LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 128 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol we just landed everyone's top HC candidate who has a brilliant offensive mind, and his thread is only 81 pages long. Meanwhile the John Lynch thread is 552 pages.

I'm sure it will pick up once we start playing games and people start b***hing lol

Yup, a thread needs something to debate so it could be long. Everybody agrees Kyle is the man so far.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol we just landed everyone's top HC candidate who has a brilliant offensive mind, and his thread is only 81 pages long. Meanwhile the John Lynch thread is 552 pages.

I'm sure it will pick up once we start playing games and people start b***hing lol

Yup, a thread needs something to debate so it could be long. Everybody agrees Kyle is the man so far.

Agreed
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yeah, I did a WTF when I heard J Lynch the GM, then I read a little more about the arrangement and his great relationship with Mike Shanahan and his DB experience. I finally got it. I think this will work if J Lynch drafts some good DB's the way Dwight Clark helped draft Tyrell Owens.

Even if tyrell
I finally got it. I think this will work if J Lynch drafts some good DB's the way Dwight Clark helped draft Tyrell Owens.

Even if Tyrell.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Yeah, I did a WTF when I heard J Lynch the GM, then I read a little more about the arrangement and his great relationship with Mike Shanahan and his DB experience. I finally got it. I think this will work if J Lynch drafts some good DB's the way Dwight Clark helped draft Tyrell Owens.

Even if tyrell

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Even if Tyrell.

Originally posted by bors:
Originally posted by thl408:
Does Kyle turn into a lobster when he's pissed, like his dad? Can't wait to find out.

Serious redskin

No, thankfully he didn't inherit his dad's schizophrenic skin pigmentation.
Kyle is calmer than his dad.
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
Kyle is calmer than his dad.

how do you know? you know kyle personally?
I have seen him on the sidelines many times.

He doesn't go beetroot red like Mike.

His whole philosophy is on Mindfulness and calm and he hates it when people don't show composure.
So no dervish action like Jim if we blow a lead or get a bad call?

His whole philosophy is on Mindfulness and calm and he hates it when people don't show composure.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by scottym:
So no dervish action like Jim if we blow a lead or get a bad call?

Half the time Harbaugh threw tantrums, personally I think he had good reason to. As for Kyle, he has to be himself, if he isn't it will just hurt him and the team. Even Harbaugh, he usually kept himself under control most of the time.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I wonder why Shanny doesn't wear his Niner apparel.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I wonder why Shanny doesn't wear his Niner apparel.

he regrets taking the job
whats the edge that kyle gives us with our week one match up vs the panthers?
Originally posted by awol36:
whats the edge that kyle gives us with our week one match up vs the panthers?

Well, several. First, we have a new HC who will game plan for the Panthers. Next we have an OC/HC who will play call like the league's best OC he was last yr and for several yrs before. Then, he will be fielding a team ( or rather he and lynch will be fielding a team) that has had 5 or 6 of our WRs cut out and replaced with way better talent. Same goes for QB. We have been bereft of a NFL QB for most of the last 4+ yrs. One of Kyle's and Lynch's first job was to secure that position, based on talent that was available. And HOyer , who knows the WCO, was a good fit. GReat QB? No, but all he has to do is execute the things that Kyle wants, and he is very capable of doing that.

Next, thanks to kyle we will be using a RB who may very well end up our #1, and at first glance, has a shot of being better than Carlos. As for WR replacements, we know we have a winner in Kerley, plus we have added a bettter WR than we had been stuck with at every slot on the field. Additonally, we are not starting the yr with our usual 17 guys on IR, or just coming off IR. The days of drafting ACLs, bad joints of all varieties is over (with one very large exception...Reuben)...and he was worth it plus our docs feel the shoulder is ok.

Our OL, which began rebuild some 3 yrs ago, was skinny at best and just enough talent at worst. But now, we ahve the Zut at Center, our most obvious weak link. Terrific upgrade there. Also we got rid of the two worst players on the team, Martin and Pears , replacing them with guys who are legit backups, and actually can play. We now have Joe S, , Garnett, , Zuttah, beadles and Trenton. Plus we have guys pushing them for starting roles, not stiffs who could just suit up...and not much more.

Less of a factor, but still important, we have a HC and GM who are bringing back the past....a reminder of the greatness in yrs gone by. These yrs of complete dominance have been pushed aside or under the rug under baalke and JH, tomsul, and finally Chip. Not that it was tomsul's or chip's fault. Wiht JH, yes it was part of his fault. Thing is that is now gone also, Kyle and john have inspiration murals, signs in the locker room, and have Steve Young as well as many others visiting and being a presence for the younger guys to see. Pride in team is the new mantra. Jed and his folks have backed away from hiding the 49ers yrs of greatness, of dominance. That is exactly what kyle is aiming for...a dynasty once again. The real culprits here, the owners, have ceded victory to kyle and lynch, and agreed to embrace the glory of teams past..

Yet another edge is we have reels of film on Cam et al. They got nothing on us. GRanted, during PS that will change, but still the advantage is ours. Lastly , the feud between JH and the F.O or JH and the GM...those days are gone. We have a united front, an excellent one, with trust all around. Previously, it was always a fight between HC and GM. Now just harmony.

So the question: What's the advantage kyle brings us week one? Well, in additon to those above, we have a TRUE QB Whisperer in KYle, and that will make for all sorts of advantage as the season moves along. He may be a first yr HC, but just looking at what he has done to date...does that seem like a rook to you? Nah, kyle looks to be the real deal, and once season starts we are at long last going to witness expert game planning and even better play calling. That plus kyle will continuously be developing every last bit of talent that HOyer has. Does that get us a W? Unlikely, in that we are going up one of the truly talented QBs in Cam, and a wily old (?) DC now HC in Ron Riverboat gambler Rivera. They should win, but not easily, esp wiht their newfound RB, who is the real deal. Still , i look for it to be a good game, and there still is the chance we get a couple breaks and steal a W.

But as to the question, those advantages should hold up at least thru half the season, unitl other Ds and HCs get a line on us. Meantime, i see the above advantages hanging on at least half way thru the season, but any Ws are going to come from pure gut check play on the part of our OL, DL, LBs, DBs, RBs, WRs, TEs and of course, our Qb....and even moreso, the clever play calling of our new OC/HC.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 19, 2017 at 8:08 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone