LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 267 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

I can't imagine what the yorks are thinking knowing they've given out all these crazy contracts and every player besides Bosa isn't playing or have declined since the contract. This is exactly why franchises go back to rebuilding. This could prevent ownership from willing to shell out huge upfront contracts etc. I can't believe Christian signed this extension and this wasn't found in the physical. This isn't a pulled muscle or a injury that goes away. The front office needs accountability on signing a player who's in decline physically. Bill Walsh and the sustainable teams always know when to get out early and move off a guy. This is a slow regression of the team
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
The Rams are better than us now!
Technically, they were when they beat us 4 weeks ago.

But they are even better with Kupp and Nakua back. Their schedule is favorable to them to. Our schedule is not favorable and if we lose to DAL this Sunday, we can probably kiss our playoff chances goodbye.

Mcvays play calling is so much better than shannys. He gets it to his playmakers. Is it Brock or is it shanny? Imagine if we had Reid or Mcvay calling our plays.
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 25, 2024 at 5:02 AM ]
Originally posted by wisecraft:
I can't imagine what the yorks are thinking knowing they've given out all these crazy contracts and every player besides Bosa isn't playing or have declined since the contract. This is exactly why franchises go back to rebuilding. This could prevent ownership from willing to shell out huge upfront contracts etc. I can't believe Christian signed this extension and this wasn't found in the physical. This isn't a pulled muscle or a injury that goes away. The front office needs accountability on signing a player who's in decline physically. Bill Walsh and the sustainable teams always know when to get out early and move off a guy. This is a slow regression of the team

Yeah, this has like never ever happened before. They should never give out a 2nd contract.

Never mind Warner was looking like DPOY. Kittle was All Pro last year. Deebo had 1200 all purpose yards last year.

The team is already beginning a slow pivot at receiver. Just need their personnel decisions at a couple other position groups to catch up.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Yeah, this has like never ever happened before. They should never give out a 2nd contract.

Never mind Warner was looking like DPOY. Kittle was All Pro last year. Deebo had 1200 all purpose yards last year.

The team is already beginning a slow pivot at receiver. Just need their personnel decisions at a couple other position groups to catch up.

Yeah I agree. And TBH WR market is dumb and overvalued leaguewide so that's not the teams fault. BA situation sucks, but nobody's fault.
Just wondering what the Kyle fan club thought of last nights game in terms of a coaching staff comparison. I was impressed by both teams but especially impressed by the adjustments the rams made on both sides of the ball. It's becoming clearer by the week Kyle is not it. We seem discombobulated compared to other teams. Yes injuries play a role but we have so much talent. System needs to be adjusted and if he can't do it we need to start looking for a replacement. I keep waiting for his genius to show up and it's MIA.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Just wondering what the Kyle fan club thought of last nights game in terms of a coaching staff comparison. I was impressed by both teams but especially impressed by the adjustments the rams made on both sides of the ball. It's becoming clearer by the week Kyle is not it. We seem discombobulated compared to other teams. Yes injuries play a role but we have so much talent. System needs to be adjusted and if he can't do it we need to start looking for a replacement. I keep waiting for his genius to show up and it's MIA.

what adjustments is Minn making lol? LA has been dog s**t this yr…what adjustments did they make when they lost their pro-bowl WRs? They're 23rd in PPG. 49ers are currently 8th in PPG and that's with all kinds of injuries all the same.

Horrible example to further a bias narrative
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 25, 2024 at 7:31 AM ]
This dude may never get a Lombardi, shat away his chances. So frustrating. Dips**t decisions when they matter the most. Hate seeing so much talent wasted. Ok done whining lol
Originally posted by Montana:
This dude may never get a Lombardi, shat away his chances. So frustrating. Dips**t decisions when they matter the most. Hate seeing so much talent wasted. Ok done whining lol

Every team currently has a "dips**t" head coach unless it's the chiefs. They're literally on their way to win 3 straight SBs which has never happened before.

so yeah whine away about the same thing every time has to deal with
Originally posted by NYniner85:

what adjustments is Minn making lol? LA has been dog s**t this yr…what adjustments did they make when they lost their pro-bowl WRs? They're 23rd in PPG. 49ers are currently 8th in PPG and that's with all kinds of injuries all the same.

Horrible example to further a bias narrative

I am definitely biased when it comes to Kyle. No doubt about it. I don't think he is nearly as good as you guys think he is and the evidence supporting that theory is mounting week by week. The rams held the vikes to 6 points in the second half and worked around Flores to put up 30. As I stated, I was more impressed with the rams. Both teams already beat Kyle this year so there is that. And by the looks of it the next time we face the rams it will be another L and it wont be close. At this rate we not win more than 6 games this year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Darnold was a complete scrub with Shany. With Oconnell he's a star. What does that tell you?

wtf are you talking about? He only had 2 games with serious playing time. Ravens after Purdy got hurt and Rams game end of the year with most of the starters out.

"Complete scrub" and "star"

You sure do love overreactions with nothing behind them.

I am definitely biased when it comes to Kyle. No doubt about it. I don't think he is nearly as good as you guys think he is and the evidence supporting that theory is mounting week by week. The rams held the vikes to 6 points in the second half and worked around Flores to put up 30. As I stated, I was more impressed with the rams. Both teams already beat Kyle this year so there is that. And by the looks of it the next time we face the rams it will be another L and it wont be close. At this rate we not win more than 6 games this year.

The Vikings have proven thus far that they stink outside of their first 15 scripted plays. There's evidence of that. Where was the adjustments vs the Bears, AZ, lions, packers etc?

As far as Mcvay where was all this creative adjusting when he lost his WRs? 23rd in the NFL in PPG. Missed FG costed SF the W vs LA. And I think both o'Connell and McVey are good HCs as well
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 25, 2024 at 8:03 AM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Well....I get what he is saying....

The 49ers were well known for parting with all-pro... HOF level players

Craig, Lott, Holt, Montana all come instantly to mind.

This is really a 3rd contract conversation ...not a second contract thing.

I think at the end of the day....maybe what Walsh was able to do compared to his peers at the time...is recognize when the system is working, and when the player is making the system work....

If you can resist falling in love with your own players...it probably helps in "reloading" for the next run.

This era really is different....you need production per dollar...plus you can't just coach up suitable replacements...you don't have the time. So you need smart guys who can "get it" quickly.

There are tons of examples up and down the bench on those teams, but QB is probably the most visible and well known. You had Montana, Young, and Bono on the sidelines.....3 very good pro-bowl QBs...a whole lot of positions had NFL starters as depth Safety was another one with dudes who went on to be pro-bowlers...just sitting on the bench.....

Today that would be like having Brady, Mahomes, and Kurt Cousins

With no salary cap, and an endless amount of time to work with players...you could uncover and stack depth. Montana has talk about 80 hour work weeks watching film.....was he exaggerating? Maybe...possibly....but that is a super far cry from today where Brock is not allowed...per CBA to spend more then 2 hours per week with his position coach.

Times are different...we can't have super expensive depth guys( young was a million dollar back, in a league that had 20 or so teams not paying their starter 1m), and invest tons of coaching time to get backups ready to take over.

I would think Walsh had a much easier time parting ways with players knowing his backups were NFL starters in some cases pro-bowl/hof level players.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Darnold was a complete scrub with Shany. With Oconnell he's a star. What does that tell you?

wtf are you talking about? He only had 2 games with serious playing time. Ravens after Purdy got hurt and Rams game end of the year with most of the starters out.

"Complete scrub" and "star"

You sure do love overreactions with nothing behind them.

Dude he's a troll. At least sus was good at it 😆
Originally posted by NYniner85:

The Vikings have proven thus far that they stink outside of their first 15 scripted plays. There's evidence of that. Where was the adjustments vs the Bears, AZ, lions, packers etc?

As far as Mcvay where was all this creative adjusting when he lost his WRs? 23rd in the NFL in PPG. Missed FG costed SF the W vs LA. And I think both o'Connell and McVey are good HCs as well

I think GB and Detroit are bigger threats than the Vikings. Darnold has historically always faded as the season goes on.
I truly do believe there will come a point in time where Shanahan is actually stunting Brocks growth. Shanahan is his own worst enemy and has been the last 5 years.
Share 49ersWebzone