LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 248 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NorthernLights:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
So Lynch was at UNC pro and Shanny at Stanford... you'd think I'd be the other way around but it makes sense so both guys can have a different angle at say Trubisky and Thomas.

Shanny wanted to watch McCaffrey, Lynch rates the kid as well. Not much mention on Thomas on twitter so far. I still think we somehow manage to land both Stanford guys, probably with a trade up.

That'd be quite a splash and a story line, but that can go out the window cause some mocks have McAffrey as high as the lower teen range.
That'd be quite a splash and a story line, but that can go out the window cause some mocks have McAffrey as high as the lower teen range.

This draft has mocks all over the place due to the depth everywhere but QB and OL

This draft has mocks all over the place due to the depth everywhere but QB and OL

I think those positions aren't bad though, more like not for sure guys perhaps?... perhaps gurus can address the question. I think we won't target a QB until the later second at the earliest. I can see passing on OL in general but somewhere in the fourth or later would easily make sense as well if not earlier.
I think those positions aren't bad though, more like not for sure guys perhaps?... perhaps gurus can address the question. I think we won't target a QB until the later second at the earliest. I can see passing on OL in general but somewhere in the fourth or later would easily make sense as well if not earlier.

Definitely can see this happening, I think overall this is going to be an interesting and surprising draft.

Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
After re-reading this, I see no reason at all, why Trenton cannot excel in this O. He is agile, lite on his feet, and can move quickly .why anyone should think he cannot master lateral movement is beyond me. If it is because he is so large, with agile feet, it should be no problem.

trenton has short area quickness but really struggles to engage on the second level.

Kujon, a lot of folks have posted that, but i rewatched all Trenton's games this yr, just fixed on him(my favorite player). And you are right at times, but other times, i have seen him crush a DE and then pancake an OLB right after that. Not just once but enough. I have seen him whiff at LOS, and i have seen him miss on 2nd level. But my overall sense is a lot of that is experience, and the more he got the better he got. The most interesting game he played was the first of the last two games in 2015. Man he looked green and almost like he didn't know what he was doing out there. By the end of the game, he had played decently, not great , not awful. Didn't miss many blocks. What was really fine tho, was at end of game you could see him look around the field and almost see him realizing...."Man, I can do this" Taken in 7th rd couple yrs before, i truly do not think he thot he could do this. But his natural hand eye coordination, his ability to dunk a basketball, his pancakes, his agility, ability to move sideways....i just think he will excel with a great teacher. Sure he isn't typical ZBS material, but he sure is a talented massive mountain of a man. He whiffed a couple times this past yr, but that is unusual. He also threw von miller around when we practiced wth them, and then miller beat him a couple times... but if you isolated on them...man it was beautiful thing to watch. One skilled, best in the business, the other raw, or partially cooked, but hanging in there with the BEST. It was impressive, even tho only a practice.

So it will be of interest to see how he does with 2nd level blocking this yr. I'm betting he does fine. Seems to take coaching well, and as we all have seen , is strong as an ox...or two.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
So Lynch was at UNC pro and Shanny at Stanford... you'd think I'd be the other way around but it makes sense so both guys can have a different angle at say Trubisky and Thomas.

Shanny wanted to watch McCaffrey, Lynch rates the kid as well. Not much mention on Thomas on twitter so far. I still think we somehow manage to land both Stanford guys, probably with a trade up.

Maybe it was smoke screen bringing Turner, that way everyone is thinking Shanahan will take McCaffery, when they really could've been there for Thomas. After all look at how much time Hue Jackson spent with Jared Goff, then again I think Jackson traded down because Goff wasn't there (or knew he wouldn't be there).
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Maybe it was smoke screen bringing Turner, that way everyone is thinking Shanahan will take McCaffery, when they really could've been there for Thomas. After all look at how much time Hue Jackson spent with Jared Goff, then again I think Jackson traded down because Goff wasn't there (or knew he wouldn't be there).

Good thinking , Kolohe. These two guys operate that way and your thot is highly believable
Still can't believe we hired Shanahan!

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

It's funny how everything kinda fell into place with his hire.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

It's funny how everything kinda fell into place with his hire.

Honestly, why was everyone in the media and fanbase *****ing and moaning during the process, again? We ended up with Shanahan, and in the end I either wanted McDaniels or Shanahan (in no particular order of preference) so I'm happy. I could care less what happened during the process that got people in such an uproar. I feel like the local media, as usual, was trying to find unique and stretched out ways to **** on the team out of glee and joy when they weren't even playing any damn games.

I could have a 0 in all my classes for 95% of the semester but if I end my classes with an A, that's all that matters.

Seattle always procrastinates and plays like **** for the first 90% of their games and then pulls the W out of their ass. The W is all that matters.

All presidential campaign season long President Trump kept getting **** on by the media. Does he care about any of that? Not really. He probably just cares that he is now our president despite all that.

Literally the end result is all that matters. And we got our coach. The end.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

this was incredible
Originally posted by jrg:

this was incredible

Love his professionalism with the media. That said, you can tell what he is looking for but is smart enough not to show his hand.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

this was incredible

Love his professionalism with the media. That said, you can tell what he is looking for but is smart enough not to show his hand.

After Jimmy T, I enjoy his articulation.
Share 49ersWebzone