Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 240 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Coached by a loser so I'm not sure how much to blame he gets.

How many years will we keep him in to block? Because of our terrible offensive line. I'm sick of people saying Kelce is better. This guy isn't even running patterns. He's blocking which he's great at. But in the patterns he has great hands and even more speed than Kelce. He's just as good or better. We need to get him the ball more. Going away from him in the Super Bowl was terrible.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How many years will we keep him in to block? Because of our terrible offensive line. I'm sick of people saying Kelce is better. This guy isn't even running patterns. He's blocking which he's great at. But in the patterns he has great hands and even more speed than Kelce. He's just as good or better. We need to get him the ball more. Going away from him in the Super Bowl was terrible.

EXCELLENT SanDiego49er!!

If he'd just be running routes he'd have much better stats and be healthier.
Did he play Sunday?
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Did he play Sunday?

He looked devastated tbh.
Did he play Sunday?

You wouldn't know he did.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Did he play Sunday?

He looked devastated tbh.

Yah he did. He didn't have many opportunities to contribute. Sucked.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Did he play Sunday?

Exactly. Not a good game for George. Next year is a long time away.
People always go to opposite extremes. I was saying how Kelce is a better receiver especially against man coverage, in the beginning of the year, and was met with a lot of "this isnt true" and "Kittle was better" posts. Now suddenly Kittle is useless.

Kittle is still a great TE and best all-around TE in football. He just isn't that guy at receiver where he is dominant the more routes he runs. You can't just force feed him because his one on one skills arent in that territory. 2018 he was the best receiver on a losing team who got force fed the ball.

Kittle's biggest value is in being an elite run blocker and a receiving mismatch on TE drifts, etc
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Did he play Sunday?

Exactly. Not a good game for George. Next year is a long time away.

I love the guy. He is my favorite Niners along with Deebo. I know from social media he was trying to start a family with is wife and they had difficulties. Hopefully that dream comes true for them this offseason. The way he is wired he would be completely rejuvenated for another 5 years lol.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
People always go to opposite extremes. I was saying how Kelce is a better receiver especially against man coverage, in the beginning of the year, and was met with a lot of "this isnt true" and "Kittle was better" posts. Now suddenly Kittle is useless.

Kittle is still a great TE and best all-around TE in football. He just isn't that guy at receiver where he is dominant the more routes he runs. You can't just force feed him because his one on one skills arent in that territory. 2018 he was the best receiver on a losing team who got force fed the ball.

Kittle's biggest value is in being an elite run blocker and a receiving mismatch on TE drifts, etc

I disagree. Little is still that dude, the team just hasn't addressed the offensive line and he's a 6th lineman most of the time and we are wasting him

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
I disagree. Little is still that dude, the team just hasn't addressed the offensive line and he's a 6th lineman most of the time and we are wasting him

this isnt true. kittle ran a lot of routes this year, and hes stayed in to pass pro very little. certainly not "most of the time" which would imply over 50% of snaps hes blocking. That's an urban legend and I dont get why people parrot it.

this isnt true. kittle ran a lot of routes this year, and hes stayed in to pass pro very little. certainly not "most of the time" which would imply over 50% of snaps hes blocking. That's an urban legend and I dont get why people parrot it.

I highly doubt that.

I highly doubt that.

Also aside percentages the argument is, yes he's an amazing blocker, but it takes away from him being an amazing receiver, which he is and is largely underutilized there.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I highly doubt that.

Also aside percentages the argument is, yes he's an amazing blocker, but it takes away from him being an amazing receiver, which he is and is largely underutilized there.

If he's not blocking on the line he's not the primary target and is asked to clear linebackers and safeties down field. If you think kittle is running clear routes all year long you're not watching the games

I literally posted this four months ago.

But people will still say that Kittle pass blocks more than he runs routes.
Share 49ersWebzone