LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 141 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

I like the line "Touch is important"

How many QBs have we seen who throw the ball 90mph and can throw for 80 yards but can't throw a 5 yard pattern accurately.

QB is the position more than any other where physical attributes are least important.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/25126/awkward-beginnings-kyle-shanahan-finding-his-rhythm-as-49ers-head-coach

I really enjoyed​ this article. I remember at the beginning of this offseason there was some slight ridicule of Shanahan in an article that he was bouncing around between receivers and Qb's too much like a passing game coordinator. That is of course a byproduct of him choosing not too have an offensive coordinator, which does add on more to his plate.

Fast forward and now we're seeing him more and more involved with the whole team, which I think is an important component of being the head coach. We're getting articles of him participating in drills with all the different position groups now. My favorite part of him that I am continuously reading though is his strict attention to detail. After every practice he watches closely over the film work and looks for all areas of improvement. I would compare what we have been reading about his tireless worth ethic towards details since arriving here as very Belichick-esque. Now let's just hope it lends Belichick-esque results.

Very nice read. Love how is learning to do all of these things & also delegate responsibilities when he needs too
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Very nice read. Love how is learning to do all of these things & also delegate responsibilities when he needs too

Yeah, Shanny is going to be a great head coach. He's a natural.

caption this!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

caption this!

Lynch : "Hmmmm... I know D and am getting up there in my HOF career... this dude is an up and coming offensive wizard. I can feel it already, but first I gotta setup shop and learn the league."
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/25126/awkward-beginnings-kyle-shanahan-finding-his-rhythm-as-49ers-head-coach

I really enjoyed​ this article. I remember at the beginning of this offseason there was some slight ridicule of Shanahan in an article that he was bouncing around between receivers and Qb's too much like a passing game coordinator. That is of course a byproduct of him choosing not too have an offensive coordinator, which does add on more to his plate.

Fast forward and now we're seeing him more and more involved with the whole team, which I think is an important component of being the head coach. We're getting articles of him participating in drills with all the different position groups now. My favorite part of him that I am continuously reading though is his strict attention to detail. After every practice he watches closely over the film work and looks for all areas of improvement. I would compare what we have been reading about his tireless worth ethic towards details since arriving here as very Walsh-esque. Now let's just hope it lends Walsh-esque results.

FTFY.

caption this!

"I love it when a plan comes together."
Originally posted by NCommand:

caption this!

"Jed is about to become my b***h.Oh look, that's Shanny son!"
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

caption this!

"Jed is about to become my b***h.Oh look, that's Shanny son!"

'Hello, is it me you're looking for...'
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Love it...

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Love it...
That is one amazing pic...that foretold the future. How old was Kyle here...22? Gads he looks young.
Finally got around to watching the video of Shanahan and Lynch discussing their picks after the draft. Have to say I am feeling very encouraged by this tandem. Never got much of a buzz from Kelly but Shanahan seems like the real deal. Hopefully the two of them can build on the great start they made this year and get this franchise going on the right direction again.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
That is one amazing pic...that foretold the future. How old was Kyle here...22? Gads he looks young.

What gets me is the guy still looks about 22. I hope he coaches here as long as Bellicheat has coached with the Pats and gets another 5 lombardies for us. Now, if Jed just can stay out of Kyle's way and play with his legos or something, we'll be set!
Lets just hope he doesn't get fired after one year like our last two head coaches.
Share 49ersWebzone