LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 142 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by SoCold:
anyone have a pic of Kyle when Brady was winning the Super Bowl?

Thank god we got kyle

We're gonna be playoff contrnders again in a year or two
Still can't believe we got Shanahan
lol we just landed everyone's top HC candidate who has a brilliant offensive mind, and his thread is only 81 pages long. Meanwhile the John Lynch thread is 552 pages.
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol we just landed everyone's top HC candidate who has a brilliant offensive mind, and his thread is only 81 pages long. Meanwhile the John Lynch thread is 552 pages.

Weeeeell, John did have about a week head start on him.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on May 16, 2017 at 4:14 PM ]

I'm sure it will pick up once we start playing games and people start b***hing lol
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I'm sure it will pick up once we start playing games and people start b***hing lol

I would guess that many werent surprised with the HC hiring, whereas people were still in the wtf moment when Lynch was hired.
Not now though, we love Lynch.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Does Kyle turn into a lobster when he's pissed, like his dad? Can't wait to find out.

Serious redskin
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I would guess that many werent surprised with the HC hiring, whereas people were still in the wtf moment when Lynch was hired.

Yeah, I did a WTF when I heard J Lynch the GM, then I read a little more about the arrangement and his great relationship with Mike Shanahan and his DB experience. I finally got it. I think this will work if J Lynch drafts some good DB's the way Dwight Clark helped draft Tyrell Owens.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I was surprised by the HC hire. Since Harbaugh was fired, I gave up on Jed, and I figured he'd be another Snyder or Georgia Frontiere (Old Rams owner that passed away a decade ago - and she never had much success) But once I heard that he hired Kyle and read more about it, I was impressed with the decision to hire Kyle and also J Lynch. I think this arrangement and this coach just might be almost as good as an organization with a Harbaugh in it and might have the same kind of success. Time will tell. But I'm really excited for pre-season to start to see what they have developed since being hired.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yeah, I did a WTF when I heard J Lynch the GM, then I read a little more about the arrangement and his great relationship with Mike Shanahan and his DB experience. I finally got it. I think this will work if J Lynch drafts some good DB's the way Dwight Clark helped draft Tyrell Owens.

Sure could use a few more Tyrell these days
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Great post Doc!!!

Yep.

Care to explain why that's a great post?

Has nothing to do with our current HC.
Is nothing more than a Jim b***h fest.
Should prob move it to the official Jim thread?

Shanny doesn't have to worry about changing stadiums and newly built locker rooms that half the team wanted to use. That point is silly.

Hanging some some signs on the wall, lol.
Shanny and John have proved nothing at a HC and GM level. How about we wait and see how they'll do first?

Blaming Jim for not developing all of Trent's draft pick blunders?
Blaming Jim for breaking up a roster full of talented players esp. on ST for younger cheaper guys who would rather be bass fishing?

Come on. lol

ps
It was kind of a painful post to get through with the amount of grammatical errors. At least he used paragraphs so for that I'll say he gave maximal effort.

Great post SoCold

They keep trying to take away the accomplishments that Jim did.
He was lucky? We had a stacked team?
The dribble goes on and on
Jim is a fantastic coach. He did what no other coach did in the NFL..
But it was because he was lucky and had a stacked team. Ok

I am hopeful Kyle and Lynch do well.
But, they have done nothing and yet, they've been crowned on here by a few.

Really? That is a classic strawman argument. Nobody has crowned anyone. You guys with your Harbaugh man crush sure get butt hurt when he is rightfully criticized. He did stumble into a stacked team, Alex Smith started playing better before Jim got here. Harbaugh came with the reputation of being a quarterback guru, got the guy he wanted, and never got him to become a really good quarterback. His clock management was terrible right up to the time he was fired, and his offense was...offensive. Not to mention his embarrassing sideline rants, his stupid play calling that handed us our first Superbowl loss. He's exactly where he needs to be now, coaching boys in the amateurs, where his rah rah b******t and Bo Schembechler prehistoric system can actually work.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Great post Doc!!!

Yep.

Shanny doesn't have to worry about changing stadiums and newly built locker rooms that half the team wanted to use. That point is silly.

Shanny and John have proved nothing at a HC and GM level. How about we wait and see how they'll do first?

Blaming Jim for breaking up a roster full of talented players esp. on ST for younger cheaper guys who would rather be bass fishing?

Come on. lol

ps
It was kind of a painful post to get through with the amount of grammatical errors. At least he used paragraphs so for that I'll say he gave maximal effort.

Great post SoCold

Really? That is a classic strawman argument. Nobody has crowned anyone. You guys with your Harbaugh man crush sure get butt hurt when he is rightfully criticized. He did stumble into a stacked team, Alex Smith started playing better before Jim got here. Harbaugh came with the reputation of being a quarterback guru, got the guy he wanted, and never got him to become a really good quarterback. His clock management was terrible right up to the time he was fired, and his offense was...offensive. Not to mention his embarrassing sideline rants, his stupid play calling that handed us our first Superbowl loss. He's exactly where he needs to be now, coaching boys in the amateurs, where his rah rah b******t and Bo Schembechler prehistoric system can actually work.

Jim Harbaugh is a talented coach. It was a mistake to let him go. I'm pretty sure he'll be back in the NFL as a coach someday, unfortunately - not with us, most likely.

Having said that. Kyle certainly has the pedigree and credentials to be a good HC, time will tell. I hope he does as well as Harbaugh did, but Harbaugh set a high bar that only a Hall of Fame coach can meet. We will see.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Great post Doc!!!

Yep.

Come on. lol

ps

Great post SoCold

Jim Harbaugh is a talented coach. It was a mistake to let him go. I'm pretty sure he'll be back in the NFL as a coach someday, unfortunately - not with us, most likely.

Having said that. Kyle certainly has the pedigree and credentials to be a good HC, time will tell. I hope he does as well as Harbaugh did, but Harbaugh set a high bar that only a Hall of Fame coach can meet. We will see.

Harbaugh didn't live up to my standards. I don't think he's a top tier NFL coach. I think he's best suited to college. He is not flexible enough to maintain success over a stretch of time. Once the original talent he inherited started to age or leave, he couldn't win games. I'm no fan of Baalke either, he lacked the vision needed to be successful.
Share 49ersWebzone