There are 216 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
George Kittle is quietly having a pro bowl type season. He is 3rd in yards, 1st in YPC, 3rd in TD's, 6th in 1st downs and is #1 in passer rating when targeted amongst all TE's with atleast 18 targets.
I wish the Pro Bowl was in Vegas again lol. Yeah, it's flag football..kinda boring but kinda fun too. And so cool to see all the players. It's chill n fun. Juice and Kittle were having a good time.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
^^^ Next time someone says "Kittle stays to block to help the oline" show them these pictures. Kittle is running more routes on pass plays than anyone else on the offense and has done so throughout the season.

Why people continue to repeat statements that are untrue is beyond me.

Proof he needs to be the focal point/option 1 way more often.

He deserves one deep shot attempt per game. Use that size and 4.5 speed vs a safety.

This. We can create mismatches on virtually any play. Need to take advantage.

Yup, the real issue some posters don't want to admit is that when we face a premier d line. You know like you usually do if you want to get to the Super Bowl...aka the Eagles.... Kittle has to stay in to help block because the right side of the line is weak.

And yet somehow posters believe that QBs can simply get the ball out in less than 2.5 seconds against our elite D-line and negate our pass rush. Post #10006 takes care of the stay in to help block point. As for chipping, etc, again, somehow other teams are able to get the ball out quick minimizing our pass rush with far less weapons to work with. I don't fully buy it. With that said, Kittle still manages to average around 60 ypc on account of a few monster games per year he will have, as opposed to being featured consistently or just in games where it makes sense to run more of the offense through him. To add, the Eagles have a great D-line. But which of their linebackers or safeties do you think is going to shut down Kittle? And if they are committing to stopping Kittle, then who do they committ to stop McCaffery in the passing offense? Who is covering Juice? Somehow, some way, other teams, with lesser talent, going against great Philly D-line have managed to move the ball against them through the air. Their pass D is nowhere near where it was last year. This can be done, even with our inferior O-line. We just have to play smart.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by 9moon:
yah'll laughing cause Kittles got more yards ?? Go check out the receptions..

Kitlles 35-559-4
LaPorta 44-474-4

The difference is this is considered a down year for Kittle.

Honestly, its been a underutilized career a pass catcher, never mind a season.

EXACTLY what I'm saying... as awesome as sKittles is, he not being used right... not to the max... and that goes for 44 as well..

he's shut down all the arguments as who is best TE in football if KS just get him the ball MORE OFTEN..
Originally posted by 9moon:
EXACTLY what I'm saying... as awesome as sKittles is, he not being used right... not to the max... and that goes for 44 as well..

he's shut down all the arguments as who is best TE in football if KS just get him the ball MORE OFTEN..

I agree with ya..85 is BP's fave target, feed him balls. Would love to see Juice get more too.
if Kittle wants the ball more, he should finish his routes
^^^ Next time someone says "Kittle stays to block to help the oline" show them these pictures. Kittle is running more routes on pass plays than anyone else on the offense and has done so throughout the season.

He deserves one deep shot attempt per game. Use that size and 4.5 speed vs a safety.

Yup, the real issue some posters don't want to admit is that when we face a premier d line. You know like you usually do if you want to get to the Super Bowl...aka the Eagles.... Kittle has to stay in to help block because the right side of the line is weak.

And yet somehow posters believe that QBs can simply get the ball out in less than 2.5 seconds against our elite D-line and negate our pass rush. Post #10006 takes care of the stay in to help block point. As for chipping, etc, again, somehow other teams are able to get the ball out quick minimizing our pass rush with far less weapons to work with. I don't fully buy it. With that said, Kittle still manages to average around 60 ypc on account of a few monster games per year he will have, as opposed to being featured consistently or just in games where it makes sense to run more of the offense through him. To add, the Eagles have a great D-line. But which of their linebackers or safeties do you think is going to shut down Kittle? And if they are committing to stopping Kittle, then who do they committ to stop McCaffery in the passing offense? Who is covering Juice? Somehow, some way, other teams, with lesser talent, going against great Philly D-line have managed to move the ball against them through the air. Their pass D is nowhere near where it was last year. This can be done, even with our inferior O-line. We just have to play smart.

You're right about the eagles d not being as good, but they don't have to cover kittle if he's blocking or not a high option on a pass play etc. I would love to see him have a monster game against the eagles.

You're right about the eagles d not being as good, but they don't have to cover kittle if he's blocking or not a high option on a pass play etc. I would love to see him have a monster game against the eagles.

Thats just it- put Kittle out there and let him carve the Eagles up. I'm talking 10 to 12 passes thrown his way. 5 thrown Juice's way. 7 to 10 thrown CMC's way. These are not long developing plays. The ball can come out quick Deebo and BA would do some monster blocking on the edges. If we are in control of the game, their pass rush will slow down and those deeper passes to BA will open up and perhaps some running as well. I remember we would destroy the best Rams teams by running. This Eagles team will be tough to run on- its like running against the 2011 49ers. If anything, it's a Jordan Mason kind of day at RB and McCaffrey is in the slot or out wide.

We can control the game this way if we play them smart.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
George Kittle is quietly having a pro bowl type season. He is 3rd in yards, 1st in YPC, 3rd in TD's, 6th in 1st downs and is #1 in passer rating when targeted amongst all TE's with atleast 18 targets.

That's great perspective because it still feels like he's so underutilized but he'll always make the most of limited opportunities (compared to more pass centric teams who prioritize that matchup more).
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by YACBros85:

That's great perspective because it still feels like he's so underutilized but he'll always make the most of limited opportunities (compared to more pass centric teams who prioritize that matchup more).

Exactly. I think he could have another 1300 yard year if that were the priority. I don't think its a necessity but he can be used more to control the game when the run isn't there.

Thats just it- put Kittle out there and let him carve the Eagles up. I'm talking 10 to 12 passes thrown his way. 5 thrown Juice's way. 7 to 10 thrown CMC's way. These are not long developing plays. The ball can come out quick Deebo and BA would do some monster blocking on the edges. If we are in control of the game, their pass rush will slow down and those deeper passes to BA will open up and perhaps some running as well. I remember we would destroy the best Rams teams by running. This Eagles team will be tough to run on- its like running against the 2011 49ers. If anything, it's a Jordan Mason kind of day at RB and McCaffrey is in the slot or out wide.

Yup. But it starts with being able to run against their #3 DL. If we can't establish the run, Kittle will be stuck in PP making sure Brock's elbow stays intact.

Yup. But it starts with being able to run against their #3 DL. If we can't establish the run, Kittle will be stuck in PP making sure Brock's elbow stays intact.

Teams with lesser talent have passed the ball on them. I'd pass to set up the run against Philly. Get the ball out quick, make their linebackers run sideline to sideline covering Kittle, CMC, and Juice.

I don't think we are going to get far trying to come out running against them. And from your own arguments, pass rush can be neutralized in 2.5 seconds:).

Teams with lesser talent have passed the ball on them. I'd pass to set up the run against Philly. Get the ball out quick, make their linebackers run sideline to sideline covering Kittle, CMC, and Juice.

I don't think we are going to get far trying to come out running against them. And from your own arguments, pass rush can be neutralized in 2.5 seconds:).

That's true. That would be fun to see for sure. Let's see how Kyle manages it this time around with a 2 armed QB!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

No. He should trade positions with CMC.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

No. He should trade positions with CMC.

And go play for the Ravens or KC.
Share 49ersWebzone