There are 262 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I hope Kyle got ossified last night the dude looked worn out lol

Kyle is a drunk. He was drunk at the Super Bowl and he always looks hungover when not lit up on a bender.

That's some accusation. He looks like he barely gets enough sleep and ill give him a pass for being buzzed on media day lol
Last night was probably one of the best showcases of what Kyle is.

I thought the plays were well designed. Creativity in the red zone. Aside from the bootleg with one yard to go (and even that one hindsight is 20/20) most plays made sense and were dialed well. That Pearsall endaround was getting set up all night. Kyle was in his bag for sure.

But then theres the 4th quarter collapse and offense unable to close the game. Again. This time defense actually made a stop against a pretty weak offensive team. This didnt work against cards or rams. Offense cant let these teams hang around. And Kyle it seems this year cannot make a right decision - when he goes conservative, it backfires. He goes aggressive and loses time on the clock and still has to go conservative. Its that type of year where they have a lot of close games and Kyle still struggles in them in terms of closing out on offense.

Out of three drives that really mattered in the fourth quarter, the offense went three and out on two of those. One went for a FG after one 40 yard chunk play (Pearsall run).
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Last night was probably one of the best showcases of what Kyle is.

I thought the plays were well designed. Creativity in the red zone. Aside from the bootleg with one yard to go (and even that one hindsight is 20/20) most plays made sense and were dialed well. That Pearsall endaround was getting set up all night. Kyle was in his bag for sure.

But then theres the 4th quarter collapse and offense unable to close the game. Again. This time defense actually made a stop against a pretty weak offensive team. This didnt work against cards or rams. Offense cant let these teams hang around. And Kyle it seems this year cannot make a right decision - when he goes conservative, it backfires. He goes aggressive and loses time on the clock and still has to go conservative. Its that type of year where they have a lot of close games and Kyle still struggles in them in terms of closing out on offense.

Out of three drives that really mattered in the fourth quarter, the offense went three and out on two of those. One went for a FG after one 40 yard chunk play (Pearsall run).

True.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by captveg:
The 49ers came out flat and were losing at halftime. Then Kyle Shanahan made the right halftime adjustments and the 49ers reeled off 24 unanswered points. That was Good Kyle. Then the 49ers almost gave away a 17-point fourth-quarter lead. That was Bad Kyle. With 3:25 left and the 49ers leading by just 6 points, the offense faced 2nd and 3, and for some strange reason, Shanahan called a pass. No one blocked DeMarvion Overshown who blindsided Purdy and sacked him. The 49ers are extremely lucky that Purdy didn't fumble. There was absolutely no reason to pass in that situation. Which means Kyle almost Kyled. You know exactly what I mean. Fortunately for the 49ers, Dak Dak'd harder than Kyle ever could Kyle.
I know who I citing. Still, I am getting tired by this BS Kyle is pulling off again and again.
His arrogance will kick him out of this job in the next two years if he doesn't start learning from these mistakes.

Shanahan confirmed that Purdy audibled "can" to a pass on that 2nd and 3 sack. Had Ricky wide open for a huge gain if Guerendo makes his block. That's where CMC is really missed.
i thought that there aren't any audibles?

Only those that don't understand the offense think that. Or their definition of "audibles" is completely off.
too lazy to look for right now, hence in text:
Purdy stated a few days ago that there are no audibles, the call has an answer to everything...did i misinterpret him?

He's given at least two plays in the huddle. And he'll "can" the first play if the first play doesn't look favorable OR he can "Oscar" it..which I think means opposite.
what I think he meant in press conference is that he doesn't outright change the play and call out a totally different play..ala Paintin Manning
[ Edited by CrankDatCrabtree on Oct 28, 2024 at 1:08 PM ]
There were definitely some noticeable improvements in the way the game was called. A few things that still don't make sense: we still do not have hot routes.

