There are 174 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Baldie:
No audibles at the line of scrimmage. What kind of coach does that to his QB? No wonder we are at such a disadvantage.

🤡

Wonder if teams know this. Spags does a great job of hiding their blitz packages. Even if Purdy can anticipate where it's coming from, he can't do anything about it because he can't audible and just has to make the best of the play. Is it control that shanny has to have? Doesn't make sense.

Stubborn Kyle. Thinking his play is perfect and you must run it.

The QB can literally audible from a run to a pass play. Brock does it all the time when he says can can. Each play has a built in "audible" if there is potential for a blitz. Acting like Kyle doesn't have anything in place for the offense in these scenarios is showing how little you know. Go watch the film breakdown and learn something inside of making up stuff all day

Canning to the second play… we do this alot.

not sure I've ever heard purdy call an actual audible. He may have, but I haven't noticed it.

also, everyone can see him canning the plays. The super obvious miscommunication here is the reporters also hear the canned plays and asked the audible question anyhow. Perhaps they weren't asking if purdy could can plays or not.
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 25, 2024 at 3:55 PM ]
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by Baldie:
No audibles at the line of scrimmage. What kind of coach does that to his QB? No wonder we are at such a disadvantage.

🤡

Wonder if teams know this. Spags does a great job of hiding their blitz packages. Even if Purdy can anticipate where it's coming from, he can't do anything about it because he can't audible and just has to make the best of the play. Is it control that shanny has to have? Doesn't make sense.

Stubborn Kyle. Thinking his play is perfect and you must run it.

The QB can literally audible from a run to a pass play. Brock does it all the time when he says can can. Each play has a built in "audible" if there is potential for a blitz. Acting like Kyle doesn't have anything in place for the offense in these scenarios is showing how little you know. Go watch the film breakdown and learn something inside of making up stuff all day

not sure I've ever heard purdy call an actual audible. He may have, but I haven't noticed it.

also, everyone can see him canning the plays. The super obvious miscommunication here is the reporters also hear the canned plays and asked the audible question anyhow. Perhaps they weren't asking if purdy could can plays or not.
All teams have the can option. But to me too truly audible would be something along the lines of what a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady would do.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Just wondering what the Kyle fan club thought of last nights game in terms of a coaching staff comparison. I was impressed by both teams but especially impressed by the adjustments the rams made on both sides of the ball. It's becoming clearer by the week Kyle is not it. We seem discombobulated compared to other teams. Yes injuries play a role but we have so much talent. System needs to be adjusted and if he can't do it we need to start looking for a replacement. I keep waiting for his genius to show up and it's MIA.

what adjustments is Minn making lol? LA has been dog s**t this yr…what adjustments did they make when they lost their pro-bowl WRs? They're 23rd in PPG. 49ers are currently 8th in PPG and that's with all kinds of injuries all the same.

Horrible example to further a bias narrative

And to add, we're 3rd in yards. We were 2nd before the last game. This isn't a post saying nothing is wrong, but I'm tired of people going to the extreme acting like Jim Hostler or Jimmy Raye is calling plays.

We can do a lot better but our offense isn't bad.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Just wondering what the Kyle fan club thought of last nights game in terms of a coaching staff comparison. I was impressed by both teams but especially impressed by the adjustments the rams made on both sides of the ball. It's becoming clearer by the week Kyle is not it. We seem discombobulated compared to other teams. Yes injuries play a role but we have so much talent. System needs to be adjusted and if he can't do it we need to start looking for a replacement. I keep waiting for his genius to show up and it's MIA.

what adjustments is Minn making lol? LA has been dog s**t this yr…what adjustments did they make when they lost their pro-bowl WRs? They're 23rd in PPG. 49ers are currently 8th in PPG and that's with all kinds of injuries all the same.

And to add, we're 3rd in yards. We were 2nd before the last game. This isn't a post saying nothing is wrong, but I'm tired of people going to the extreme acting like Jim Hostler or Jimmy Raye is calling plays.

The Vikings put up less point against LA than we did, despite having their full arsenal of weapons, and playing at home. so....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

The Vikings put up less point against LA than we did, despite having their full arsenal of weapons, and playing at home. so....

Not to mention the Vikings have a much better defense than the 9ers and they still got 30 put on them.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

Canning is calling an audible.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I truly do believe there will come a point in time where Shanahan is actually stunting Brocks growth. Shanahan is his own worst enemy and has been the last 5 years.

I know 5 yrs 2 NFCCs LOSSES and 2 SBs LOSSES with a turd sandwich at QB in one WITH A 10 POINT LEAD AND HALF A QUARTER LEFT IN THE GAME, and the other was basically a rookie coming off a UCL injury WHO ALMOST WON MVP THAT SEASON.

Go be a fan of some other team that has zero chance to make it go a SB. Take your pick that's about 70% of the league

The spin is amazing with this one. I added context to your post. You must have accidentally left some anecdotes out…

Spin lol. You're not a 49er fan GTFO and go root for the Jags. Give yourself something to really cry about

Yeah I agree. I'm also not saying everything is perfect. For sure there's issues…the amount of over the top crap in here is what I'm pointing out.
Originally posted by bud49:
All teams have the can option. But to me too truly audible would be something along the lines of what a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady would do.

Share 49ersWebzone