Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/shanahan-not-impressed-49ers-receivers

Tell me about it Kyle

Well hard to evaluate a WR when the QB is so. bad. too.

Yeah, but too many easy drops, stupid penalties, sloppy routes... Those things can be seen on tape.

Oh I agree with this too.... I'm not praising. I'd say Torrey is a bit better than he's shown here...

I hear you. And I agree that everything wasn't the fault of the receivers, but that doesn't mean I will miss any of them when they are gone.

Of course it wasn't all their fault. They carried an absolutely terrible QB to a 90 rating and 16td/4int. We should be good to go with a new QB

Originally posted by cNiner:
everyone was bad last year 2-14
No, not everyone. Given your logic everyone was bad every year with the Browns.
i love that hes not sugar coating how bad our receivers are.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Yup, things the webzone had problems admitting for years... Aj Junkins drafted in 2012 helped no one. Now Alshon is a free agent... Ohhhh the Irony.... Too little, too late.. Alshon could have helped during that Super Bowl run.

Just saying, no shots at Kyle but embracing his bluntness..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Mar 3, 2017 at 1:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/shanahan-not-impressed-49ers-receivers

Tell me about it Kyle
What a terrible article by Maiocco. Just a complete fluff piece. Shanahan is asked "what players jump out on you on the game tape" and Shanahan gives a generic, safe answer of "nobody, really"... and Maiocco then publishes an article with the headline "Shanahan is not impressed by any of the receivers". That is not what Shanahan said at all, it is a huge leap.

Not trying to be apologetic towards our receivers, just seems like a big extrapolation by Shanahan. Maybe he hates our receivers, maybe he loves them... his quote was totally innocuous though.

Torrey is a good deep threat as a #3. Other than that, yeah we blow.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Torrey is a good deep threat as a #3. Other than that, yeah we blow.

what good is a deep threat who cant catch the damn ball? shoulda kept old man boldin over this bum

I know right? There's a reason CK will officially be a FA TODAY and will not be a starter this year in the NFL.

Yup. And now he is, it's official.
[ Edited by mojave45 on Mar 3, 2017 at 3:49 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
KS & JL speaking on NFL Insiders (ESPN) right now...

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
KS & JL speaking on NFL Insiders (ESPN) right now...

Any video link?

• jcs
  • Veteran
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-francisco-49ers-coach-kyle-shanahan-weird-pregame-routine-stands-on-head-030517

Among the details we get are a look at his, uh, pretty weird pregame routine:

The process starts with a self-deprecating text to his wife. A typical message: "Things are about to get weird."

First, Shanahan must find a solitary place to examine his game plan, which can be challenging on the road. Shanahan has studied X's-and-O's in janitors' closets and shower stalls, while using a bench, box or Gatorade cooler as a desk. During his quiet time, he must have four red pens and just-the-right temperature coffee. Then, before he goes onto the field, he holds a good-luck charm his son, Carter, gives him during the week and looks at a picture of his three children. His grand finale? The yoga advocate stands on his head for 45 seconds in the locker room to clear his mind and reduce stress.

Originally posted by jcs:
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-francisco-49ers-coach-kyle-shanahan-weird-pregame-routine-stands-on-head-030517

The process starts with a self-deprecating text to his wife. A typical message: "Things are about to get weird."

First, Shanahan must find a solitary place to examine his game plan, which can be challenging on the road. Shanahan has studied X's-and-O's in janitors' closets and shower stalls, while using a bench, box or Gatorade cooler as a desk. During his quiet time, he must have four red pens and just-the-right temperature coffee. Then, before he goes onto the field, he holds a good-luck charm his son, Carter, gives him during the week and looks at a picture of his three children. His grand finale? The yoga advocate stands on his head for 45 seconds in the locker room to clear his mind and reduce stress.

I've been thinking about this a ever since Harbs left. We need to hire Singletary right now as a personal hype man and to drop his pants at every half time talk;
NOW THAT'S WHAT KINDA PARTY I WANNA BE AT ahahahaha.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Mar 4, 2017 at 11:15 PM ]

This is so Bill Walsh like...minus the yoga. I love it.
Why is this thread only 58 pages, and the Lynch thread 318?
[ Edited by Niners99 on Mar 5, 2017 at 9:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Why is thid thread only 58 pages, and the Lynch thread 318?

I was thinking the same.
Originally posted by NCommand:

This is so Bill Walsh like...minus the yoga. I love it.

I read somewhere long ago, Bill Walsh tried to take the emotional aspect out of play calling so he would be more even kiel and ready to respond to changes without going ape s**t internally. I think that kinda goes with all OC.
Share 49ersWebzone