There are 170 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
With that comment I think Torrey Smith gets traded or even released. It looks like the 49ers will have 4-5 new receivers, wow!!!

Coach saw what all fans watched the last several years. Highly paid unreliable players that are supposed to be the go to players to step up, but were happy just to take the money and coast. Not sure if he goes or not, but competition is about to get real!!!
With that comment I think Torrey Smith gets traded or even released. It looks like the 49ers will have 4-5 new receivers, wow!!!

Wouldn't surprise me, Kyle has Julio Jones standards!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
KS & JL speaking on NFL Insiders (ESPN) right now...

Any video link?
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Any video link?

Seriously. Kyle said he had to do like 20 interviews during this combine. That's insane. Leave Brittany alone! He's got work to do.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope they can dump torrey smith off on somebody for a pick or two, hes useless anyway. all he can do is run straight and drop s**t

Some ppl might not agree but even it his age Anquan has been more productive then Smith. Smith has not earn the hefty contract he got a couple of years ago. We honestly kept the wrong former Raven.

Hopefully Philly calls up Lynch N we pawn em off to them.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/shanahan-not-impressed-49ers-receivers

Tell me about it Kyle
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

Tell me about it Kyle
Dudes in the comment section talking about, he didn't mention Torrey Smith cause then he'd have to say something about the other guys. NO! He didn't mention Torrey cause Torrey is bad and he clearly wasn't impressed by him.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Tell me about it Kyle
Dudes in the comment section talking about, he didn't mention Torrey Smith cause then he'd have to say something about the other guys. NO! He didn't mention Torrey cause Torrey is bad and he clearly wasn't impressed by him.
200-300 yards is nothing to be impressed with, f**k torrey smith, unload him for whatever you can get. dude is useless.

That was my first thought when I read that
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

That was my first thought when I read that

Yeah, not exactly a glowing endorsement from Shanahan.

Q: "Any one of the WRs on the roster stand out to you?"
A: "No one in particular"

LOL. .straight shooter all the way. I like that about him.

In regards to Torrey Smith, he had decent success playing X receiver in this style offense in 2014. Gary Kubiak was calling the plays in Baltimore that year. Same offense as what Shanahan will run here. He did not turn into the complete X receiver people were hoping for, but he had decent production. Even had 11 TDs on the year.

Shanahan has an aggressive offense that wants to attack downfield, particularly off play-action. We saw flashes, albeit very few, of what Torrey could do in 2015 when we at least attempted to throw it to him deep. He's a guy you have to feed multiple times downfield. If you take one deep shot a game, he's not going to do much. Take 4 or 5, and he'll make a splash play. Ideally I'd love to replace him with an Alshon Jeffery, because he is a true complete X receiver who would thrive in this offense.

Originally posted by NinerGM:

Tell me about it Kyle

Well hard to evaluate a WR when the QB is so. bad. too.

Yeah, but too many easy drops, stupid penalties, sloppy routes... Those things can be seen on tape.
everyone was bad last year 2-14
Oh I agree with this too.... I'm not praising. I'd say Torrey is a bit better than he's shown here...

Torrey really doesn't look good on film either. His thing is getting deep, there's not much he can do without anything to compliment him.
Originally posted by mojave45:

Tell me about it Kyle

Yeah, but too many easy drops, stupid penalties, sloppy routes... Those things can be seen on tape.

Oh I agree with this too.... I'm not praising. I'd say Torrey is a bit better than he's shown here...

I hear you. And I agree that everything wasn't the fault of the receivers, but that doesn't mean I will miss any of them when they are gone.

Tell me about it Kyle

I hear you. And I agree that everything wasn't the fault of the receivers, but that doesn't mean I will miss any of them when they are gone.

Of course it wasn't all their fault. They carried an absolutely terrible QB to a 90 rating and 16td/4int. We should be good to go with a new QB
Share 49ersWebzone