LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 235 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Getting back on track, this is a kyle thread, right? With OTAs looming on the horizon, you don't have to go back very far to realize how kyle and lynch pre-thot all of this. For example, we were QB-less, aka, no QB, and while we were all sitting around discussing who we wanted, who fit best, etc, Kyle was going thru everything also. Who fit best, who had knowledge of his O, who had good fundamentals , who did he KNOW was a good choice to start up, and not last not least, who woud be ready to go from the gitgo when OTAs, TC, PS rolled around. Well, we got our starter as well as his backup. Can you even remotely imagine the schidt show if we went into camp and NO Qb? That is we were waiting on draft to dictate who our starter was? From the gitgo, kyle wanted somebody here, someone he could count on, someone who could possibly have a shot at making it more than 2 yrs? Somebody has to lead the team, and Qb usually ends up being the guy...so right off the bat, we got our Qb, and it doesn't matter one whit who we get in draft, we got our QB for the next yr or two starting in just a few days.

Put another way, can you imagine starting OTAs, let alone TC, and NOT have a qB in place? I can and it conjures up a fricking mess. KYle already thot that thru with John. So no questions, no discussion, our Qb is ready and anxious to go...plus his backup. Not a huge thing but just goes to show how much planning kYle and john did starting even with OTAs. Nobody has mentioned it yet, but there has been some talk about how many wins this team gets. That's fine. I just wonder how many Ws we get just from having kYle as our OC/HC? Somehow, i think it will be significant, even in yr 1. Whatever you think about #of Ws this yr, i would add at least 2 , maybe 3 more just due to kyle.

For a team that truly was a two W or one W win team last yr, with this new leadership, i think we do better than .500 this yr. I know that sounds ridiculous, outrageous even, with no O , no D, no STs, but i see Ws this yr directly caused by HC (and GM)...but on game day, especially kyle. Starting off perfectly, with our QB and backup in place, was a stroke of not brilliance, but very good leadership and planning...going into OTAs, TC, etc. Like everything else they do, well thot out. Better than .500. I will take the heat if wrong but that is the kind of confidence i have with a team having only "most of a decent OL " to pass along from last yr. Everything else...incredibly broken or bad. Oh yes, AND the return to "GOOD CITIZENS" being an absolute requirement for making the team. No need to explain that one.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Apr 10, 2017 at 8:57 AM ]
#Brickbybrick
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
He better hope his marriage is strong.
As long as the credit card bill gets paid, Mama is fine. She's probably busy as hell too getting the house moved into, decorating, etc. They are used to this life by now. Probably super happy that they can finally settle down somewhere.

If Shanahan wins us #6, he's basically a lifer.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
He better hope his marriage is strong.
As long as the credit card bill gets paid, Mama is fine. She's probably busy as hell too getting the house moved into, decorating, etc. They are used to this life by now. Probably super happy that they can finally settle down somewhere.

If Shanahan wins us #6, he's basically a lifer.
i just want us to get to a point where we can beat and compete with the browns before we talk super bowl
Listening to John Lynch on Adam Schefter's podcast, and he confirmed one of our suspicions:

"Kyle loves speed"

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=19132438
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 11, 2017 at 11:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Listening to John Lynch on Adam Schefter's podcast, and he confirmed one of our suspicions:

"Kyle loves speed"

That must be how he stays awake and watches all that film .....let's just hope it doesn't de-rail him like the bottle did McC....

(in case it wasn't clear....JK)
Originally posted by jonnydel:

"Kyle loves speed"

That must be how he stays awake and watches all that film .....let's just hope it doesn't de-rail him like the bottle did McC....

It was clear.

"Kyle loves speed"

so I wonder if that means he will try to find a faster 3rd down RB and slot receiver with demon speed to add more options in the passing game , we really don"t have any offensive weapons with elite speed, Goodwin is probably our fastest receiver , Garcon and Robinson both run 4.4 , so maybe in the mid rounds we"ll be drafting players like T.J Logan, RB from North Carolina, who ran a 4.3 at the combine ...and also CB Jaylen Myrick from Minnesota who clocked in at 4.2, which would be an interesting pick, at 5-11 and 200 pounds, he has decent size and elite speed to be a threat to run with the faster receivers in the league ....Speed is good
Harris runs a 4.4 and his fumbling issues are a bit overrated. I only counted 2 since he's been in the league during the regular season.

Lot of us like Hunt in the 3rd/4th. I'd kick the tires on DAngelo Henderson and DJ Pumphrey in the 5th/6th rounds.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 11, 2017 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Harris runs a 4.4 and his fumbling issues are a bit overrated. I only counted 2 since he's been in the league during the regular season.

he seems to fumble when we are in scoring position , which makes them so memorable

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

he seems to fumble when we are in scoring position , which makes them so memorable

Probably still got pre season in your head as well lol. I hope from getting to know the area and ish, his personal life is stable and is fully dedicated to realize this is literally one of the best positions he's been in since entering the league. In the prime of his career and we need someone to be a thread out of the backfield to catch passes. Anyone wanna compare numbers of Harris,Freeman,Coleman?

"Kyle loves speed"

Love it that our team speed is going to be much improved this year
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by jonnydel:

"Kyle loves speed"

It was clear.

Crystal!

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Share 49ersWebzone