Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 185 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

There are so many games on TV now that there aren't enough good broadcasters to go around. Throwing an ex athlete in as a color man has become the norm even though they aren't really pros. Between college and the NFL there are nearly 60 games each week shown on the major channels. Add the sports networks like BIG10, ACC and SEC and the number is even larger.

Brady is just starting out and has a lot to learn. At least he's not a screaming idiot like Joe Tessatore. He sounds like he's filling his shorts every time a player makes any half way decent play. He's the same way on boxing where he acts like a jab was a thunderous left hook.
Originally posted by BP13:
I went to high school in the town Madden lived in and he would sit on the bench in front of the local market all day each Saturday and talk about football with any just about anyone who asked. Just actually sit there all day, and he was the nicest and kindest guy, very approachable.

That is pretty cool, did you talk football with Madden at the market? Even when the 9ers weren't doing well, it was kind of ok because at least there was Madden. He just made games better, win or lose.
Originally posted by Montana:
I went to high school in the town Madden lived in and he would sit on the bench in front of the local market all day each Saturday and talk about football with any just about anyone who asked. Just actually sit there all day, and he was the nicest and kindest guy, very approachable.

That is pretty cool, did you talk football with Madden at the market? Even when the 9ers weren't doing well, it was kind of ok because at least there was Madden. He just made games better, win or lose.
I was a teenager then, and I was a huge fan, but I only said hello several times. I was afraid to bring up football, thought I'd make a fool of myself, lol. This is on the Central Coast, CA
I was a teenager then, and I was a huge fan, but I only said hello several times. I was afraid to bring up football, thought I'd make a fool of myself, lol. This is on the Central Coast, CA

Aww, he seemed so nice, he probably would have loved chatting. But I totally get it lol.
Originally posted by Montana:

Aww, he seemed so nice, he probably would have loved chatting. But I totally get it lol.

I feel for the younger guys that never got the Madden experience. There is no one else like him...

If you like the NBA crew with Shaq, Kenny and Charles....that is kinda what Madden could deliver....

When we loose the NBA crew ...well......that is going to suck too
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I feel for the younger guys that never got the Madden experience. There is no one else like him...

If you like the NBA crew with Shaq, Kenny and Charles....that is kinda what Madden could deliver....

When we loose the NBA crew ...well......that is going to suck too

There are always reruns available to watch but not the same. I kinda feel for those who have never seen us win a Lombardi. Just us to crumple and die at the last minute lol
Share 49ersWebzone