LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 185 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

He confirmed Kap is gone.
Originally posted by Jcool:

There badly needs to be another RB to make a tandem, ala Coleman, to keep him fresh. Fortunately, this draft looks like the RB version of the 2014 WR class.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerAxe:
Originally posted by Jcool:

There badly needs to be another RB to make a tandem, ala Coleman, to keep him fresh. Fortunately, this draft looks like the RB version of the 2014 WR class.

Please not Fournette. I'd rather have Dalvin Cook.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
That was a damn good interview, I'm still stoked York got Lynch and Shanahan.

Best thing I got from Shanahan's Combine interview:

You can't just look at stats or wins and losses. You have to go back and watch every single play and see if that player moves the way you would want him to.

I don't ever remember Singletary, Harbaugh, Tomsula or Chip Kelly ever say that when evaluating a player.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Well singletary did watch that film
Originally posted by bors:
Well singletary did watch that film

LOL! True!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

You can't just look at stats or wins and losses. You have to go back and watch every single play and see if that player moves the way you would want him to.

I don't ever remember Singletary, Harbaugh, Tomsula or Chip Kelly ever say that when evaluating a player.

Harbaugh wouldn't have seen the benifit in sharing that with the media. All he cared about was winning.

Also he's confirmed they want football guys and they need to have a high character...no Josh Gordon lol.

Id love if they went after Williams and Hightower in FA they fit the bill.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Also he's confirmed they want football guys and they need to have a high character...no Josh Gordon lol.

Williams and Hightower would definitely help the defense in a quick turn around, you just can't go wrong there. Judging by what they did already in signing Earl Mitchell and K'Waun Williams, I'd say we (fans) are in for an exciting off season.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Williams and Hightower would definitely help the defense in a quick turn around, you just can't go wrong there. Judging by what they did already in signing Earl Mitchell and K'Waun Williams, I'd say we (fans) are in for an exciting off season.

arrow up!!
I listened to his latest interview...KS is just awesome !
Shanahan looking for a QB who can process information quickly.

The reporters asked Shanahan what he looked for most in a quarterback, and he talked about the ability to process information quickly. Smart quarterbacks can process information well, but if they cannot do it in a hurry, particularly when under duress, they aren't really going to be all that helpful.

I saw this posted on another forum.

They discussed this at the meeting and Kaepernick is still processing what Shanny said.

Totally agree. He sounds like a coach who is going to make his own evaluations and then decide on what to do going forward. Love the fact that he is not panicking at all about the QB position. Feeling good so far!
Share 49ersWebzone