LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 234 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Wow overall he could be the best tight end in the league very shortly. He's run blocking and pass blocking is ridiculous not to mention his play making

I guess I was right on this one! I've been calling this guy since he was drafted I think he could easily be the best tight end in the league, actually I think he already is. Imagine if he played on a team with a quarterback like Gronk has or Kelsey or ertz Then it would be no contest in my opinion. I actually might buy his jersey
Originally posted by eastcoastfortyniner:
Yay. One good player.

Let's make more statues to the glories of the past.

Wow seriously?
Originally posted by elguapo:
Yay. One good player.

Let's make more statues to the glories of the past.

Wow seriously?

Is he wrong?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Is he wrong?

If he's talking about drafting we've had a few good players. If he's talking about the team on offense we also have a few good players. On defense we have a few good players as well. So I think he's wrong yes.

If Jimmy Garoppolo was healthy the offense would look so much better remember what he did to the offensive line? It was ranked what 28th and he got it to almost a top 10 unit. He kept offense on the field so long with his drives that the defense ranking jumped to basically top 10? So yes he is wrong, sometimes it takes a quarterback to make the whole team look better. See Aaron Rodgers please.
Lynch's greatest pick. A 5th round tight end.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

McGlinchey and Warner would like to have a word with you.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Oct 23, 2018 at 6:06 PM ]
I'm just saying that who cares that Kittle is playing great? He is amazing and hopefully will prove to be one of the best TE. But the team is a dumpster fire right now. And it's not just injuries. CBs are having brain farts. Turnovers are a joke. Pass rush. What pass rush?

Remember last year how bad we looked until JG showed up? Suddenly our OL and DL and WR played great? Where was all that energy? It showed up when the team stopped thinking of itself as losers.

Right now, they are playing like losers. Except for Breida and Kittle. That is not a reason to celebrate. It's a reason to ask where is everyone else?

So, instead of statues, how about we get the present and future taken care of?
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

McGlinchey, Warner and Kittle are very good young players. But we missed on most of the rest. We blew some very early round picks. Like Armstead and Solomon Thomas. Those early round busts really hurt you a lot. Although Armstead is actually a good player vs the run if you watch him play. I think we would like a lot more pass rush out of him. But it's hard to say he doesn't play the run well.

As for Kittle he looks absolutely great. He's far better than I thought he would be and I have said so before. He's fast, runs great routes, blocks bigger than his size, is aggressive going up for the ball, has great hands and coordination. He's just an excellent play maker. He should be great for us for years to come. Unfortunately he doesn't have much of a team around him. It's very sub par with a lot of bust picks.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 23, 2018 at 7:48 PM ]
Originally posted by RumphSteak:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Best TE since Brent Jones?? No knock on Davis but I think Kittle as a player is better.

VD had all that buffness for nothing. Kittle will have a better career.

For his size, VD didn't do enough trucking. Probably the reason he is still playing.

But he never was the same after Kam Chancellor gave him CTE.

Those guys are showing good stuff but I'd put Kittle on another level. He is playing elite both blocking and as a receiver. He's becoming that dude you have to stop and game plan around.

Its not knocking them though. Hopefully they elevate to Kittle's level like Kittle himself did from year one to year two.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 23, 2018 at 7:24 PM ]

Those guys are showing good stuff but I'd put Kittle on another level. He is playing elite both blocking and as a receiver. He's becoming that dude you have to stop and game plan around.

Its not knocking them though. Hopefully they elevate to Kittle's level like Kittle himself did from year one to year two.

Yeah Kittle is playing at elite and the other guys are playing good
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
I'm just saying that who cares that Kittle is playing great? He is amazing and hopefully will prove to be one of the best TE. But the team is a dumpster fire right now. And it's not just injuries. CBs are having brain farts. Turnovers are a joke. Pass rush. What pass rush?

Remember last year how bad we looked until JG showed up? Suddenly our OL and DL and WR played great? Where was all that energy? It showed up when the team stopped thinking of itself as losers.

Right now, they are playing like losers. Except for Breida and Kittle. That is not a reason to celebrate. It's a reason to ask where is everyone else?

So, instead of statues, how about we get the present and future taken care of?

There's plenty of threads pointing out the team has issues. This isn't one of those threads. Taking the whining elsewhere.

Does Breida count? Seeing as no other team picked him up during or after the draft?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
McGlinchey, Warner and Kittle are very good young players. But we missed on most of the rest. We blew some very early round picks. Like Armstead and Solomon Thomas. Those early round busts really hurt you a lot. Although Armstead is actually a good player vs the run if you watch him play. I think we would like a lot more pass rush out of him. But it's hard to say he doesn't play the run well.

As for Kittle he looks absolutely great. He's far better than I thought he would be and I have said so before. He's fast, runs great routes, blocks bigger than his size, is aggressive going up for the ball, has great hands and coordination. He's just an excellent play maker. He should be great for us for years to come. Unfortunately he doesn't have much of a team around him. It's very sub par with a lot of bust picks.

Armstead was not a Lynch pick.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Not sure how I feel about this....
Share 49ersWebzone