There are 187 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So you have to be pessimistic to be a realist? thats pretty depressing.

CC moving from one extreme to the other.

i have always been black and white. there is no gray area for me.. gray area is stupid and i hate it
Originally posted by cciowa:
you guys are sheep i used to be like you and then became a realist

i have seen what has happened when i have a open mind. no more. from here on out. i go by what they do and not what they say or how press conference pretty they are. nothing wrong with that at all

You're not a realist and you don't have an open mind. I agree that results are what counts but there's not a FO that is 100% correct all the time. And you are already criticizing 3 minor free agent signings as if that is their complete plan. They can't sign 10-12 pro bowl free agents. Every team takes chances on potential. So, a realist understands some signings won't work out but some might . Open your mind a bit more.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tommyncal:
You're not a realist and you don't have an open mind. I agree that results are what counts but there's not a FO that is 100% correct all the time. And you are already criticizing 3 minor free agent signings as if that is their complete plan. They can't sign 10-12 pro bowl free agents. Every team takes chances on potential. So, a realist understands some signings won't work out but some might . Open your mind a bit more.

do not lecture me kid on if i do or do not have a open mind. i tried to in the last two years as most will attest to and we saw the results. i go by what they have done so far. the good is that they removed rathman and a bunch of trash alleged coaches. the good news is that they made no effort to retain the alleged quarterbacks on the team. they say nice things at press conference. whoopy ding dong. and they signed three guys who may never see the roster yet people are so happy about the three. in my opinion. only cuz it supposedly proves some point they make about people wanting to come play for us
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

CC moving from one extreme to the other.

For real...like a whole "other" poster. LOL

do not lecture me kid on if i do or do not have a open mind. i tried to in the last two years as most will attest to and we saw the results. i go by what they have done so far. the good is that they removed rathman and a bunch of trash alleged coaches. the good news is that they made no effort to retain the alleged quarterbacks on the team. they say nice things at press conference. whoopy ding dong. and they signed three guys who may never see the roster yet people are so happy about the three. in my opinion. only cuz it supposedly proves some point they make about people wanting to come play for us

I'm not lecturing you and don't call me kid. So, are you unhappy with the opinions of the people on the zone or unhappy with the signings. Do you think the FO signed those players only to show other players, 'look here, play here' ? If you keep referring to past history and won't give this new FO the benefit of the doubt, then indeed, you are not open minded. I have no problem with your not approving of the signings, everyone has an opinion. But that's not what we are talking about.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I'm not lecturing you and don't call me kid. So, are you unhappy with the opinions of the people on the zone or unhappy with the signings. Do you think the FO signed those players only to show other players, 'look here, play here' ? If you keep referring to past history and won't give this new FO the benefit of the doubt, then indeed, you are not open minded. I have no problem with your not approving of the signings, everyone has an opinion. But that's not what we are talking about.

i do not like any of the signings, i do not like that we have elevated the new gm and coach to some god like status and have not even seen the team at a mini camp. i could care less the reasons why the powers to be signed them. i just think it is silly for fans to love love these signings and in my opinion. many are only doing it cuz we are spending money for a change and it supposedly shows that players want to come here to play. i think both are silly reasons to be excited about signing three scrubs. ok maybe earl has some potential but the other two.. meh, i doubt they will be on the roster.. but who the f**k cares?? WE SPENT MONEY!!!!
i do not like any of the signings, i do not like that we have elevated the new gm and coach to some god like status and have not even seen the team at a mini camp. i could care less the reasons why the powers to be signed them. i just think it is silly for fans to love love these signings and in my opinion. many are only doing it cuz we are spending money for a change and it supposedly shows that players want to come here to play. i think both are silly reasons to be excited about signing three scrubs. ok maybe earl has some potential but the other two.. meh, i doubt they will be on the roster.. but who the f**k cares?? WE SPENT MONEY!!!!

Actually CC, that is a reason to be a little optimistic. It's something the FO hasn't done in a long time.

I'm ok with the signings and agree 2 might not make the roster. It seems you are more frustrated with the webzone posters than the FO though. But you have to admit it is more interesting to listen to a Lynch/Shanny press conference than a Tomsula/York press conference. The intellect factor alone jumps out. They are football people. That is why I'm optimistic and willing to wait to see what they do.
KS & JL speaking on NFL Insiders (ESPN) right now...
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Anything noteworthy?

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Anything noteworthy?

Mainly QB talk, (draft, Cousins)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leebert81:
Actually CC, that is a reason to be a little optimistic. It's something the FO hasn't done in a long time.

Spending money just to show you can spend money is dumb, lets see what at least earl can do
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I'm ok with the signings and agree 2 might not make the roster. It seems you are more frustrated with the webzone posters than the FO though. But you have to admit it is more interesting to listen to a Lynch/Shanny press conference than a Tomsula/York press conference. The intellect factor alone jumps out. They are football people. That is why I'm optimistic and willing to wait to see what they do.

i have never cared what anyone has said at a presser,. ever, cuz i know what they are all about. window dressing, nothing more.

Anything noteworthy?

Does the media always ask questions, about restricted players (Cousins), to try and trip up coaches and get them to 'tamper' ? Lynch/Shanny have been pretty good in always starting with . . . ' we can't talk about players under contract '. . .

Anything noteworthy?

Mainly QB talk, (draft, Cousins)

Unless there's a rumored trade I don't know what they could ask them...
Share 49ersWebzone