There are 99 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Anyone ever figure out why kittle left the game during the SB?

I forgot was it a shoulder injury? He got smacked hard a couple times. Or was that the Detroit game? I would look it up but don't want to be in a bad mood looking up that game lol
Originally posted by Montana:

I forgot was it a shoulder injury? He got smacked hard a couple times. Or was that the Detroit game? I would look it up but don't want to be in a bad mood looking up that game lol

Pretty sure he and Ward both had core surgery shortly after the loss so I'm guessing it was a sports hernia
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Pretty sure he and Ward both had core surgery shortly after the loss so I'm guessing it was a sports hernia

Kittle had surgery? I thought he avoided that at all costs?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

"According to general manager John Lynch, San Francisco 49ers cornerback Charvarius Ward wasn't the sole player to undergo core muscle surgery this offseason. Lynch disclosed to reporters at the NFL owners meetings on Monday that All-Pro tight end George Kittle also had the procedure."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/news/amp-179585/

"According to general manager John Lynch, San Francisco 49ers cornerback Charvarius Ward wasn't the sole player to undergo core muscle surgery this offseason. Lynch disclosed to reporters at the NFL owners meetings on Monday that All-Pro tight end George Kittle also had the procedure."

Very interesting. My man getting old. Seriously if he can stay healthy he can play a long time. He is gifted, but imo needs to be catching more passes and less trench abuse to be effective as he ages.

Very interesting. My man getting old. Seriously if he can stay healthy he can play a long time. He is gifted, but imo needs to be catching more passes and less trench abuse to be effective as he ages.

That would explain why he left the game in the SB
Honestly I wouldn't be upset if they gave him an extension in a yr. Lower his cap in 2025. Dude is still petty awesome
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 29, 2024 at 12:24 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
All they ever use this guy as is a BLOCKER. Meanwhile Kelce gets used out in the patterns. I keep hearing from people how Kelce is better. Kittle is a better athlete and faster. Maybe fix the offensive line so we can actually use him.

Kelce seems to have elite zone breaking skills.....I'd put that above Kittle.

But that in itself as good as it is, isn't worth the overall superior player Kittle is.

If Kittle was on the Chiefs, you better believe that part of his game would improve significantly.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
All they ever use this guy as is a BLOCKER. Meanwhile Kelce gets used out in the patterns. I keep hearing from people how Kelce is better. Kittle is a better athlete and faster. Maybe fix the offensive line so we can actually use him.

But that in itself as good as it is, isn't worth the overall superior player Kittle is.

If Kittle was on the Chiefs, you better believe that part of his game would improve significantly.

I have no clue what he's talking about regarding blocking?

Kittle had a whopping 45 snaps as a pass-blocker this yr (1,084 total snaps). Dude just had an all-pro yr. Kelce is the #1 receiver on a pass heavy team. Kittle is not the #1 receiver on a team that's much more balanced.

like I said, go give Kittle an extension next yr. Push that cap down the road and make him a niner for life.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I have no clue what he's talking about regarding blocking?

Kittle had a whopping 45 snaps as a pass-blocker this yr (1,084 total snaps). Dude just had an all-pro yr. Kelce is the #1 receiver on a pass heavy team. Kittle is not the #1 receiver on a team that's much more balanced.

like I said, go give Kittle an extension next yr. Push that cap down the road and make him a niner for life.

If I had a dollar anyone ever said that about SD's takes....

Overall it's a different scheme / personnel. Kelce literally plays back yard football, he has "routes" that just don't exist lol

He's also always been either option 1 or 2, which just isn't the case with Kittle. I think Kittle is better suited for our offense, and Kelce for theirs.

Honestly I wouldn't be upset if they gave him an extension in a yr. Lower his cap in 2025. Dude is still petty awesome

Still the best tight in the game and that's without getting half as many targets as Travis Kelce without Mahomes throwing to him as well. Absolutely remarkable what he has done with so little.

My man!!!! Exactly what I was getting at as well. Great minds JT, great minds

"Once again Richard Grieco…..you see right through me!"
[ Edited by elguapo on May 4, 2024 at 12:46 PM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Overall it's a different scheme / personnel. Kelce literally plays back yard football, he has "routes" that just don't exist lol

He's also always been either option 1 or 2, which just isn't the case with Kittle. I think Kittle is better suited for our offense, and Kelce for theirs.

Agreed. Also acting like he was in to pass-block all the time is simply not true.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Still the best tight in the game and that's without getting half as many targets as Travis Kelce without Mahomes throwing to him as well. Absolutely remarkable what he has done with so little.

Give that man an extension. I want him to be a 49er until he retires
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Agreed. Also acting like he was in to pass-block all the time is simply not true.

That 4% blocking is killing us
Share 49ersWebzone