LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 219 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
NC--interesting lists! Quite a bit of change already and they haven't had a camp yet! LOL!

I doubt Reid moves to SS though as he is a bit frangile in the concussion department and is a pretty good FS. People are down on him but he's been learning new defenses each of the past two years. If they can settle in and make it a bit easier for him he will be fine at FS, which would free up Ward for slot. Redmond may compete for a starting CB job with Robinson and Brock. I actually like the DBs they have--good versatility, speed, size and experience. Many were rookies or second year players last and struggled, with an easier scheme they may blossom!

Yeah, Lynch already said Ward is moving to FS so for the box S in this defense it's going to be between Tartt and Reid. My money is on Tartt for that Kam Chancellor role and Ward for the Earl Thomas role. But it's on Reid in his final year here.

Ward was a great playmaking safety in college. The fact that he learned CB makes me believe he'll be a fantastic FS. Sorry no hooker I guess. Tartt blew up beast mode so he can hit. The pieces are there. Reid can still play a role, maybe, closer to los
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
NC--interesting lists! Quite a bit of change already and they haven't had a camp yet! LOL!

I doubt Reid moves to SS though as he is a bit frangile in the concussion department and is a pretty good FS. People are down on him but he's been learning new defenses each of the past two years. If they can settle in and make it a bit easier for him he will be fine at FS, which would free up Ward for slot. Redmond may compete for a starting CB job with Robinson and Brock. I actually like the DBs they have--good versatility, speed, size and experience. Many were rookies or second year players last and struggled, with an easier scheme they may blossom!

Yeah, Lynch already said Ward is moving to FS so for the box S in this defense it's going to be between Tartt and Reid. My money is on Tartt for that Kam Chancellor role and Ward for the Earl Thomas role. But it's on Reid in his final year here.

Ward was a great playmaking safety in college. The fact that he learned CB makes me believe he'll be a fantastic FS. Sorry no hooker I guess. Tartt blew up beast mode so he can hit. The pieces are there. Reid can still play a role, maybe, closer to los

Can't really see them blowing up the defensive backfield this year unless they really don't like Baalke's guys...but that was TBs best area so I'd think they will stay put and find guys at positions of dire need--FQB, pass rushers, etc.

When Reid is playing, I like the idea of him blitzing.

Good video, I don't speak Spanish but I get it for the most part.
Originally posted by JBrack:

Good video, I don't speak Spanish but I get it for the most part.

Don't speak Spanish either but was a nice video to watch. Dalvin Cook of FSU would be an unbelievable fit in Shanahan's offense for sure
Can't wait till this guy stands on the Niners sideline calling WCO plays in the redzone. Not trying to ram up the defense's ass with running plays for a field goal.
Shanahan staying in the building late. Love this guy.

After getting a late start on his first NFL head coaching job, San Francisco 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan occasionally forgets to do some basic everyday activities. You know, things such as eat or sleep.

Enter general manager John Lynch, the man CEO Jed York selected to join Shanahan in the enormous task of restoring the 49ers to their former glory.

When Shanahan is at the office late, grinding tape, Lynch will sometimes stop in and tell him to go home. When Shanahan has skipped a meal or two, Lynch might swing by with food.

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/24288/from-late-night-film-sessions-to-food-delivery-how-john-lynch-and-kyle-shanahan-are-building-relationships
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

After getting a late start on his first NFL head coaching job, San Francisco 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan occasionally forgets to do some basic everyday activities. You know, things such as eat or sleep.

Enter general manager John Lynch, the man CEO Jed York selected to join Shanahan in the enormous task of restoring the 49ers to their former glory.

When Shanahan is at the office late, grinding tape, Lynch will sometimes stop in and tell him to go home. When Shanahan has skipped a meal or two, Lynch might swing by with food.

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/24288/from-late-night-film-sessions-to-food-delivery-how-john-lynch-and-kyle-shanahan-are-building-relationships

Love it.

He better hope his marriage is strong.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Are you saying Lynch is doing more than just bringing food?

Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Are you saying Lynch is doing more than just bringing food?

Alcohol, weed. Why do you think both guys are always so easy going when they're not in the trenches
If he doesn't draft Kizer and rides with the crap currently on the roster.........he's in over his head.

Wake me up when York is tweeting apologies to Niner fans.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by awp8912:
If he doesn't draft Kizer and rides with the crap currently on the roster.........he's in over his head.

Bro..you were supposed to already be sleep.
Originally posted by Antix:

Bro..you were supposed to already be sleep.

Nvm, not wasting anymore time on your posts. Ignore button....CLICK!!
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Apr 5, 2017 at 4:42 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone