LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 211 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/25126/awkward-beginnings-kyle-shanahan-finding-his-rhythm-as-49ers-head-coach

I really enjoyed​ this article. I remember at the beginning of this offseason there was some slight ridicule of Shanahan in an article that he was bouncing around between receivers and Qb's too much like a passing game coordinator. That is of course a byproduct of him choosing not too have an offensive coordinator, which does add on more to his plate.

Fast forward and now we're seeing him more and more involved with the whole team, which I think is an important component of being the head coach. We're getting articles of him participating in drills with all the different position groups now. My favorite part of him that I am continuously reading though is his strict attention to detail. After every practice he watches closely over the film work and looks for all areas of improvement. I would compare what we have been reading about his tireless worth ethic towards details since arriving here as very Walsh-esque. Now let's just hope it lends Walsh-esque results.

FTFY.

Shanahan knows what he wants more than any other coach and may need to train the coaches as well as the players. That's OK until the team becomes knowledgeable about the scheme and he wants to turn the keys over to a trusted OC...just as Walsh did.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
Lets just hope he doesn't get fired after one year like our last two head coaches.

6 year contract and no offsets - He'll get at least 2+ years before Jed even thinks of doing that.
Lets just hope he doesn't get fired after one year like our last two head coaches.

0-16 Wouldn't even get him fired. Only way he's fired after 1 year would be by pulling an "Aldon Smith".
[ Edited by ronniefreakinlott42 on May 30, 2017 at 11:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
That is one amazing pic...that foretold the future. How old was Kyle here...22? Gads he looks young.

What gets me is the guy still looks about 22. I hope he coaches here as long as Bellicheat has coached with the Pats and gets another 5 lombardies for us. Now, if Jed just can stay out of Kyle's way and play with his legos or something, we'll be set!

I think if Jed does something stupid, he has to answer to Lynch. Even though Jed signs his checks, we all know whos the boss.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
'Hello, is it me you're looking for...'

Love it...

Winrar.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
'Hello, is it me you're looking for...'

Love it...

Winrar.

Cause I wonder where you are and I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely? Or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart, for I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying I love you
Hard to ignore the additions to the offense. Shanny's offense, plus hoyer, plus an h back, garcon, kerley coming back, vance Hyde or any of the new RBs that are here. Our offense will be better than the last few years, despite having good defensive teams in our division.

I can see us playing .500 ball in our division this year. The defense is the wildcard.
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Hard to ignore the additions to the offense. Shanny's offense, plus hoyer, plus an h back, garcon, kerley coming back, vance Hyde or any of the new RBs that are here. Our offense will be better than the last few years, despite having good defensive teams in our division.

I can see us playing .500 ball in our division this year. The defense is the wildcard.

i think it's the opposite. I think the D will be very surprising but the O still lacks talent in very key areas. I think the O will be the wild card.
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:

0-16 Wouldn't even get him fired. Only way he's fired after 1 year would be by pulling an "Aldon Smith".

You mean a Steve Sarkisian, right?

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by PacTiger:

i think it's the opposite. I think the D will be very surprising but the O still lacks talent in very key areas. I think the O will be the wild card.

In a perfect world we'd have that marquee WR. Agree to disagree, I see more holes on defense.

Either way I think we will see an improving product next year and I'm excited to see it!!!
[ Edited by PacTiger on May 30, 2017 at 9:15 PM ]

Agreed
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Agreed

Well in that case good surprises will happen.. Shanny will scheme dudes open to get points in a better way than how even Chip was able to do so last year. If Robinson or Taylor can emerge into a legit #4 that wins his matchups. I tried to find how often Kyle uses 10 personnel last year but no luck.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Hopefully giving some nice karma. Might've been there yesterday too. BTW why isn't there an OTA thread anywhere?
[ Edited by ninerjok on May 31, 2017 at 1:33 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Hopefully giving some nice karma. Might've been there yesterday too. BTW why isn't there an OTA thread anywhere?

right, I was just looking for it?
Share 49ersWebzone