There are 237 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He came very, very close to collapsing another lead. We were lucky to sneak out of there. It was 27 - 10. We barely won. No lead is safe with Kyle.

Nope. He almost did it again. The guy just doesn't learn. On the positive side he made adjustments after the half. We came out cooking but the end of the game was puzzling. We gave them the ball with 3.5 min. that s**t costs you the game against decent teams.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
He came very, very close to collapsing another lead. We were lucky to sneak out of there. It was 27 - 10. We barely won. No lead is safe with Kyle.

Nope. He almost did it again. The guy just doesn't learn. On the positive side he made adjustments after the half. We came out cooking but the end of the game was puzzling. We gave them the ball with 3.5 min. that s**t costs you the game against decent teams.

Lost in all the excitement is we almost lost again. Kyle just can't close out games. We were lucky to win this. We were up 17 points. My goodness he needs to be so much better if we are ever to win. This is why I just don't think he is the guy.
Please Kyle try and score touch downs when we are in front in the last quarter.

It has cost us two games already and you make Dak even look good.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Lost in all the excitement is we almost lost again. Kyle just can't close out games. We were lucky to win this. We were up 17 points. My goodness he needs to be so much better if we are ever to win. This is why I just don't think he is the guy.

3rd and inches for an OBVIOUS QB Sneak to further demoralize a team who's neck were stepping on and he calls a cute play deep pass over the middle. This is the problem of Kyle Shanahan. He can't manage games. He has no situational awareness that's why no team is ever out of it…
Originally posted by DrEll:

3rd and inches for an OBVIOUS QB Sneak to further demoralize a team who's neck were stepping on and he calls a cute play deep pass over the middle. This is the problem of Kyle Shanahan. He can't manage games. He has no situational awareness that's why no team is ever out of it…

Yeah I agree with those. It's true.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Still...

#BenJohnson2025

and you are sure he is a good HC?

A guy who is a good OC and blew a big lead in the NFCCG?

isnt that the complaint about Kyle?

Kyle has done it MULTIPLE times.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Kyle's has shortcomings no doubt, but he's not going anywhere. What we need is Purdy to bring out the best in him by not letting him f**k things up in crunch time. Coaches NEED their franchise QB to save them from themselves sometimes.
Originally posted by DrEll:

Yeah I agree with those. It's true.

No question about it. Truth.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Kyle's has shortcomings no doubt, but he's not going anywhere. What we need is Purdy to bring out the best in him by not letting him f**k things up in crunch time. Coaches NEED their franchise QB to save them from themselves sometimes.

He does need somebody to stand up to him sometimes. But he likes a yes man. Which is why he likes Purdy. Purdy is young and such a nice kid he doesn't like confrontation. Aaron Rodgers for example would stand up to him and his stupid ways. Just by being a veteran player. I think Kyle very much picks those who won't stand up to him on purpose. It's not an accident.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

Brock already did that for Shanahan in the last playoffs.

Dude almost blew yet another lead to a crippled terrible Cowboys team. Really needs to fix his garbage ass DC.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Nice win, use the bye to get healed up
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

He does need somebody to stand up to him sometimes. But he likes a yes man. Which is why he likes Purdy. Purdy is young and such a nice kid he doesn't like confrontation. Aaron Rodgers for example would stand up to him and his stupid ways. Just by being a veteran player. I think Kyle very much picks those who won't stand up to him on purpose. It's not an accident.

I agree 100% and that's the very thing holding him back. Rodgers is a great example of a QB who goes too far with it. He actually needs a strong minded coach to save him from himself. So it goes both ways. Finding the right dynamic between head coach and QB is so important. It's what made Belichick/Brady and Walsh/Montana so special. It's what Reid/Mahomes have. Kyle/Purdy won't beat them until they figure this out together.
Shanahan confirmed in his press conference that Brock called "Can" changing that 3rd and 1 play to a pass. Had Pearsall wide open if Guerendo makes the block.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Koldo:

Brock already did that for Shanahan in the last playoffs.

I agree 100%. I was at the NFCCG and it was palpable. Purdy just absolutely let loose and said "F this system I'm going to win this game."

He needs more of that. Chirp back at Kyle every once in a while. Change a damn play in the huddle. Audible or go completely off script. SOMETHING to assert himself as an equal to Kyle.

That is what will get him his $60M/year contract and Kyle over the hump for Lombardi #6.
Share 49ersWebzone