There are 182 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Great offseason & draft for Shanahan! Ready for training camp to get started
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for Heroism.
Someone has an addiction to speed!!

Originally posted by Heroism:

Love it
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Love it

lol, I just chuckled at the thought of giving this hat for Shanny to wear around the building.

Kyle must be excited. I hope he will be a success.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Are we planning on running more 4 WR sets than Shan normally has?...

With seven TEs and twelve WRs it's anyone's guess what Kyle plans! I love the competition for depth spots on the roster. If they had been able to trade McDonald they would still have good depth with several TEs having NFL experience. Celek won the starting job last year but he might have better competition this year. Not impressed by Paulsen's stats so perhaps he will be the blocking alternative. Kittle seems like a nice pickup...but who knows? Hope so!

Sadly, Garcon is the only proven NFL caliber receiver on the team. While I like Kerley and Ellington...are they scaring anyone?

Ellington scares no one. Kerley doesn't either, but one thing he is, is steady. From the slot, throw him the ball,he catches it. Doesn't even have to be a good pas...and frequently they weren't. He just dropped very, very , little.
Jay Cutler had a higher avg QB rating his first 3 years than he did his entire career under a Shanahan offense. Imagine if he stuck with Shanahan? Man, that offense simply produces career years at nearly every offensive skill position.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Jay Cutler had a higher avg QB rating his first 3 years than he did his entire career under a Shanahan offense. Imagine if he stuck with Shanahan? Man, that offense simply produces career years at nearly every offensive skill position.

Always thought the same... Denver fudged up getting rid of Mike.

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

With seven TEs and twelve WRs it's anyone's guess what Kyle plans! I love the competition for depth spots on the roster. If they had been able to trade McDonald they would still have good depth with several TEs having NFL experience. Celek won the starting job last year but he might have better competition this year. Not impressed by Paulsen's stats so perhaps he will be the blocking alternative. Kittle seems like a nice pickup...but who knows? Hope so!

Sadly, Garcon is the only proven NFL caliber receiver on the team. While I like Kerley and Ellington...are they scaring anyone?

Ellington scares no one. Kerley doesn't either, but one thing he is, is steady. From the slot, throw him the ball,he catches it. Doesn't even have to be a good pas...and frequently they weren't. He just dropped very, very , little.

I think our RB&WO group(WR&TE combined) is gonna sneak up on people. They'res no dominant players, but I think a helluva lot of talent that Kyle can use to exploit matchups. IDGAF if you go from a 22 personnel to 4 WR and Kerley is in the backfield before splitting out wide.
ATL goes from 6-10 in 2014 before Kyle gets there.

8-8 in 2015 while Kyle is heavily struggling with Roddy White and Julio to buy-in.

offseason, lose Roddy White

Go 11-5:
Julio is pretty much their only receiver but he actually had a better year in 2015.
Sanu is okay but is lower level than a legit #2. His career numbers were nothing to be impressed about.
Gabriel really only showed up for 4 or 5 decent games.
Hyde > Freeman

Matt Ryan and Julio are the main players far beyond anyone on SF. Sheesh, we really need a QB and top 10 #1 WR.

8-8 in 2015 while Kyle is heavily struggling with Roddy White and Julio to buy-in.

Go 11-5:
Julio is pretty much their only receiver but he actually had a better year in 2015.
Sanu is okay but is lower level than a legit #2. His career numbers were nothing to be impressed about.
Hyde > Freeman

Matt Ryan and Julio are the main players far beyond anyone on SF. Sheesh, we really need a QB and top 10 #1 WR.

There's a reason why White is out of the the league cause he fell the eff off lol. I think their OL in 2015 was worse,along with their TEs and WRs, Coleman wasn't on last years level neither. If they had a better D then they make the playoffs that year IMO.

If they had a better D last year, they win the SB. We dont have Ryan and Jones, but I'm hoping for Alex Smith 2012 stats from Hoyer and Anquan Boldin type production at his peak with us from Garçon
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 5, 2017 at 11:57 AM ]

If Ellington could stay healthy I think he might begin to scare people in the WCO but...woulda coulda shoulda! Kerley was an excellent pick up last year. Now they have picked up a bunch of unheralded WRs to compete...just as Baalke did a couple of years ago--Burbage, Smelter, etc.
If Ellington could stay healthy I think he might begin to scare people in the WCO but...woulda coulda shoulda! Kerley was an excellent pick up last year. Now they have picked up a bunch of unheralded WRs to compete...just as Baalke did a couple of years ago--Burbage, Smelter, etc.

Don't worry, Cousins is bringing T Pryor with him here next year

Go 11-5:
Hyde > Freeman

Also shows that his system will take 2-3 seasons to get inot full swing.

By then we'll have our FQB.

This

Agree on kerly too.

Very good pick-up.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This

Agree on kerly too.

Very good pick-up.

It's Ellington or a big body WR as the #6 WR or bust.
Share 49ersWebzone