LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 249 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Damn, dude is so smooth At the podium. He speaks clear, direct, and articulately. If he can head coach half as good as he is on the mic we're gonna be doing things.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Damn, dude is so smooth At the podium. He speaks clear, direct, and articulately. If he can head coach half as good as he is on the mic we're gonna be doing things.

If he farted, he would blame Kawakami in the room and everyone would believe him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Shanahan looking for a QB who can process information quickly.

The reporters asked Shanahan what he looked for most in a quarterback, and he talked about the ability to process information quickly. Smart quarterbacks can process information well, but if they cannot do it in a hurry, particularly when under duress, they aren't really going to be all that helpful.

I saw this posted on another forum.

They discussed this at the meeting and Kaepernick is still processing what Shanny said.

Oh God! Hilarious!

Here's Kyle's own checklist:
Kyle Shanahan Check Box: http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/kyle-shanahans-focus-soon-shifts-quarterback-evaluations
  • Pure thrower (natural throwing motion; born to throw; effortless; to where he doesn't have to think about it ever)
  • Fearless (against the rush; in the pocket; no hesitation; lets it rip)
  • Smart enough (handle the whole offense; handle it all under pressure)
  • Keeps his eyes downfield
  • Tough and hangs in the pocket
  • How he carries himself (leadership; likeable)
  • Passion and determination
  • Can get rid of the ball fast (quick)
  • Quick processer (can go fast in the pocket; can think fast and react)
  • Natural feel of the game (automatic; feel and react)
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 1, 2017 at 2:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

Kerley? --- Signed DeAndre Carter & Rashad Ross and still have Aaron Burbridge & Bruce Ellington
Hodges? --- Potential starting lineup today: SAM: Eli Harold, MIKE: Navarro Bowman & WILL: Ray-Ray Armstrong
Dawson? --- Signed Nick Rose from Atlanta

But I'd really like both Kerley & Hodges resigned.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
That was a damn good interview, I'm still stoked York got Lynch and Shanahan.

Best thing I got from Shanahan's Combine interview:

You can't just look at stats or wins and losses. You have to go back and watch every single play and see if that player moves the way you would want him to.

I don't ever remember Singletary, Harbaugh, Tomsula or Chip Kelly ever say that when evaluating a player.

Totally agree. He sounds like a coach who is going to make his own evaluations and then decide on what to do going forward. Love the fact that he is not panicking at all about the QB position. Feeling good so far!

And Lynch is the same way...I love how he learned via Bill Walsh, how to evaluate players. Bill Walsh had cut up tape of he and Ronnie Lott side-by-side and said, paraphrased, "this is why I believe in you."

Kyle seems the same. He's looking at context to every play he evaluates.
Originally posted by NCommand:
And Lynch is the same way...I love how he learned via Bill Walsh, how to evaluate players. Bill Walsh had cut up tape of he and Ronnie Lott side-by-side and said, paraphrased, "this is why I believe in you."

You mean he doesn't just watch the highlights and then makes up his mind? Hmm...can that work? LOL!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

You mean he doesn't just watch the highlights and then makes up his mind? Hmm...can that work? LOL!

Or play Madden and say, damn, I gotta have that guy!
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
BTW: Did we hire Kyle Shanahan yet?

Hiring Shanahan? Woah woah slow down there buddy. Since when did Chip Kelly get fired?

When was Chip Kelly hired?

Chip who?

Chip who got screwed over w/an in-experienced&lack of personnel boo-boo lol.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Shanahan looking for a QB who can process information quickly.

The reporters asked Shanahan what he looked for most in a quarterback, and he talked about the ability to process information quickly. Smart quarterbacks can process information well, but if they cannot do it in a hurry, particularly when under duress, they aren't really going to be all that helpful.

I saw this posted on another forum.

They discussed this at the meeting and Kaepernick is still processing what Shanny said.

Oh God! Hilarious!

Here's Kyle's own checklist:
Kyle Shanahan Check Box: http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/kyle-shanahans-focus-soon-shifts-quarterback-evaluations
  • Pure thrower (natural throwing motion; born to throw; effortless; to where he doesn't have to think about it ever)
  • Fearless (against the rush; in the pocket; no hesitation; lets it rip)
  • Smart enough (handle the whole offense; handle it all under pressure)
  • Keeps his eyes downfield
  • Tough and hangs in the pocket
  • How he carries himself (leadership; likeable)
  • Passion and determination
  • Can get rid of the ball fast (quick)
  • Quick processer (can go fast in the pocket; can think fast and react)
  • Natural feel of the game (automatic; feel and react)

Glennon might be the guy who ends up being one of those classic NFL success stories if he teams up with Shanny. Please God, sign Pryor, re-sign Kerley and draft Kupp/Zay Jones to develop and another RB. No matter who the QB is you gotta set that foundation.

VA...that's priceless. And it had to be Kawakami, huh. All seriousness aside, you can't help but be impressed with Shanahan. You can definitely see a lot of his Dad in him...and that's a great thing. It's easy to see why he felt so strongly that he was ready to be a HC...and I'm so happy we've got him. He'll make the most out of his time at the combine...evaluating players, working with Lynch and some of the other coaches. I'm really anxious to see who he likes in FA and the draft. Based on what he said about wanting in a QB, it cemented what I've been seeing for awhile now...Patrick Mahomes epitomizes the fearlessness Coach covets so much. I'll be surprised if he doesn't have Lynch draft him, I really will.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Or play Madden and say, damn, I gotta have that guy!

Kerley? --- Signed DeAndre Carter & Rashad Ross and still have Aaron Burbridge & Bruce Ellington
Hodges? --- Potential starting lineup today: SAM: Eli Harold, MIKE: Navarro Bowman & WILL: Ray-Ray Armstrong

No way we let Kerley go. He is at least great depth
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Not if we target someone like John Ross in the draft or take switzer later in the draft and let him battle with Ellington,burbridge, Carter/Ross. Can you imagine Jeffery/Smith on the outside, John Ross in the slot along with McD&Hyde? I think that's when a QB can look better than he is and won't have to do too much.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Mar 1, 2017 at 3:43 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I'd hope not! He's the hard working veteran in the mold and character ShanaLynch want.
Share 49ersWebzone