LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 244 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I still remember back in January... it was either a Tuesday or Wednesday... my heart was kind of racing in the middle of class because I just had a funny feeling the future of our franchise was going to be determined any moment... either Kyle Shanahan or literally Tom Cable. A couple hours later, low and behold, Ian Rap tweets that Cable was dropping out of the race and the HC job was being offered to Shanahan.

I don't think I've experienced that much relief as a 49ers fan in years.

^ME. I can't believe Cable was even in consideration
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
I still remember back in January... it was either a Tuesday or Wednesday... my heart was kind of racing in the middle of class because I just had a funny feeling the future of our franchise was going to be determined any moment... either Kyle Shanahan or literally Tom Cable. A couple hours later, low and behold, Ian Rap tweets that Cable was dropping out of the race and the HC job was being offered to Shanahan.

Never thought Cable had a chance
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This. I think Shanahan and McDaniels we're always going to be the targets with whatever gm canidate felt like the best pairing with them.

Cable was just be looked at as a match with Scott Fitterer and Trent Kirchner, whom never seemed like serious targets either.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jun 6, 2017 at 4:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
They used to do the rat family bit on the Jim Rome show. Always seemed pretty low, sort of the sudio version of click bait. Anyway, I guess I am contributing since I found this.

Lol, good stuff

At that time, anything could have happened!
Originally posted by English:

At that time, anything could have happened!

But not Cable! Unless they were going to resign McDonald and Brock...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Interesting article on Kyle's approach to offense specifically the fullback position. Note: Devonte Freeman (Atlanta RB) in year 2014 he had 30 pass receptions. In 2015 he had 73 receptions, Kyle's first year coaching with Atlanta. I can see Carlos Hyde or Joe Williams being a go to receiver in Kyle's offense. With our Joe Williams, he has great speed, if he can master the Roger Craig technique of making the first defender miss after he catches a pass, this guy can take it to the end zone with his speed. Tevin Colman has the same speed that Joe Williams had and his 2016 yards per receiving is 13.6 yards. Wow. And this is from the Running Back position.

link

You can argue that Kyle Juszczyk is as important a signing as anybody," Cosell said. "You look back at what Shanahan did with the fullback position in Atlanta. Patrick DiMarco played 30 percent of the snaps. That's almost unheard of in today's NFL.

"You look at Kyle Juszczyk, who's the best fullback in the NFL, he's going to play 30-35 percent of the snaps. He's a terrific receiver. That's a signing that's so, so important."
Originally posted by Giedi:
Interesting article on Kyle's approach to offense specifically the fullback position. Note: Devonte Freeman (Atlanta RB) in year 2014 he had 30 pass receptions. In 2015 he had 73 receptions, Kyle's first year coaching with Atlanta. I can see Carlos Hyde or Joe Williams being a go to receiver in Kyle's offense. With our Joe Williams, he has great speed, if he can master the Roger Craig technique of making the first defender miss after he catches a pass, this guy can take it to the end zone with his speed. Tevin Colman has the same speed that Joe Williams had and his 2016 yards per receiving is 13.6 yards. Wow. And this is from the Running Back position.

link

You can argue that Kyle Juszczyk is as important a signing as anybody," Cosell said. "You look back at what Shanahan did with the fullback position in Atlanta. Patrick DiMarco played 30 percent of the snaps. That's almost unheard of in today's NFL.

"You look at Kyle Juszczyk, who's the best fullback in the NFL, he's going to play 30-35 percent of the snaps. He's a terrific receiver. That's a signing that's so, so important."

Welcome to the WCO again. I love it. Juszczyk is as much of a FB as Tom Rathman was. LOL. But Juszczyk adds even more athleticism and versatility (which you know Kyle is like ). I don't particularly see the WR's as being a strength this year which means, by nature of the WCO, coupled with this potential fact, Hoyer/Kyle are going to be leaning on the RB's and TE's in this offense this year BIG TIME. In fact, where Kyle would normally be scheming up his Julio Jones, here, the RB's and TE's will be 'featured' the most. Why not? It's an extension of the running game and those passes are the easiest for QB's to make. Plus it's a form of ball control which gives us a shot to win in the end and doesn't tire out our defense.

This group better hit those jugs machines!

RB1: Carlos Hyde; Kapri Bibbs
RB2: Joe Williams; Matt Breida
OW: *Kyle Juszczyk; *George Kittle
TE: Vance McDonald; Logan Paulsen
Great listen right here: http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/1-on-1-Greg-Cosell-Evaluates-49ers-OTAs/1fec1811-6070-4299-ae45-8c536c4f69f3
Originally posted by NCommand:

link

Welcome to the WCO again. I love it. Juszczyk is as much of a FB as Tom Rathman was. LOL. But Juszczyk adds even more athleticism and versatility (which you know Kyle is like ). I don't particularly see the WR's as being a strength this year which means, by nature of the WCO, coupled with this potential fact, Hoyer/Kyle are going to be leaning on the RB's and TE's in this offense this year BIG TIME. In fact, where Kyle would normally be scheming up his Julio Jones, here, the RB's and TE's will be 'featured' the most. Why not? It's an extension of the running game and those passes are the easiest for QB's to make. Plus it's a form of ball control which gives us a shot to win in the end and doesn't tire out our defense.

There might be some incredible competition among the skill positions...and won't that be a hoot?!

And an increase in talent
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:

link

There might be some incredible competition among the skill positions...and won't that be a hoot?!

Yeah! If you think about it, even the slot WR's with Kerley and Taylor will be extensions of the running game too...another safety net for Hoyer especially on 3rd downs.

And if Garcon and Robinson/Aldrick can add anything outside, it will be huge for us.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 6, 2017 at 4:09 PM ]
We got a full arsenal; now we just gotta find someone to pull the trigger.

link

Is it ironic that Rathman is no longer with the team now that it will use the FB more? Last year he worked with an anti-FB HC but now.... I'm not complaining as they picked up one of the best RB/FB coaches in the NFL but just seemed...sad in a way.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Is it ironic that Rathman is no longer with the team now that it will use the FB more? Last year he worked with an anti-FB HC but now.... I'm not complaining as they picked up one of the best RB/FB coaches in the NFL but just seemed...sad in a way.

Yeah, that was pretty sad and unfortunate. Is he even working right now?
Share 49ersWebzone