49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 362 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Kyle's has shortcomings no doubt, but he's not going anywhere. What we need is Purdy to bring out the best in him by not letting him f**k things up in crunch time. Coaches NEED their franchise QB to save them from themselves sometimes.

Brock already did that for Shanahan in the last playoffs.

I agree 100%. I was at the NFCCG and it was palpable. Purdy just absolutely let loose and said "F this system I'm going to win this game."

He needs more of that. Chirp back at Kyle every once in a while. Change a damn play in the huddle. Audible or go completely off script. SOMETHING to assert himself as an equal to Kyle.

That is what will get him his $60M/year contract and Kyle over the hump for Lombardi #6.

Yeah that's what it will take. Kyle stupidity won't get it done.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Kyle's has shortcomings no doubt, but he's not going anywhere. What we need is Purdy to bring out the best in him by not letting him f**k things up in crunch time. Coaches NEED their franchise QB to save them from themselves sometimes.

Brock already did that for Shanahan in the last playoffs.

I agree 100%. I was at the NFCCG and it was palpable. Purdy just absolutely let loose and said "F this system I'm going to win this game."

He needs more of that. Chirp back at Kyle every once in a while. Change a damn play in the huddle. Audible or go completely off script. SOMETHING to assert himself as an equal to Kyle.

That is what will get him his $60M/year contract and Kyle over the hump for Lombardi #6.

Lmao
Kyle and his team came through In the end, but we we're so close to throwing away yet another game.

These late game meltdowns seriously need to stop happening. So frustrating to see.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Kyle and his team came through In the end, but we we're so close to throwing away yet another game.

These late game meltdowns seriously need to stop happening. So frustrating to see.

Yeah I agree.
We beat a horrid Dallas team without their best defensive player.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Lmao

You don't think Brock will be successful as player/playcaller?

it's like it's 2021 all over again. Same argument from then. If we just let Brock call all the plays he will turn into Peyton Manning.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
We beat a horrid Dallas team without their best defensive player.

And without a 4-5 of our best players
Well, that didn't stop us in the 3rd quarter.

We literally played one quarter oof football.

The rest was gobbledigook.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Lmao

it's like it's 2021 all over again. Same argument from then. If we just let Brock call all the plays he will turn into Peyton Manning.

I see the hyperbole from you clowns isn't limited to politics. Who said Purdy should call all of the plays?

Andy Reid literally has practice sessions where he allows Mahomes and the offense to draw up their own plays. Mahomes and Kelce have talked about changing plays and routes at the LOS based on defensive alignment.

Can that sometimes go too far and cost teams wins? Of course. But we're talking about Kyle here, he's a control freak. I don't think we have to worry about Purdy turning into Willie Beamon.
Lmao

I see the hyperbole from you clowns isn't limited to politics. Who said Purdy should call all of the plays?

Andy Reid literally has practice sessions where he allows Mahomes and the offense to draw up their own plays. Mahomes and Kelce have talked about changing plays and routes at the LOS based on defensive alignment.

Can that sometimes go too far and cost teams wins? Of course. But we're talking about Kyle here, he's a control freak. I don't think we have to worry about Purdy turning into Willie Beamon.

Lol at the politics comment. 160 IQ 🤡

Purdy isn't Mahomes.

Purdy still needs to learn to believe in himself and his instincts.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Purdy isn't Mahomes.

Purdy still needs to learn to believe in himself and his instincts.

Correct, they are two different human beings. Thanks for letting us know RonnieBott

Brock going off script trying to make plays has hurt this season easily as much as it's helped.

Patrick Mahomes can do those things with Kelce because they are Hall of Famers. Same with Brady.

3 years ago you were saying the same thing about Jimmy. He gets the freedom and turns into a pumpkin. While I think Brock would still be a good QB elsewhere he wouldn't be what he is here.

You keep promoting the BS he doesn't audible too. Flat out wrong. Heroism has documented how wrong it is.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 27, 2024 at 9:55 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Brock going off script trying to make plays has hurt this season easily as much as it's helped.

Patrick Mahomes can do those things with Kelce because they are Hall of Famers. Same with Brady.

3 years ago you were saying the same thing about Jimmy. He gets the freedom and turns into a pumpkin. While I think Brock would still be a good QB elsewhere he wouldn't be what he is here.

You keep promoting the BS he doesn't audible too. Flat out wrong. Heroism has documented how wrong it is.

Yes Jimmy needed to push back against Kyle. He finally did and played the best ball of his career. Did you honestly forget that?

Purdy has more talent in one foot than Jimmy ever did, so sky's the limit for him. Same concept still applies though.

Mahomes and Kelce weren't HOF'ers until they became HOF'ers together by doing exactly what I'm describing. Lol.

What exactly are you defending anyway? Kyle choking with a lead? Turning his QB's into robots and coaching out any creativity that they have?
Yes Jimmy needed to push back against Kyle. He finally did and played the best ball of his career. Did you honestly forget that?

Purdy has more talent in one foot than Jimmy ever did, so sky's the limit for him. Same concept still applies though.

Mahomes and Kelce weren't HOF'ers until they became HOF'ers together by doing exactly what I'm describing. Lol.

What exactly are you defending anyway? Kyle choking with a lead? Turning his QB's into robots and coaching out any creativity that they have?

His best ball was in 2017. In 2022 he had a great half against the Rams and a great game vs Arizona. Was same ol Jimmy the other games. Brick comes in and the team instantly becomes a contender. Why? Because he hit the plays ther were there far more consistently and made a few plays with his legs.

Brock isn't being coached out of his creativity. He shows it every week. The problem is he's doing too much of it. He even admitted after the game he was missing open guys.

Brock isn't the talent Mahomes is. He can't be off scripting to the degree they do. If anything he needs to throw it away more and check down more. Live to fight another down.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 27, 2024 at 10:14 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone