There are 185 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Teams have figured out that all you have to do is defend the middle of the field on the end breaking routes versus zone. Niners haven't figured out how to consistently beat that with routes on the outside. And when they do the o line is f**king up. And we keep killing Brendal but Banks isn't too far behind.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Teams have figured out that all you have to do is defend the middle of the field on the end breaking routes versus zone. Niners haven't figured out how to consistently beat that with routes on the outside. And when they do the o line is f**king up. And we keep killing Brendal but Banks isn't too far behind.

You mentioned a couple of the dozens of issues. Our players, according to our performance this year, f**king suck. Our playcalling, according to our performance this year, f**king sucks.

when your players and your scheme fail at the same time it's inductive of a a fundamental error somewhere in the structure of this thing.

A s**t ton of symptoms that could probably all be fixed with one or two changes to the core of our organization. I'm not suggesting what that change may need to be, but I'd imagine one broad adjustment would fix a ton of these issues
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 24, 2024 at 10:27 AM ]
What kind of coach has no idea how to beat man on man? For years in a row. He simply won't adjust his stupid scripted play calls. Adjust man. Try something different! What you are doing is not working. The league has figured you out. Every other coach in the league has things for man on man or zone. You have to adjust to what they are doing to you.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What kind of coach has no idea how to beat man on man? For years in a row. He simply won't adjust his stupid scripted play calls. Adjust man. Try something different! What you are doing is not working. The league has figured you out. Every other coach in the league has things for man on man or zone. You have to adjust to what they are doing to you.

I'm sure Kyle knows how to play against man defense. KC disguses their defense enough to keep the offense guessing. Even if they played it on every down, Kyle might feel he doesn't have the personnel to beat it. Certainly after Aiyuk got injured they didn't have a lot of options. He isn't good against man anyway. Same for Deebo. The best is Jennings and he's out. Cowings is fast but small and still learning. Pearsall is still getting into playing shape.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by lamontb:

You mentioned a couple of the dozens of issues. Our players, according to our performance this year, f**king suck. Our playcalling, according to our performance this year, f**king sucks.

when your players and your scheme fail at the same time it's inductive of a a fundamental error somewhere in the structure of this thing.

A s**t ton of symptoms that could probably all be fixed with one or two changes to the core of our organization. I'm not suggesting what that change may need to be, but I'd imagine one broad adjustment would fix a ton of these issues

Well said. Prime example is that not only do they keep rolling out Brendal and Mkcvitiz they didn't even bring any competition. How can you just gift a starting job to two horrible players. At least make them earn it a bit. I would think protecting Brock would be pretty valuable.

And why does the Special Teams coach still have a job? To me that means KS could really careless about ST.

According to the tape watchers, he called man beating plays all game but either the route was poorly ran or Brendel/Banks/McKivitz were getting steamrolled on the play

I can forgive the routes due to inexperience and limited playing time, but our OL is a problem and I don't know if there's any quick fix to that, personnel wise.

I think we do have to run more screens though.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I'm sure Kyle knows how to play against man defense. KC disguses their defense enough to keep the offense guessing. Even if they played it on every down, Kyle might feel he doesn't have the personnel to beat it. Certainly after Aiyuk got injured they didn't have a lot of options. He isn't good against man anyway. Same for Deebo. The best is Jennings and he's out. Cowings is fast but small and still learning. Pearsall is still getting into playing shape.

The key to beating KC has always been running the ball, something the 9ers could never do vs them. Shanahan needs to get creative doing that and get back to motioning the hell outta the defense. Run the ball on their defense and keep Mahomes off the field, you'll win the game. Keep trying to beat man coverage like Spags wants you to, and you'll play right into his hands.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

The key to beating KC has always been running the ball, something the 9ers could never do vs them. Shanahan needs to get creative doing that and get back to motioning the hell outta the defense. Run the ball on their defense and keep Mahomes off the field, you'll win the game. Keep trying to beat man coverage like Spags wants you to, and you'll play right into his hands.

Think we just gave up on the run too early. Especially down your top 3 receivers. Keep running, eventually you will break one.
Share 49ersWebzone