For example, the 4th down that was thrown behind Deebo. If you watch that play, it is a true cover zero. All Deebo has to do is take 2 steps and run a small slant and look back at Purdy and it's a 1st down, possibly a TD. Instead Deebo has to run his entire route (which was a crosser) and Purdy has to wait for it to develop, allowing more pressure in his face, and forcing him to throw a bit behind Deebo and the drop. Same thing happened on the sack late in the game that Purdy checked to on 2nd and 3 after his run. I don't think he had enough time regardless on this play, but watch the play...Pearsall is running his whole route when all he has to do is just look at Purdy off the line of scrimmage.

That said, there were definitely some improvements and adjustments.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
There were definitely some noticeable improvements in the way the game was called. A few things that still don't make sense: we still do not have hot routes.

For example, the 4th down that was thrown behind Deebo. If you watch that play, it is a true cover zero. All Deebo has to do is take 2 steps and run a small slant and look back at Purdy and it's a 1st down, possibly a TD. Instead Deebo has to run his entire route (which was a crosser) and Purdy has to wait for it to develop, allowing more pressure in his face, and forcing him to throw a bit behind Deebo and the drop. Same thing happened on the sack late in the game that Purdy checked to on 2nd and 3 after his run. I don't think he had enough time regardless on this play, but watch the play...Pearsall is running his whole route when all he has to do is just look at Purdy off the line of scrimmage.

That said, there were definitely some improvements and adjustments.

Maybe it was the opponent that allowed those improvements. Things can change from week to week in the NFL. The Vikings looked like they were the class of the league for 5 weeks. Now they've lost 2 straight. We should all now by now that the real cream doesn't rise to the top until the last 4-6 weeks.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by DrEll:
truth hurts. you guys will get there…eventually.

you had to be crying last night lol

Crying so hard

He's still crying, will be all week long.

Imagine being upset because your favorite football team won a game.
Originally posted by evil:
He's still crying, will be all week long.

It's because it's not their favorite football team. It's because he/she is a troll
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by DrEll:
truth hurts. you guys will get there…eventually.

you had to be crying last night lol

Crying so hard

He's still crying, will be for the next two weeks.

I got yo back
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Oct 28, 2024 at 1:57 PM ]
I though Kyle called a good game overall.

im still waiting for him to call a naked bootleg in the redzone with Brock, just to see if it works. I hated when Wilson would do that to us because everyone was committed to Lynch that he would walk it in untouched. Brock has similar speed as RW.

Like this here

Kyle called a great game. I wish he wouldn't emphasize time of possession so much while trying to protect a small lead
Coaches don't close out games, players do. Gurendo playing two hand touch on Overshown wasn't Kyle, holding on a Deebo tuddy wasn't kyle. Deebo Drop not Kyle, Rookie confusion in secondary x2 not Kyle.

Kyle's system works great when executed.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
I though Kyle called a good game overall.

im still waiting for him to call a naked bootleg in the redzone with Brock, just to see if it works. I hated when Wilson would do that to us because everyone was committed to Lynch that he would walk it in untouched. Brock has similar speed as RW.

Like this here

Totally agree. Easy call and works 99% of the time with a mobile qb like Brock.
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
Coaches don't close out games, players do. Gurendo playing two hand touch on Overshown wasn't Kyle, holding on a Deebo tuddy wasn't kyle. Deebo Drop not Kyle, Rookie confusion in secondary x2 not Kyle.

I don't disagree, but it's the lack of adjustments he makes when he doesn't quite have the right players to fit the system or young players who don't know it. We've seen this quite a bit over the last weeks.
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Originally posted by sick9erfan:

I don't disagree, but it's the lack of adjustments he makes when he doesn't quite have the right players to fit the system or young players who don't know it. We've seen this quite a bit over the last weeks.

Couple things. He absolutely made adjustments in the second half that lead to 21 pts in the 3rd QR.

They're literally trying to get WRs that haven't had time to practice in-season get up to speed with the offense. That s**t takes time.

the constant holding calls killed SF yesterday, imo that's player execution. Play book goes out the window when it's 1st and 20.
Share 49ersWebzone