There are 187 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

I am worried that Shanahan is not objective in his QB evaluations.
Shanahan fell in love with Beathard and had to have him.
It's a good thing Shanny isn't in charge of the draft, hopefully Shanahan doesn't let his emotions determine who he keeps at other positions.
And hopefully Shanahan keeps an open mind to try to get the best QBOTF possible and doesn't insist only on Cousins
Originally posted by Vito_Corleone:
It's a good thing Shanny isn't in charge of the draft, hopefully Shanahan doesn't let his emotions determine who he keeps at other positions.
And hopefully Shanahan keeps an open mind to try to get the best QBOTF possible and doesn't insist only on Cousins

Lynch agreed with the pick for the QB.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Lynch agreed to make the pick.
Hopefully just to placate Shanahan and get him his guy and keep him happy.

I sincerely doubt that is how the pick was decided.
Originally posted by awp8912:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Tebow agrees with your post.

More playoff wins than Cousins, sadly.

Not with McDaniels coaching him.

I thought it was a good idea to let Shanahan choose a QB. Good thing I read this so I know how wrong I am.
Work your magic shanny

Beathard might be one of the smartest QBs in this draft and has all the tools to be a decent starter. He's not flashy at all but very stable. He played for Iowa, not Alabama, so his supporting cast wasn't at an elite level. I trust Shanahan to pick his type of QB. He now has three QBs he believes can at least get them through the year, building his brand of offense. If he is waiting for Cousins but wanted a great backup...why not.

Or...Jed could have demanded they draft their next GM, if Beathards is a chip off his grandfather's block!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Beathard might be one of the smartest QBs in this draft and has all the tools to be a decent starter. He's not flashy at all but very stable. He played for Iowa, not Alabama, so his supporting cast wasn't at an elite level. I trust Shanahan to pick his type of QB. He now has three QBs he believes can at least get them through the year, building his brand of offense. If he is waiting for Cousins but wanted a great backup...why not.

Or...Jed could have demanded they draft their next GM, if Beathards is a chip off his grandfather's block!

Why draft a backup for Cousins rather than an heir apparent? This guy should be looked at a Shanahan's plan for FQBotF.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Apr 29, 2017 at 8:49 AM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Wht rarget a backup for Cousins rather than an heir apparent? This guy should be looked at a Shanahan's plan for FQBotF.

That was on the down side; the up side is FQB. He can be either just as much as Trubisky can be. It's pretty obvious that Shanahan likes the guy or he would have picked one of the many QBs people are in love with over Beathard. Many, including me, believed they would pick Peterman, but Shanahan preferred Beathard...I'm fine with using his knowledge and instincts over mine!

Wht rarget a backup for Cousins rather than an heir apparent? This guy should be looked at a Shanahan's plan for FQBotF.

That was on the down side; the up side is FQB. He can be either just as much as Trubisky can be. It's pretty obvious that Shanahan likes the guy or he would have picked one of the many QBs people are in love with over Beathard. Many, including me, believed they would pick Peterman, but Shanahan preferred Beathard...I'm fine with using his knowledge and instincts over mine!

I am hoping he found his gem but he is going to catch a lot of heat if he picked the wrong guy in this draft.

I am hoping he found his gem but he is going to catch a lot of heat if he picked the wrong guy in this draft.

The only time I really criticize draft picks is when the team fails to draft an obvious need when they had a chance or they draft a high risk player when they could have drafted equal value with less risk. When it's just a difference of perception on talent. Mixon is an example of bad drafting in my opinion as his offense was egregious. Foster was a similar drop but with a lesser action--so Foster was OK, Mixson not so much. But proof will be in the future. Not surprising Cincinnati took a potential felon. But I hope both young men do well and stay on the straight and narrow!

As for Beathard...check the write ups on him. They contradict each other, but he seems to have all the qualities to be a very good WCO QB. One write up says he sees the field at an elite level, another says he can't even see half the field. One of these might be correct, I'll trust Shanahan to figure out which!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 29, 2017 at 9:25 AM ]

As for Beathard...check the write ups on him. They contradict each other, but he seems to have all the qualities to be a very good WCO QB. One write up says he sees the field at an elite level, another says he can't even see half the field. One of these might be correct, I'll trust Shanahan to figure out which!

This is the stuff that makes me laugh.

I do not see how someone whos living is analysis can be so opposite of each other on grading a trait.

Person 1. He has a strong arm.
Person 2. He has a weak arm.

+1 Sign me up too....If kyle likes him, then fine by me. Remember, he AND his dad went to bat AGAINST Manziel and RG3 and he was right on both calls. He also made very good Qbs or improved Qbs at every stop...Hoyer, Cousins, Matt Ryan. The guy is a QB making machine. IF he likes Beathard, jumped up some to get him, then odds are we will find out why. No question that pre draft boht kyle and John play their cards extremely close to the vest.
I wonder if he asked for this trade for this Broncos RB.

Damn that 4th round pick next year could be a high one.
Share 49ersWebzone