There are 221 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

There are so many games on TV now that there aren't enough good broadcasters to go around. Throwing an ex athlete in as a color man has become the norm even though they aren't really pros. Between college and the NFL there are nearly 60 games each week shown on the major channels. Add the sports networks like BIG10, ACC and SEC and the number is even larger.

Brady is just starting out and has a lot to learn. At least he's not a screaming idiot like Joe Tessatore. He sounds like he's filling his shorts every time a player makes any half way decent play. He's the same way on boxing where he acts like a jab was a thunderous left hook.
Originally posted by BP13:
I went to high school in the town Madden lived in and he would sit on the bench in front of the local market all day each Saturday and talk about football with any just about anyone who asked. Just actually sit there all day, and he was the nicest and kindest guy, very approachable.

That is pretty cool, did you talk football with Madden at the market? Even when the 9ers weren't doing well, it was kind of ok because at least there was Madden. He just made games better, win or lose.
Originally posted by Montana:
I went to high school in the town Madden lived in and he would sit on the bench in front of the local market all day each Saturday and talk about football with any just about anyone who asked. Just actually sit there all day, and he was the nicest and kindest guy, very approachable.

That is pretty cool, did you talk football with Madden at the market? Even when the 9ers weren't doing well, it was kind of ok because at least there was Madden. He just made games better, win or lose.
I was a teenager then, and I was a huge fan, but I only said hello several times. I was afraid to bring up football, thought I'd make a fool of myself, lol. This is on the Central Coast, CA
I was a teenager then, and I was a huge fan, but I only said hello several times. I was afraid to bring up football, thought I'd make a fool of myself, lol. This is on the Central Coast, CA

Aww, he seemed so nice, he probably would have loved chatting. But I totally get it lol.

Aww, he seemed so nice, he probably would have loved chatting. But I totally get it lol.

I feel for the younger guys that never got the Madden experience. There is no one else like him...

If you like the NBA crew with Shaq, Kenny and Charles....that is kinda what Madden could deliver....

When we loose the NBA crew ...well......that is going to suck too
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I feel for the younger guys that never got the Madden experience. There is no one else like him...

If you like the NBA crew with Shaq, Kenny and Charles....that is kinda what Madden could deliver....

There are always reruns available to watch but not the same. I kinda feel for those who have never seen us win a Lombardi. Just us to crumple and die at the last minute lol
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Just wondering what the Kyle fan club thought of last nights game in terms of a coaching staff comparison. I was impressed by both teams but especially impressed by the adjustments the rams made on both sides of the ball. It's becoming clearer by the week Kyle is not it. We seem discombobulated compared to other teams. Yes injuries play a role but we have so much talent. System needs to be adjusted and if he can't do it we need to start looking for a replacement. I keep waiting for his genius to show up and it's MIA.

what adjustments is Minn making lol? LA has been dog s**t this yr…what adjustments did they make when they lost their pro-bowl WRs? They're 23rd in PPG. 49ers are currently 8th in PPG and that's with all kinds of injuries all the same.

Horrible example to further a bias narrative

And to add, we're 3rd in yards. We were 2nd before the last game. This isn't a post saying nothing is wrong, but I'm tired of people going to the extreme acting like Jim Hostler or Jimmy Raye is calling plays.

We can do a lot better but our offense isn't bad.

Yeah I agree. I'm also not saying everything is perfect. For sure there's issues…the amount of over the top crap in here is what I'm pointing out.

You can argue for your guy all you want but you know you are fighting an uphill battle right? He's in his 8th year. He has lost 2 super bowls to the same team. He has lost to that Super Bowl team 5 straight times. His team is now old and is actually starting to look it on game day. Papa York was just at the practice facility. Sorry my friend but your guy Kyle is on borrowed time, I don't care what arguments or what stats you come with, Kyle's on his way out, whether it's this year or next season. But by all means, continue to call us losers and non fans for not buying into Kyle's BS anymore.

Originally posted by Dshearn:

Madden would have loved Trent Williams.

CHOKER Shany. So bad they make videos out of it.

So now that we can say for certain special teams suck, our offensive scheme is ineffective in the red zone, our players are making constant mistakes (started and backups alike), our o-line has no idea who they are supposed to be blocking on passing plays… so on and so on…..if none of that changes today against the cowboys can we place the blame directly on kyle?

the opposite would be true as well. If we make improvements to any of our known issues should Kyle get the credit?
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Ben Johnson: the real offensive genius
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
So now that we can say for certain special teams suck, our offensive scheme is ineffective in the red zone, our players are making constant mistakes (started and backups alike), our o-line has no idea who they are supposed to be blocking on passing plays… so on and so on…..if none of that changes today against the cowboys can we place the blame directly on kyle?

the opposite would be true as well. If we make improvements to any of our known issues should Kyle get the credit?

Depends by make improvement do you mean Super Bowl or bust?

If Shanny turned the season around and got deep into the playoffs should that get him 1 more year?
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

nice explanation of why our offense is different than previous years!
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

Depends by make improvement do you mean Super Bowl or bust?

If Shanny turned the season around and got deep into the playoffs should that get him 1 more year?

Naw I'm not going so far as to call for his removal. I'd just like to see improvement in the known areas of weakness… and a lot of them appear (at least to me) to be issues a coach would be responsible for. I don't mind a losing season at all… the losses this year have just been extraordinarily brutal in many ways.

I like Kyle. A lot. Not as much this year, but the coaching changeover and injuries provide adequate alibis for a down season. I'd be a lot more encouraged, though, if we would reserve the losses for teams obviously better than us. And if we could put a few games together where the scheme and mental errors were obviously not to blame, I'd consider that a win.
Share 49ersWebzone