We need a coach that can beat Reid and spags. Not get spanked every time we play .

Well we got a problem then, only Haurbagh has a winning record against KC with Reid, and not even Harbaugh can beat KC in the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone