There are 171 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by joeknows:
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Shanahan can't beat kc. That's a fact and it's a repeat problem. It's like Seattle was for us the 2010s. We need a coach that can beat Reid and spags. Not get spanked every time we play .

Yeah all those coaches that can beat Reid and Spagnola - we should hire one of them.

Maybe during the bye week we should hire a conference centre and invite over all the coaches that can beat Reid and Spagnola and have them all vibe with each other. They can break out into teams of a dozen and we can assess them all and then invite the best 25 or so over for proper interviews.

I mean... Reid struggled and lost SB's until he ran into Kyle.... Just saying. I agree there is no replacement but if Kyles team didn't completely choke 10 point leads. Reid would still be viewed as a the old Reid. He met Shanny and Shanny gave Reid his 2 of 3.

Reid owns Shanny.

It's more than football.

It's spiritual.

I doubt the San Fransisco 49ers will ever beat the Kansas City Chiefs while they are both head coach of the respective franchises.

there is just no way.

The Juju is set.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
Dshearn has gone from one of the most reactive posters on the Zone to the voice of reason. Now I've seen it all. Weren't you the one who wanted to sack Jon York back in early days?

Maybe...I highly doubt it though....

The only thing I have ever been very negative about (that I remember) is is Nolan taking Alex Smith, and then drafting QBs to play fullback, Defensive linemen to play offensive linemen....or something like that....linebackers to be in the secondary....to me that stuff just does not work..... you just can't move people allover the place and reliably get results and I want to say he did it on 3 or 4 draft picks the first 2 or so years he was here.

outside of that...the year we took the brothers with the last 2 picks in the draft....I am not sure if that was here (maybe the old website before they switched to this one) or contra-costa messaging board.... but I thought it was a mistake to draft a feel good story vs the best prospects available. In hindsight...that really was an overreaction on me. We had 4th rounders not make the roster back then, so I was overly critical about a 6th and 7th rounder.

Just noticed you said Jon....not Jed....

Yeah...I probably was throwing a fit... I loved Eddie, and Bill Walsh .... I am still not cool with how Eddie, and Walsh were treated, I am sure I had some choice things to say about the York's early on. They tried to erase Bill Walsh....yeah... still ticked off by this...I am sure I was not happy.

Your 100% right though its not panic time yet, if Brock turns into a pumpkin and we are 1-5 to start next season then we can panic
it was a good season. i blame john lynch and aiyuk and paraag for being stupid for 2024
still after these past few years... Folks who love Kyle over the team. When they hear the criticisms.

deflecting blame to everyone else.

again, yall do understand he is not going to be the Head Coach forever right? there was someone before him, and there will be someone after him. With how teams have improved talent wise... Young talented NFC QBs are gaining experience... defenses adjusting to Kyle's schemes, without him adjusting back. It just seems like some are holding out hope for something and I don't know what it is. It's only going to get tougher, and Kyle is struggling already right now.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 23, 2024 at 4:48 PM ]
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
And Dr. John York has made an appearance in santa clara.

You are on notice kyle. Get your S together........

I don't expect anything to happen till offseason but if Kyle is fired it wouldn't surprise me. He can't beat kc. And he sucks at being a HC
Kyle has been exposed as just an ego maniacal small timer with no vision.

Our team is broken by injury and now beaten by their main nemesis KC.

If we lose this week, it could be curtains for one self-described offensive genius.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
still after these past few years... Folks who love Kyle over the team. When they hear the criticisms.

deflecting blame to everyone else.

again, yall do understand he is not going to be the Head Coach forever right? there was someone before him, and there will be someone after him. With how teams have improved talent wise... Young talented NFC QBs are gaining experience... defenses adjusting to Kyle's schemes, without him adjusting back. It just seems like some are holding out hope for something and I don't know what it is. It's only going to get tougher, and Kyle is struggling already right now.

What's interesting to me is that we've heard a lot of criticism before, and then Kyle comes back. Like when he took the team to the NFC Championship with a turd at QB. You're right that he won't be the HC forever, but I think he'll be here as long as he can keep finding ways to turn things around. He has demonstrated that he can rebound from tough starts in the past.

I actually think game planning wise, he's mostly doing what you need to do to counter how the NFL has adjusted. One problem is, he doesn't have the personnel on the OL to do this, and it looks awful/sloppy whenever we can't protect -- which is any time we face a good defense. So I only give him partial credit, because sure.. you are trying to do the logical thing, but at some point you have to realize we need to bring back certain elements that helped make up for that atrocious OL... the screens, quick passes, etc. -- and scheme up other stuff.

He looks frustrated, but also visibly overwhelmed right now. Something tells me he realizes all of the above, but doesn't have a perfect answer for it all, collectively. I think Kyle has to come to the conclusion that against poor pressure teams, we can probably use the deep dropbacks, but against high pressure teams, we're going to need more plays that use a defense's pursuit against them. He's been trying the same strategy no matter the opponent and I think that's the main problem overall. I also think that he got away from the creative stuff last year because we were just too good that we didn't even need to.

I was done with Harbaugh when he started losing the team. I hope that doesn't ever happen to Kyle. I will know it when I see it, and at that point it's time to move on, but we're not there yet, so.. long post short, I want him here still cause I think he's smart enough to figure it out. He usually does, despite what people say. Offensively we only really need OL help to start dominating consistently on offense again, IMO. But yes, a dash of more creativity from Kyle would help too.

Like I said elsewhere, I think he's fallen behind a tad, no longer top 5. But, he is capable of getting back up there. Andy used to be horrific in short yardage with Philly. Now he's a nightmare to stop on it. Kyle's in his 8th year. Andy's in his 25th.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 23, 2024 at 5:55 PM ]
Boo

Originally posted by braap49er:
Boo

Our team is struggling and shanahan ego is too big to ask for help
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Boo

If there was a move to be made this would have been a great addition to the staff.

Originally posted by bud49:
Boo

If there was a move to be made this would have been a great addition to the staff.
This coach and John Lynch are asleep behind the wheel.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

Or maybe the guy who lives in Michigan, whose kids go to school in Michigan, decided that a consulting position working for the best man at his wedding while being close enough to home to spend plenty of time with his family was the best opportunity for him?

Crazy that Saleh might have actual preferences for himself.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

Or maybe the guy who lives in Michigan, whose kids go to school in Michigan, decided that a consulting position working for the best man at his wedding while being close enough to home to spend plenty of time with his family was the best opportunity for him?

Crazy that Saleh might have actual preferences for himself.

We're fans we don't take such things into consideration only whats best for the team.
Share 49ersWebzone