49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

this was incredible

Love his professionalism with the media. That said, you can tell what he is looking for but is smart enough not to show his hand.

After Jimmy T, I enjoy his articulation.
The difference between the two is beyond words.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Mar 25, 2017 at 5:01 PM ]

this was incredible

Love his professionalism with the media. That said, you can tell what he is looking for but is smart enough not to show his hand.
This is the coach of the future, a long future hopefully
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:

this was incredible

I hope so. Have a feeling one of his first two draft picks will be from Stanford.
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:

this was incredible

Still don't believe Jed was behind this move, but he definitely was the guy who,put it into play. And the deciding on Kyle before a GM was hired, was awkward to say the least, but at least at the outset, these two guys seem like soulmates. I couldn't figure out how this worked out bass aackward. But I think it was the mutual attraction the two guys had for one another, made it come off like no big deal, same salaries, and so on.

Yet Jed was the guy pushing it thru, and nary a peep. Shows how smart Lynch really is.

Jedi Jed...it looks like you finally came thru, old son, even if there was maybe prompting from above. Let's wait out draft first, but in the meantime, outstanding move.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/104767-49ers-wanted-kyle-shanahan-tomsulas-offensive-coordinator/

I thought Tomsula wanted Gase as his OC, but alright then...
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/104767-49ers-wanted-kyle-shanahan-tomsulas-offensive-coordinator/

I thought Tomsula wanted Gase as his OC, but alright then...

Kyle working under Tomsula?!
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

this was incredible

After Jimmy T, I enjoy his articulation.
The difference between the two is beyond words.

Harbaugh during the interview. Because he couldn't figure out how to be accessible but close to the vest with the media.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
id love that , those would be 2 solid pickups

If we get those 2 and hit and that's all we get, then this would be a good draft.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Does anyone know when we're scheduled to have OTAs? Will there be one before the draft???

Can't find exact dates, but Sporting News has the tentative, general schedule.

These two pictures tell it all...both good coaches...BUT...one with run of the mill very average Offensive ideas, and not hotshot OC to help him out( I don't even think harbaw KNEW his O sucked), but harbs was a good organizer of talent. The other is at the top of the heap in Offensive game planning and playcalling. With harbaw it was a job...with Kyle it is an art. Look at any ATL game last yr. Textbook of what you would want your O to look like. And unlike the unfounded Harbaw QB "whisperer", kyle has taken 3 QBs in 3 different cities and made them all way more than they were. Made them the Qbs they could be...just with some superb QB and playcalling excellence.

Then you look at the man himself. One a self aggrandizing , self promoting, spoiled child on the sideline(sometimes acting just nutty, and making himself an enemy of refs), the other the pensive, thotful, measured OC that has been on display the last 3 yrs. One developed nobody. The other has developed players wherever he was.

And finally, you look at the two pics above and ask yourself: which of these two guys do i want leading my team? Is there anybody, anybody, who would pick the guy at the bottom.? Same goes for talent evaluation, in addition to talent development, where harbs got a big FAIL. Look at the choice of who each took for Qbs. Harbs the big flashy, physical specimen fan, and enthralled with the fact his QB could throw the ball 75 yds on a frozen rope. The other, picked his Qbs ( and dinged others, RG3 for one) based on their QB SKILLS, accuracy, reads , progressions, eyes locked downfield,....you know the rest..

If this is the new face of the 49ers, then we didn't get just a little bit better. We went from amateur hour to skilled, smart and thotful leadership, with brilliance in Offense play and game calling. These two pics summarize it all PERFECTLY. And, we haven't yet seen a ball snapped in anger yet. And that is even more amazing. We all knew we were down. I don't think the majority of us realized just how far we had fallen. And then to follow harbs with tomsul, and finally chip...that put the bar pretty low for kyle and John L. And the clowns who preceded harbs, were no better.....worse , way worse actually. But while still awaiting draft even, look at how the entire team has evolved, gotten better virtually across the board where we didn't realize just how low we had sunk. Now , 17 yrs later, now is our time.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Mar 28, 2017 at 9:03 AM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
These two pictures tell it all...both good coaches...BUT...one with run of the mill very average Offensive ideas, and not hotshot OC to help him out( I don't even think harbaw KNEW his O sucked), but harbs was a good organizer of talent. The other is at the top of the heap in Offensive game planning and playcalling. With harbaw it was a job...with Kyle it is an art. Look at any ATL game last yr. Textbook of what you would want your O to look like. And unlike the unfounded Harbaw QB "whisperer", kyle has taken 3 QBs in 3 different cities and made them all way more than they were. Made them the Qbs they could be...just with some superb QB and playcalling excellence.

Then you look at the man himself. One a self aggrandizing , self promoting, spoiled child on the sideline(sometimes acting just nutty, and making himself an enemy of refs), the other the pensive, thotful, measured OC that has been on display the last 3 yrs. One developed nobody. The other has developed players wherever he was.

And finally, you look at the two pics above and ask yourself: which of these two guys do i want leading my team? Is there anybody, anybody, who would pick the guy at the bottom.? Same goes for talent evaluation, in addition to talent development, where harbs got a big FAIL. Look at the choice of who each took for Qbs. Harbs the big flashy, physical specimen fan, and enthralled with the fact his QB could throw the ball 75 yds on a frozen rope. The other, picked his Qbs ( and dinged others, RG3 for one) based on their QB SKILLS, accuracy, reads , progressions, eyes locked downfield,....you know the rest..

If this is the new face of the 49ers, then we didn't get just a little bit better. We went from amateur hour to skilled, smart and thotful leadership, with brilliance in Offense play and game calling. These two pics summarize it all PERFECTLY. And, we haven't yet seen a ball snapped in anger yet. And that is even more amazing. We all knew we were down. I don't think the majority of us realized just how far we had fallen. And then to follow harbs with tomsul, and finally chip...that put the bar pretty low for kyle and John L. And the clowns who preceded harbs, were no better.....worse , way worse actually. But while still awaiting draft even, look at how the entire team has evolved, gotten better virtually across the board where we didn't realize just how low we had sunk. Now , 17 yrs later, now is our time.

I'll wait until Kyle actually wins some games first before making any comparison to Harbaugh, tbqh.
Does anyone know when we're scheduled to have OTAs? Will there be one before the draft???

Offseason workouts in roughly a week.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I'll wait until Kyle actually wins some games first before making any comparison to Harbaugh, tbqh.

They both reached the SB and both lost. Harbaugh had the better defense so I give the edge to Shanahan for the offense.
Thanks dtg

I thought rookie coaches were afforded one OTA before the draft.... hmmm.

I believe you are correct that a rookie coach gets a head start on the year...haven't found the rule though.
Share 49ersWebzone