There are 305 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Dshearn:
Worthy and his 18 receiving yards...was not a major factor in the game.... They did not need to depend on worthy like SF had to depend on 4 rookies on offense.

Again

KC is the better team, They have a better roster.

It is difficult to win a game, against a better team when the offense has its 4th, 5th, 6th string WRs, and 3rd string running back on the field.

Yes KC had issues too....or we would have not even been in that game....but their issues, vs our issues still has them as a CLEARLY better team.

Worthy is a pretty incredible young man. I like him a lot. he operates effectively as their WR1. at full health with Rice and Brown, he would be WR3. but he's a good one imo. had us on a deep TD, that 15 whiffed. he went to Texas, and I understand so did kyle. I am sure Kyle knows all about him.
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Shanahan can't beat kc. That's a fact and it's a repeat problem. It's like Seattle was for us the 2010s. We need a coach that can beat Reid and spags. Not get spanked every time we play .

Yeah all those coaches that can beat Reid and Spagnola - we should hire one of them.

Maybe during the bye week we should hire a conference centre and invite over all the coaches that can beat Reid and Spagnola and have them all vibe with each other. They can break out into teams of a dozen and we can assess them all and then invite the best 25 or so over for proper interviews.
Kyle should have been all over this.

Unreal. I don't know if Saleh wanted to come back to SF or not but the fact that he is now helping GB can't be a good thing for the 49ers.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Unreal. I don't know if Saleh wanted to come back to SF or not but the fact that he is now helping GB can't be a good thing for the 49ers.

he's a friend of LaFleur and that clan, which is the same coaching tree. i don't see it as helping in any official capacity. probably just hanging out and invited to be around the game. we should send him an invite. i like him. i wouldn't take this too serious tho, unless there was an announcement i missed. he just likes being around the game.
Originally posted by joeknows:
Shanahan can't beat kc. That's a fact and it's a repeat problem. It's like Seattle was for us the 2010s. We need a coach that can beat Reid and spags. Not get spanked every time we play .

Yeah all those coaches that can beat Reid and Spagnola - we should hire one of them.

Maybe during the bye week we should hire a conference centre and invite over all the coaches that can beat Reid and Spagnola and have them all vibe with each other. They can break out into teams of a dozen and we can assess them all and then invite the best 25 or so over for proper interviews.

I mean... Reid struggled and lost SB's until he ran into Kyle.... Just saying. I agree there is no replacement but if Kyles team didn't completely choke 10 point leads. Reid would still be viewed as a the old Reid. He met Shanny and Shanny gave Reid his 2 of 3.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Worthy and his 18 receiving yards...was not a major factor in the game.... They did not need to depend on worthy like SF had to depend on 4 rookies on offense.

Again

KC is the better team, They have a better roster.

It is difficult to win a game, against a better team when the offense has its 4th, 5th, 6th string WRs, and 3rd string running back on the field.

Yes KC had issues too....or we would have not even been in that game....but their issues, vs our issues still has them as a CLEARLY better team.

Worthy is a pretty incredible young man. I like him a lot. he operates effectively as their WR1. at full health with Rice and Brown, he would be WR3. but he's a good one imo. had us on a deep TD, that 15 whiffed. he went to Texas, and I understand so did kyle. I am sure Kyle knows all about him.

you aint wrong about that.....

he has a bit of that Randy Moss feel to him. He is not....randy moss....but....he has that instant speed that is clearly not normal. He is not NFL fast....he appears to be generationally fast...

I wish we had drafted him...it would instantly fix a problem on this team. Teams ... come hell or high water take inside coverage against BA and Deebo to stop the inside cross....

Can't do that with Worthy....you can't give that guy a clean outside release like teams are doing down in and down out against us right now. Worthy would wreck a team for trying that.
you aint wrong about that.....

he has a bit of that Randy Moss feel to him. He is not....randy moss....but....he has that instant speed that is clearly not normal. He is not NFL fast....he appears to be generationally fast...

I wish we had drafted him...it would instantly fix a problem on this team. Teams ... come hell or high water take inside coverage against BA and Deebo to stop the inside cross....

Can't do that with Worthy....you can't give that guy a clean outside release like teams are doing down in and down out against us right now. Worthy would wreck a team for trying that.

he seems more than blind speed also, like John Ross. he's got good hands, good routes, good body control. not just a combine dude. KC keeps getting good dudes. i like the other texas wr also, he's in indy, AD Mitchell. i like slick rick also.

John Harbaugh is the only coach that has a winning record against KC/Reid in the regular season....but he can't beat him in the playoffs.

You don't need a conference center.....you need a small booth for 3 and bring Luca Brazi or the head of a horse....
And Dr. John York has made an appearance in santa clara.

You are on notice kyle. Get your S together........
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Oct 23, 2024 at 2:59 PM ]

Originally posted by braap49er:

Aren't they best friends? Best man at Saleh wedding? Probably just a buds visit.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Oct 23, 2024 at 3:36 PM ]
Originally posted by braap49er:

Over what? Saleh and Lafleur are best friends and were each other's weddings

John Harbaugh is the only coach that has a winning record against KC/Reid in the regular season....but he can't beat him in the playoffs.

You don't need a conference center.....you need a small booth for 3 and bring Luca Brazi or the head of a horse....

Funny! That was a good one. Luca Brazi. Well done.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Over what? Saleh and Lafleur are best friends and were each other's weddings

all break no gas tour continues
we should invite saleh over to hang out
The Dallas Cowpokes game will show how good a coach that Kyle Shannahan is or not.

We are Down on personnel; Kyle has had a week to dial up a game plan to win and to calm a young self-absorbed quarterback who was way out of sorts in front of a national audience.

And the Cowpokes, who have their own problems, will want to get one over the 49er for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone