There are 213 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
kittle
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Very happy to see that his hands are becoming more reliable. That, and injuries, were his biggest knock. We needed a consistent offensive playmaker in the worst way. It looks like we have one.
Originally posted by mayo49:
We hit the lotto with Kittle.

No they didn't. Kyle and his staff did the film and home work on Kittle. Took him in the 5t and people assumed by the draft position that he wasn't going to be a stud, just serviceable.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 2, 2018 at 8:46 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

No they didn't. Kyle and his staff did the film and home work on Kittle

Stop. They've done "film and homework" on several other players who are going to bust. The draft is a total crapshoot. We hit on one here.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, but I don't think they imagined he'd be this good.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Stop. They've done "film and homework" on several other players who are going to bust. The draft is a total crapshoot. We hit on one here.

Disagree. They know exactly who and what they got in Kittle
He's the best TE in the league.

Originally posted by Nastastical:
What's crazy about GK is that teams know he's our #1 option and it's still hard to keep him in check. If we get a few more playmakers on offense, this kid could really blow up next season. I could only imagine his numbers if he replaced Gronk or Kelce on the Pats or KC.

People complain about Lynch, but this was a homerun pick in the 4th round.

You guys are both so right. I've been saying the same thing! He's been getting a lot of attention so if we get one more weapon this kid is easily going to be the best play maker at tight end. He already is

Yeah, but I don't think they imagined he'd be this good.

Yeah, they like his speed and pass catching ability. I think the blocking came a little later with Kittle.

He seemed to be 'under sized' for the position because the trend lately is going for a 6'6 dude. But that's just the wrong perception
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 2, 2018 at 8:53 AM ]

No they didn't. Kyle and his staff did the film and home work on Kittle. Took him in the 5t and people assumed by the draft position that he wasn't going to be a stud, just serviceable.

I was screaming to take Kittle in the third and was pissed we passed. When we landed him in the fifth it was pure elation. Absolute steal of a pick.

• okdkid
  • Veteran

Sir. If they truly thought he'd be a Pro Bowl TE they would have taken him much earlier. This is like the Seahawks saying they knew Russell Wilson was going to be a star. This goes both ways. Can't use this logic for the Kittle pick and then not use it for guys like Thomas, Witherspoon and others.

They thought he would be good, and he developed even better than they anticipated. That's great for us.

Sir. If they truly thought he'd be a Pro Bowl TE they would have taken him much earlier. This is like the Seahawks saying they knew Russell Wilson was going to be a star. This goes both ways. Can't use this logic for the Kittle pick and then not use it for guys like Thomas, Witherspoon and others.

They thought he would be good, and he developed even better than they anticipated. That's great for us.

They had to address the defense early in the draft before the offense that first year. They targeted Kittle from what Kyle was saying about Kittle after the draft.

I guess we're just arguing to what degree Kyle and his staff was right in picking Kittle
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 2, 2018 at 8:58 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

They had to address the defense early in the draft before the offense that first year. They targeted Kittle from what Kyle was saying about Kittle after the draft.

I guess we're just arguing to what degree Kyle and his staff was right in picking Kittle

We're arguing different things. I'm not saying Shanahan didn't target him.

I'm saying that no player in the history of the NFL taken past the 2nd round was thought of as a slam dunk Pro Bowl player by the team that drafted them. If they thought he was going to turn into the stud he is -- they would have taken him much earlier. They did work on him, which led to him being targeted. And their educated guess worked out.

Their educated guess on other players has not worked out. It's just a crapshoot.
STUD
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Yeah I agree. Kittle has taken that step we hoped the D guys would. He's not elite yet, but he's the best young up and coming TE imo.

I don't agree at all like I've said before he's my favorite player on this team. I also said he is Playing the Best at his position in the NFL right now. Blocking and receiving. People want to see consistency from him or more than one year of greatness well I would like that too, however what all of you that use that argument are failing to realize is he is playing with scrubs at quarterback. If he had Brady Wentz or Mahomes he would be better than all those tight ends right now. A lot better imo

I don't fail to realize anything, I don't miss 49ers games. I know what he's done and I have watched every play. You can put the cart before the horse all you want. IMO he's not there yet until he shows that consistency. Great truly elite players are consistently good/great. Kittle isn't there yet. Stop trying to rush the journey and enjoy the development man. He'll get there.
Share 49ersWebzone