• Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

-Warm to 49er alumni
-Transparent front office
-Zero tolerance for idiots like Brock
-No leaks

The opposite of a Baalke organization

Baalke organization was secretly ran by Bill Parcels.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

-Warm to 49er alumni
-No leaks

With hindsight it is crazy to see how Baalke ran the organization.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Steve Young is here at the 49ers facility chatting with Kyle Shanahan. John Lynch said there would be an open door policy with alumni:

Steve: "Hey, Kyle..I can still play.."
Originally posted by Kolohe:

-Warm to 49er alumni
-No leaks

This was always my one major complaint about Baalke. He was an anti Walsh type GM and his patron saint is Parcells.
We do need to welcome the Alumni. But we need to build an organization that will attract them to return to it. We need excellence and professionalism on, and off the field. We want some of the greatest NFL figures of all time to come in, hang around and associate with us? Then we need to become something they can be proud to associate with.
Originally posted by mojave45:
We do need to welcome the Alumni. But we need to build an organization that will attract them to return to it. We need excellence and professionalism on, and off the field. We want some of the greatest NFL figures of all time to come in, hang around and associate with us? Then we need to become something they can be proud to associate with.

I can see Steve wanting to re-live some memories and take the big brother advisor approach to Kyle. I hope they bring him out when we get on the field. Lakers brought ex players to practices in previous years.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 13, 2017 at 10:37 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
This was always my one major complaint about Baalke. He was an anti Walsh type GM and his patron saint is Parcells.

The most dumbfounding element of this franchise the last decade and a half was the distance it was trying to put between it and dynasty era/Walsh/WCO ways. The principles in the offense itself are timeless and the team building/organizational aspects are tried and true. Hopefully we really are getting back on track because personally it's sad seeing a franchise like GB flourish using our ways.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Apr 13, 2017 at 11:23 AM ]
Originally posted by awp8912:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
How are they similar?

Some people only see one thing when they see him, I guess.

Me? I look at all the publications rating him the #1 QB in the draft, then I look at a certified BUM like Brian Hoyer and I gasp at Shanahan's stupidity.

I'm waiting to see as well. So far I'm questioning a lot of what he's said and done related to the QB position. The draft will tell us a lot more but so far he's making me wonder aloud.
Originally posted by Niners816:
The most dumbfounding element of this franchise the last decade and a half was the distance it was trying to put between it and dynasty era/Walsh/WCO ways. The principles in the offense itself are timeless and the team building/organizational aspects are tried and true. Hopefully we really are getting back on track because personally it's sad seeing a franchise like GB flourish using our ways.

This has been my lament over the past decade and a half!
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

I can see Steve wanting to re-live some memories and take the big brother advisor approach to Kyle. I hope they bring him out when we get on the field. Lakers brought ex players to practices in previous years.

Yep. I think Lynch has the right approach in general . Let the word out they are welcome, and don't try to force it. If someone like Young wants to talk,or give advice, it never hurts to listen.

Yep. I think Lynch has the right approach in general . Let the word out they are welcome, and don't try to force it. If someone like Young wants to talk,or give advice, it never hurts to listen.

Well Steve won his SB running the same systems haha... I'm sure Kyle and Lynch invited him out for some beers and watch some of Steves old tapes to see if Kyle can add a wrinkle or two then they slide in some tape of their top 3 favorite QBs coming out. Same ish we're doing, except they'd be doing it for real lol.

Well Steve won his SB running the same systems haha... I'm sure Kyle and Lynch invited him out for some beers and watch some of Steves old tapes to see if Kyle can add a wrinkle or two then they slide in some tape of their top 3 favorite QBs coming out. Same ish we're doing, except they'd be doing it for real lol.

Yep
Makes one wonder just what was the one thing that pushed the JYorks over the hump to allow the FRANCHISE 49ers to return , and not just allow them, but to encourage them. There was no question that was verbotten from circa 2000 to the present hiring of Kyle and John. What was the one thing, and why...why now?

Tired of losing, tired of being the butt of jokes, tired of the negative press, tired of hurting the franchise image, or did they just get tired of trying to show Eddie they could do it differently...their way... and failing for all these yrs. They are getting older, and maybe they didn't want to go to their graves knowing they were a massive FAIL with the storied franchise that basically they were given. Lynch as head honcho was undoubtedly responsible for some of this, as their super consultant, so maybe he is the one who gets the credit...in the end, this is what they should have been doing from the gitgo, but they were just too damn bullheaded to do it.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Makes one wonder just what was the one thing that pushed the JYorks over the hump to allow the FRANCHISE 49ers to return , and not just allow them, but to encourage them. There was no question that was verbotten from circa 2000 to the present hiring of Kyle and John. What was the one thing, and why...why now?

Tired of losing, tired of being the butt of jokes, tired of the negative press, tired of hurting the franchise image, or did they just get tired of trying to show Eddie they could do it differently...their way... and failing for all these yrs. They are getting older, and maybe they didn't want to go to their graves knowing they were a massive FAIL with the storied franchise that basically they were given. Lynch as head honcho was undoubtedly responsible for some of this, as their super consultant, so maybe he is the one who gets the credit...in the end, this is what they should have been doing from the gitgo, but they were just too damn bullheaded to do it.

Root beers.
Share 49ersWebzone