There are 273 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Furlow:
We can quibble about 2017 vs 2022 but either way it proves my point. Playing the QB position like a robot or "extension of the coach" is not a championship winning formula. It does win most games though so I guess if you're okay with always falling short.

Maybe creativity is the wrong word, and I'm not sure what the right word is. Maybe it's defiance. Pushback. It's clear that Kyle prefers to dominate his QB's and coaches that out of his QB's. Again I'm not saying I want someone like Rodgers who goes too far as well, a balance is necessary.

Bottom line Kyle chokes with a lead. If Purdy is going to be "the guy" then he can't just go down with the ship like a good sailor. He's going to have to do something to save Kyle from himself.

You mean like running around looking for an opening then getting a huge sack leading to 4th and forever without a kicker.

I don't want Brock having the freedom Mahomes has because he doesn't have the skillet to make the miraculous plays like Patrick does as consistently. If anything Kyle needs to save Brock from himself sometimes. I would agree there needs to be a balance bit it doesn't involve Brock calling his own plays. They need to spend the bye really going over the offense and analyzing where the struggles are within the system and get on same page.

I'm all for Brock running for extra yards. The running around with your head cut off trying to find people needs to be lessened though. Throw it away and live another down.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 28, 2024 at 9:03 AM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by captveg:
Purdy has had his top 2 RBs out all year and his top 3 WRs in/out all year. Seeing some problems with the chemistry between Purdy and the younger guys at RB/WR is not all that shocking, IMO.

I'm pretty sure Mason was ahead of Mitchell

They were battling for #2 IIRC. Still, it's obvious Mason is not the threat/blocker in the passing game CMC is, and IMO Mitchell was also better in that regard.
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 28, 2024 at 9:03 AM ]
Purdy has had his top 2 RBs out all year and his top 3 WRs in/out all year. Seeing some problems with the chemistry between Purdy and the younger guys at RB/WR is not all that shocking, IMO.

I'm pretty sure Mason was ahead of Mitchell

They were battling for #2 IIRC. Still, it's obvious Mason is not the threat/blocker in the passing game CMC is, and IMO Mitchell was also better in that regard.

I might be remembering it wrong I just think they were giving Mason games off in the preseason while Mitchell played. Usually if your playing it's cause your further down.

no argument on the latter.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Oct 28, 2024 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by communist:
The 49ers came out flat and were losing at halftime. Then Kyle Shanahan made the right halftime adjustments and the 49ers reeled off 24 unanswered points. That was Good Kyle. Then the 49ers almost gave away a 17-point fourth-quarter lead. That was Bad Kyle. With 3:25 left and the 49ers leading by just 6 points, the offense faced 2nd and 3, and for some strange reason, Shanahan called a pass. No one blocked DeMarvion Overshown who blindsided Purdy and sacked him. The 49ers are extremely lucky that Purdy didn't fumble. There was absolutely no reason to pass in that situation. Which means Kyle almost Kyled. You know exactly what I mean. Fortunately for the 49ers, Dak Dak'd harder than Kyle ever could Kyle.
I know who I citing. Still, I am getting tired by this BS Kyle is pulling off again and again.
His arrogance will kick him out of this job in the next two years if he doesn't start learning from these mistakes.

Shanahan confirmed that Purdy audibled "can" to a pass on that 2nd and 3 sack. Had Ricky wide open for a huge gain if Guerendo makes his block. That's where CMC is really missed.
i thought that there aren't any audibles?

Only those that don't understand the offense think that. Or their definition of "audibles" is completely off.
too lazy to look for right now, hence in text:
Purdy stated a few days ago that there are no audibles, the call has an answer to everything...did i misinterpret him?
jonnydel still posting coaches film videos?
too lazy to look for right now, hence in text:
Purdy stated a few days ago that there are no audibles...did i misinterpret him?

He never said that.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I love my coach
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I love my coach

That is actually pretty funny. Good for Kyle.
Again I see the contradictory complaints of Shanahan being too conservative while complaining about passing too much. Such a bizarre pattern.

We have special fans

Not aggressive enough/too conservative.... yet he called a pass play on 3rd and 1 with a 10 point lead.

And they b***hed about him being aggressive/not being conservative.

jonnydel still posting coaches film videos?

Yep. Good they are, too.
Originally posted by evil:
Again I see the contradictory complaints of Shanahan being too conservative while complaining about passing too much. Such a bizarre pattern.

We have special fans

Not aggressive enough/too conservative.... yet he called a pass play on 3rd and 1 with a 10 point lead.

I can already see the predictable posters bringing up a draw play on 3 and 10.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Furlow:
We can quibble about 2017 vs 2022 but either way it proves my point. Playing the QB position like a robot or "extension of the coach" is not a championship winning formula. It does win most games though so I guess if you're okay with always falling short.

Maybe creativity is the wrong word, and I'm not sure what the right word is. Maybe it's defiance. Pushback. It's clear that Kyle prefers to dominate his QB's and coaches that out of his QB's. Again I'm not saying I want someone like Rodgers who goes too far as well, a balance is necessary.

Bottom line Kyle chokes with a lead. If Purdy is going to be "the guy" then he can't just go down with the ship like a good sailor. He's going to have to do something to save Kyle from himself.

You mean like running around looking for an opening then getting a huge sack leading to 4th and forever without a kicker.

I don't want Brock having the freedom Mahomes has because he doesn't have the skillet to make the miraculous plays like Patrick does as consistently. If anything Kyle needs to save Brock from himself sometimes. I would agree there needs to be a balance bit it doesn't involve Brock calling his own plays. They need to spend the bye really going over the offense and analyzing where the struggles are within the system and get on same page.

I'm all for Brock running for extra yards. The running around with your head cut off trying to find people needs to be lessened though. Throw it away and live another down.

That comes with experience. It did work last year vs Detroit in the NFCC game. I think the first half was all Kyle "stick with what I tell you", and the team faltered. In the second half, I think Brock decided to take matters into his own hands and improvise and the team made a glorious comeback.

no doubt Kyle holds this team back on more ways than one…

We have special fans

I can already see the predictable posters bringing up a draw play on 3 and 10.

Was that the one where Brock called an audible on the first drive?
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

We have special fans

Nice spin. Kyle sucks at GAME MANAGEMENT. That's all inclusive of being too conservative when you should be aggressive, and being too aggressive when you should be conservative. That 3rd and inches did not warrant a home run play, especially when your up by 17 and trying to milk the clock. That handoff to Juice while in the redzone was not warranted, when you're 10 yards away and direly needing a TD.

too bad you guys don't get it…
Share 49ersWebzone